PDA

View Full Version : Taking a minute to say good job

Kargish1
09-27-2018, 10:13 PM
I've played many different games on high competitive level. I've been diamond 1 in League of Legends, gladiator in World of Warcraft and master in Overwatch.
I have been thinking about attempting to reach high rank in For Honor as well, and I just wanna say that out of all the competitive games I've played, this is one of the first ones where I see the company themselves upload their internal data, discuss them and then talk about their thoughts for each individual character and how they are going to tackle the situation most likely.
Such a thing really deserves a good job, at the very least, and I could see myself stick around longer if this is standard procedure.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-27-2018, 10:46 PM
you haven't played this game for long enough.

chukblok
09-28-2018, 03:13 AM
The game is amazing. Still love it after all this time

bannex19
09-28-2018, 03:34 AM
you haven't played this game for long enough.

Been playing since beta and I still love it.

Charmzzz
09-28-2018, 08:19 AM
I've played many different games on high competitive level. I've been diamond 1 in League of Legends, gladiator in World of Warcraft and master in Overwatch.
I have been thinking about attempting to reach high rank in For Honor as well, and I just wanna say that out of all the competitive games I've played, this is one of the first ones where I see the company themselves upload their internal data, discuss them and then talk about their thoughts for each individual character and how they are going to tackle the situation most likely.
Such a thing really deserves a good job, at the very least, and I could see myself stick around longer if this is standard procedure.

Except they post Data, tell everyone that they will "look especially on Hero XY", then do nothing. Or tell us that they "talked to Progamers and the Community" about balance and all this info went into the next changes. That's what happened for 3 Seasons now.

This Recap is a month late because, my and others guess, they tried to make it not look so bad. Season 5 to 6 NOTHING was done concerning a fair balance. OP Classes are still OP (namely Conq in Duel, Kensei, Raider and LB in Dominion). They swing the Nerfhammer or overbuff Heroes like Dev's did in games 10 years ago. The Meta-Wheel is turning slowly, but when it turns you can put your Hero in the trashcan and start something new if you want to stay competitive.

bannex19
09-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Except they post Data, tell everyone that they will "look especially on Hero XY", then do nothing. Or tell us that they "talked to Progamers and the Community" about balance and all this info went into the next changes. That's what happened for 3 Seasons now.

This Recap is a month late because, my and others guess, they tried to make it not look so bad. Season 5 to 6 NOTHING was done concerning a fair balance. OP Classes are still OP (namely Conq in Duel, Kensei, Raider and LB in Dominion). They swing the Nerfhammer or overbuff Heroes like Dev's did in games 10 years ago. The Meta-Wheel is turning slowly, but when it turns you can put your Hero in the trashcan and start something new if you want to stay competitive.

The only complaint I have about the recap is the expectation that all balance will occur with the assassin bug fix.

The_B0G_
09-28-2018, 01:16 PM
The gladiator feedback was pretty good, basically his zone is extremely OP and they can't figure out why he sucks so bad. It's almost as if most people don't like spamming the same move over and over...

Charmzzz
09-28-2018, 02:09 PM
The only complaint I have about the recap is the expectation that all balance will occur with the assassin bug fix.

Fun Fact: the bug fix was released with 1.27 on 30.08.2018. So they could take a month worth of Data right now and look at it in comparison. They even did that on Valk, but not on the Assassins? Why? I have a guess... It did not fix the issue as much as they hoped. ;)

The gladiator feedback was pretty good, basically his zone is extremely OP and they can't figure out why he sucks so bad. It's almost as if most people don't like spamming the same move over and over...

I play Glad myself and I keep reading that they are looking at Glad since Season 5. Nothing was done. You can either pick Glad and use Zone twice, then try to stay alive with your sh*tty defense and repeat OR you can pick Conq and spam SB mixups all day or just stand there and go for option selects.

There is a reason why high level ranked play consists of Conqs and Wardens only atm. ;)

Seeroftruths
09-28-2018, 02:53 PM
League does regular Dev Blogs talking about their thoughts, though sometimes they are vague they do exist.
Plus you get useful information with the data they give.

Kinda felt bare bones to me.

Kargish1
09-28-2018, 03:36 PM
League does regular Dev Blogs talking about their thoughts, though sometimes they are vague they do exist.
Plus you get useful information with the data they give.

Kinda felt bare bones to me.

I disagree. League doesn't give you anything useful besides "we think X in a good spot" or "we don't think X in a good spot". They don't provide data, they don't discuss anything and is, as you put it, vague. Not to mention they balance around e-sports, aka 00,01% of their playerbase, and therefore don't try to make a balanced game.

Seeroftruths
09-28-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm not saying league doesn't have issues but every site that provides any data is all data Riot gave them, through the league API.
Which is just better then getting 2 Data points after a year and a half.
Also yea they can be vague, but they also explain whats going on often. and I find I can always just read the patch notes to get a better understand of why..
I'm not saying that Ubi didn't step in the right direction, they did, but like i said in a resent post, it's not enough.
Post here:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1937627-The-Problem-with-the-state-of-balance-Data

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 06:28 PM
I'm not saying that Ubi didn't step in the right direction, they did, but like i said in a resent post, it's not enough.

To you its not. This game has made leaps and bounds from where it was. Most companies would have left it dead in the water. They update us with information regularly by social media and here. As well as the Warriors Den. They are transparent and have been from the beginning. You may be able to name games that have done it as well, but to name one that has taken care of a game how Ubisoft has For Honor, Id say that would be nearly impossible.

This games revival and the effort they have put in, coupled with keeping the players in the loop, Ubisoft should be applauded.

Seeroftruths
09-28-2018, 06:47 PM
I have never been told my opinions before, neat.
I think this game has come a long way, but that doesn't mean I wont point out where it could do better.

My choice in game was due to the fact that OP pointed it out when saying other games don't do what For Honor does, and I felt he was wrong.
It wasn't a random game and it was relevant to the post.

I think what Ubi did with both For Honor and Rainbow 6: Siege is commendable, but they should know where their issues are so they can improve upon then.

In reality all I said was 2 data points is really bear bones and not that useful, while saying League does at least the same amount if not more.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 07:26 PM
In reality all I said was 2 data points is really bear bones and not that useful, while saying League does at least the same amount if not more.

In reality what youre doing is trying to discredit their accomplishments with a "so and so did it better" response.

Seeroftruths
09-28-2018, 07:43 PM
Not at all,
I pointed out the "so and so" because OP claimed they did not do it, which is false.
I would not have said anything about them if they were not brought up in the original post.

OP said league does not give Data or Talk about their thoughts, I said yes they do, with their API and the Dev Blogs/Patch notes.
Weather they do it better or not is irreverent to my point.

The only thing I'm trying to "discredit" is the original post, and only if you consider disagreeing to be discrediting.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 07:55 PM
Not at all,
I pointed out the "so and so" because OP claimed they did not do it, which is false.
I would not have said anything about them if they were not brought up in the original post.

OP said league does not give Data or Talk about their thoughts, I said yes they do, with their API and the Dev Blogs/Patch notes.
Weather they do it better or not is irreverent to my point.

The only thing I'm trying to "discredit" is the original post, and only if you consider disagreeing to be discrediting.

Have to admit, there is no debate here. You are right, he asked, you gave an example. I know when Im wrong and when to relent.

Seeroftruths
09-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Wow,
You don't see that often.

Like what now,
This is the internet, we don't admit fault here.

Though honestly, I hope I can have that much grace when at fault, cause lord knows I have too much ego for that.
Well played sir, Well played.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Wow,
You don't see that often.

Like what now,
This is the internet, we don't admit fault here.

Though honestly, I hope I can have that much grace when at fault, cause lord knows I have too much ego for that.
Well played sir, Well played.

Lol, you seem level headed enough to do the same, IF the time comes when youre wrong ;)

Next time I will do a better job of reading what I respond to. Have a nice day.

bannex19
09-28-2018, 08:42 PM
*BOOM*

For Honor

*fade to black*