PDA

View Full Version : Buy the game and support 1C Maddox Games!

walsh2509
12-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Buy the game and support 1C Maddox Games!

I DID !

My support cost me 34.99p

I just had a look at PLAY.COM you can now get it what "less than a month?" later for ...

17.99p

What does the 17 more I paid , get me? does it get me more offical patches and addon's, than if I had waited a few weeks and paid 17 less?

or does this say that games are over priced to start with?

walsh2509
12-13-2004, 09:32 PM

I DID !

I just had a look at PLAY.COM you can now get it what "less than a month?" later for ...

17.99p

What does the 17 more I paid , get me? does it get me more offical patches and addon's, than if I had waited a few weeks and paid 17 less?

or does this say that games are over priced to start with?

Waldo.Pepper
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Been there done that got the receipt.
Wish I could get the T-shirt

3.JG51_BigBear
12-13-2004, 10:19 PM
I second this but I think you're speaking to the choir for the most part.

Tooz_69GIAP
12-13-2004, 10:45 PM
I think the extra 17 goes to Ubi for their oh so wonderful packaging and advertising.

pettera
12-14-2004, 04:58 AM
Its still pretty cheap anyway compared to lots of other things such as DVD movies, music CDs, Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe Premiere,...

Its a niche product and a lot of effort is put into it. Lets hope most of the money goes to 1C and not to UBI.

Petter

NorrisMcWhirter
12-14-2004, 06:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walsh2509:

I DID !

17.99p

or does this say that games are over priced to start with? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheap at half the price.

Cheers,
Norris

F19_Gazoo
12-14-2004, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walsh2509:

I DID !

17.99p

or does this say that games are over priced to start with? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you got to fly the sim "less than a month?" sooner.

That´s life ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

AWL_Spinner
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that whether you paid 34.99 (that's got to be a highstreet price, right? Buy everything online!) or 17.99, the amount that 1C get from Ubisoft will be exactly the same.

In fact, the amount Ubisoft get from the stores shipping the game is probably also a standard unit price. The difference will be mostly down to the end-vendor. You don't have to pay the wages of as many spotty oiks when you buy online.

I think I paid 24.99 to Play on release day. They probably paid 12.99 to Ubisoft who probably paid 6.49 to 1C*

Cheers, Spinner

* These are complete guesses, but I'd love to know.

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Hello,

I did and five of my friends also!
It is a great game and maybe not perfect but as prefect as possible!
The only aircraft we are still wayting for is the;
MOSQUITO....

Thanks Oleg and co-workers.

Sensei.

Bearcat99
12-14-2004, 10:03 PM
I paid $49 for it on release day.... as far as I am concerned I dont care what it is going for now. I paid what I paid and I got what I paid for. Hey I paid top dollar for FB and the AEP... now both are going for $29.... which is less than I paid for either seperately. Thats life. It helps to make up for those who stole it and never paid for it.

TAGERT.
12-14-2004, 10:08 PM

I DID !

17.99p

or does this say that games are over priced to start with? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In your case it looks like the 17 more you paid gave you an excuse to beeeeeeeeeeeeyach.

eddiemac0
12-14-2004, 10:35 PM
That's the problem with piracy and this industry (much more so than the film industry). Very litte of that $40-50 you paid gets back to the developer in the first place, and piracy hurts a lot at the source becase publishers like Ubisoft, are just that, large corporations with a wide pool of distribution. A good game gets pirated a lot more than a bad one, and good games come from smaller developers (at least in my experience). Any ways, I feel good about paying max price when it comes out, because I'm pretty sure this is a royalty based proft industry.