PDA

View Full Version : Fortnite now has cross saves - Will For Honor ever?

Tyrjo
09-26-2018, 07:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BjqkPeY4s

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1894230-It-s-time-to-unify-the-account-across-platforms

My post is basically about cross saves/progress, not cross play. PC players would crush console players.

PepsiBeastin
09-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Cross-play should be possible if PC were locked to 30fps in crossed matches, I'd think

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 08:19 PM
Cross-play should be possible if PC were locked to 30fps in crossed matches, I'd think

The PC community would go ballistic if they ever implemented such a low framerate cap. You might get away with a cap of 60, but not 30. I run it at around 115 or so.

UbiInsulin
09-26-2018, 08:34 PM
My post is basically about cross saves/progress, not cross play. PC players would crush console players.

Wanted to highlight that OP technically was asking about cross-saves rather than cross-play, per se.

But I can definitely let the team know there's an interest in both.

tehemperorer
09-26-2018, 11:35 PM
Wanted to highlight that OP technically was asking about cross-saves rather than cross-play, per se.

Do you mean to say that you didn't know there was an interest in crossplay? It's basically there in every game that spans multiple platforms...

Tyrjo
09-28-2018, 11:22 AM

Exactly. I meant cross saves, which means...cross progress of steel and unlocks. No matter where you play you have the same stuff.

Tyrjo
09-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Another workaround would be account migration. I would easily pay $15-20 in order to move everything I have on PS4 to PC.

Tyrjo
01-07-2019, 05:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_3KiBSaGE

Topic brought up again by Infinite. Well, indirectly.

garr1999
01-07-2019, 06:40 PM
it's too bad the Devs don't actually watch/listen to the youtubers who make these posts
it would help save face if they did but It's too late for that now is it

Lord_Vipes
01-07-2019, 07:21 PM
I support both cross platform and cross save. Maybe have cross platform as an option. I mean it's not like this is a FPS/TPS where KB+M would destroy controllers. This game was made for controllers.

But cross save is a welcome addition. I'd buy it on my Xbox One if it was possible. Having all my progress synced, and customizations would be amazing.

UbiInsulin
01-07-2019, 07:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_3KiBSaGE

Topic brought up again by Infinite. Well, indirectly.

I'll raise the topic again. It's probably worth noting that there isn't a Ubi game that enables this, at least to my knowledge. I don't know if it is a technical possibility. Some data is tied to your Ubi account, and some is tied to things like your Xbox gamer tag or your PSN ID.

Tyrjo
01-08-2019, 12:08 PM
I'll raise the topic again. It's probably worth noting that there isn't a Ubi game that enables this, at least to my knowledge. I don't know if it is a technical possibility. Some data is tied to your Ubi account, and some is tied to things like your Xbox gamer tag or your PSN ID.

I would think that an account merger from PS4 to PC would be possible to do though. There are many who wants to move to PC like Infinite says, but the time they put into the game on console is to vast for them to make the jump. Just unlock every customization I have on console (sans expansions) and add the steel and boxes I have there on my PC account.

This is even something I would pay for like a service, say $9.99.

This would:

Boost the PC player base. (Something that is very needed)
Give revenue through migration fee
Give revenue through expansion sales

BLOOD-E-BARON
01-09-2019, 02:01 AM
On the cross play side of talks ps4 and xbox would benefit from a player increase thus bolstering matchmaking. Fortnite can do it, I'm sure For Honor can too 😀

Tyrjo
01-09-2019, 07:12 AM
I would think that an account merger from PS4 to PC would be possible to do though. There are many who wants to move to PC like Infinite says, but the time they put into the game on console is to vast for them to make the jump. Just unlock every customization I have on console (sans expansions) and add the steel and boxes I have there on my PC account.

This is even something I would pay for like a service, say $9.99.

This would:

Boost the PC player base. (Something that is very needed)
Give revenue through migration fee
Give revenue through expansion sales

I forgot:

Increased sales of the base game on PC