PDA

View Full Version : Update Campaign and Learning Videos/Features

Illyrian_King
09-27-2018, 03:26 PM
We got a big flux of new players and Marching Fire is around the corner ... I heard several complaints in the match chats, of mechanics that newbies never heard of.

I played the Campaign again a few weeks ago, and it is basically For Honor 1.0

There are so many changes that happened, like the parry changes and reworks. What the Campaign help, when most learned things there are to be dismissed in Multiplayer?

Same with the learning videos in the training section. Most of them are still from the Beta. They should at least be actualized for the reworked Heroes, since half of their kit is different now.

The Apprentice Trials still tell you to do a guardbreak after parry ... it was even released AFTER the parry changes. Such stuff should not exist. Such things are very misleading ...

Now to go a slight bit away from the headline ... also the menu of the Arena Mode is a bit confusing for new players. Too meny registers with "Enemy settings", "Arena settings", etc. For a newby it's like open a lexicon of another language, while the Training still lacks stuff like training against more enemies or deciding the enemy's block or hit direction

bhitrock
09-27-2018, 03:43 PM
You're completely right! Actually, I wanted to make a post of this kind, but you was faster!
This thing of the "unupdated" story-mode can really create confusion to new players (it did to me, and it was before warden and valk reworks), and it shouldn't get much time to fix.

Illyrian_King
09-27-2018, 03:49 PM
You're completely right! Actually, I wanted to make a post of this kind, but you was faster!
This thing of the "unupdated" story-mode can really create confusion to new players (it did to me, and it was before warden and valk reworks), and it shouldn't get much time to fix.

It should really not take much time, to adjust some values with already existing plans. The Campaign has high importance for new players, since entering Multiplayer without any knowledge is basically suicide and a burden for the whole team.

Why has this been left out for so long, even there was an Update implementing almost only learning material for newbies?

bhitrock
09-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Maybe they just forgot. I never saw a post about it, so maybe they didn't even think of it. Hopefully now they'll fix this thing.