PDA

View Full Version : Ubi, I need to see something happen

Roseguard_Cpt
09-28-2018, 04:57 AM
Hello everyone,
A bit of divergence from my usual sort of post, but after seeing and looking over the Season 6 State of Balance and watching a video b Spliced in another thread I need to see something happen. I'm not asking for any changes, but please just give us a tournament to watch in which we have Team Dev (Presumably Roman, Eric, Damien, etc) going against some of the main icons of the community/top tier players (Spliced, Kenzo, Dear Gamer, etc, etc there's a lot of people.)
I want to see the devs play characters such as LB, Shugoki, Cent against these community players. Right now there is a massive and obvious disconnect between you all and the community. It feels like you're looking at numbers rather than gameplay, and I'd like to believe that you at least play your own game.
In the State of Balance (Not sure S.o.B. is the best acronym) on Conq it says that you know about how we want shieldbash nerfed, but don't want to damage the good tools and that you'd rather strengthen the weak tools. Conq does not need a buff. Please. Just don't.
Also in the State of Balance LB has a 64% winrate against PK, and a 32% against Conq. His average may come out to 51% but he is in desperate need of change as a 32% winrate against a certain class shows a distinct lack of balance. LB according to the S.o.B. however, is not high on the priority list as needing help.
TL;DR Dev v Player Tourney, and please reevaluate your balance choices.
Sorry to be downer this time,
RGC

Charmzzz
09-28-2018, 08:55 AM
Oh yeah, I want to see them getting stomped by Conq, Kensei, LB and Raider in a Dom Match. Like really stomped. What would happen is that Roman and Damien would laugh about it and say that it is not a Balance thing but they lack skills...

Illyrian_King
09-28-2018, 11:04 AM
I would love to see such a stream!

Guess this would should down every "Lawbringer get gud" argument.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-28-2018, 04:43 PM
Maybe we could even get a Dev Clash. Not a dev leading a team of community players, but rather teams of purely devs, say the art/design team, the balance team, Warrior's Den hosts, etc all in a Dominion Tourney.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 06:52 PM
In the State of Balance (Not sure S.o.B. is the best acronym) on Conq it says that you know about how we want shieldbash nerfed, but don't want to damage the good tools and that you'd rather strengthen the weak tools. Conq does not need a buff. Please. Just don't.

They meant strengthen the weak tools of OTHER characters, as opposed to nerfing Conq.

Playing_Mantis
09-29-2018, 02:35 AM
so rather than tone down the shield bash spam thats so fun to fight against just give every hero a ******** spam move to counter it!! Thats a great idea and great logic! Sounds like a fun game!

Illyrian_King
09-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Best would be to slow it down for 50-100ms or to add gb vulnerability on miss.