PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Insanity

PureKnight56
09-26-2018, 01:04 AM
So I'm currently very happy that revenge is taking a fat nerf with the gear system overhaul, its insane what zerkers among a couple other characters can do with it, especially with just one shot combos insanely easy to pull off that their kits actually really help do, either way, revenge is insane, specifically at the high levels of play, zerkers holding revenge, able to do anything without reprecussions because they have that revenge they can activate any time for an insane punish as soon as you do anything but block, even then he has a very oppressing side unblockable, basically all these make him untouchable unless its a 4v1 and with the current gear system and his 2nd feat that gives him revenge when attacking, he is completely safe, so what I suggest to fix this, is give everyone a 3 second window to activate their revenge, otherwise you lose the entire bar, this will encourage people to stop delaying the fight so long since its scary to hit someone when they have revenge but not activated it, and it doesn't help zerker already has hyper armor on near every attack, this in addition to the new perk system will make it strong and useful since it provides a 30% dmg boost base and 120 armor, but balanced at the same time since we won't have people holding it and scaring everyone into turtling while still not making it useless against 3v1s and 4v1s since it still is the same just people can't hole up with that yellow hue surrounding them, thanks for listening if you see this.

SuguruMisato
09-26-2018, 05:23 AM
They won't fix this game ever. It's a pile of steaming **** right now with so many aspects broken, that I'm tired of repeating what's bad... These pathetic revenge builds are also trash.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-26-2018, 02:43 PM
1. Bait revenge with a heavy feint
2. Turtle
3. …
4. Profit?

HazelrahFirefly
09-26-2018, 03:24 PM
1. Bait revenge with a heavy feint
2. Turtle
3. …
4. Profit?

You haven't come across the builds that instantly get it back to back, have you? I mean, within blocking a few hits. They know when their revenge is going to end, block three attacks and pop it again.

I had a Warden opponent, fighting two people only, do that exact thing seven times in a row. I didn't even fight him until everyone else stopped, because it was just a slaughter.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-26-2018, 03:32 PM
I try not to throw things that will be blocked. I'm a Nobushi, if I don't feint its easy parries for them, but I have encountered a couple people who parry me twice and seem to get revenge. It's like fighting a Shugoki, gotta take it slow and out-turtle them before you can outplay them.

Siegfried-Z
09-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Agree.. Can't wait for the new system to come an reduce use of revenge.

Currently in 4v4 most ppl just sit and wait for revenge... with full revenge build some guys get it so fast even in 1v2 than they can put pressure by wainting for the activation while they still have 4 bar health... I've met few Conq like that many times which cere close to unkillable by doing this ..

Revenge is an insane system i've always been against. It come too fast and the buff it gave is too strong : invincibility + double health + dmg buff for blocking 3 attacks and one CGB is crazy..

IRostiI
09-26-2018, 06:04 PM
I didn't look too much at new perk system.

There will be some build for revenge?
So ubisoft didn't learn anything in more than one year of stupid revenge?

They didn't get yet that some aspect of the game don't have to be touched from anything. Not equip stats, not perk, not feats, not anything. Just think it, improve it with balancing but nothing have to modify it, and revenge is one of this things.

The most balanced and close match i ever played in dominion was during the infernal dominion and guess what? No feats and no equip stats, no 200 feints in a row, no infinite stamina etc etc. Just the hero in the original concept.

This kind of games are difficult to balance itself, for their nature. Every character have his style, his timing, his moves and it's difficult (almost impossible) doing something perfectly balanced, especially if you have to balance it through different mode (team mode, solo mode, etc). Putting equip stats, perk, feats, whatever, make the balancing not only impossible, but just ridiculous and frustrating. That's what we have right now, with ubisoft that try to fight meta, changing meta or reworking hero with tons of feint, ridiculous fast attack and in all this mess turtling is still there and revenge build (for fight the crazy ganking) doesn't fix the ganking and it is an atrocious thing actually, with people that are constantly in revenge.

I mean, more than one year and the feats are still there without any reasonable fix, when it's clear it need to be reworked.

I'm not against perk, build, abilities or whatever, they can be fun, but not like this, and as i repeat, something don't have to be affected by this stuff.

You will see with revenge too. If you will be able to do revenge build, will be a totally broken abused ********.

Sorry for my english.

Illyrian_King
09-26-2018, 07:49 PM
I didn't look too much at new perk system.

There will be some build for revenge?
So ubisoft didn't learn anything in more than one year of stupid revenge?

They didn't get yet that some aspect of the game don't have to be touched from anything. Not equip stats, not perk, not feats, not anything. Just think it, improve it with balancing but nothing have to modify it, and revenge is one of this things.

The most balanced and close match i ever played in dominion was during the infernal dominion and guess what? No feats and no equip stats, no 200 feints in a row, no infinite stamina etc etc. Just the hero in the original concept.

This kind of games are difficult to balance itself, for their nature. Every character have his style, his timing, his moves and it's difficult (almost impossible) doing something perfectly balanced, especially if you have to balance it through different mode (team mode, solo mode, etc). Putting equip stats, perk, feats, whatever, make the balancing not only impossible, but just ridiculous and frustrating. That's what we have right now, with ubisoft that try to fight meta, changing meta or reworking hero with tons of feint, ridiculous fast attack and in all this mess turtling is still there and revenge build (for fight the crazy ganking) doesn't fix the ganking and it is an atrocious thing actually, with people that are constantly in revenge.

I mean, more than one year and the feats are still there without any reasonable fix, when it's clear it need to be reworked.

I'm not against perk, build, abilities or whatever, they can be fun, but not like this, and as i repeat, something don't have to be affected by this stuff.

You will see with revenge too. If you will be able to do revenge build, will be a totally broken abused ********.

Sorry for my english.

Taking away everything like stats, perks or feats is also a bad idea.

I can't even change the kit or anything of my Lawbringer. If there was no modifier, the game would be even more linear and pre-definied.

This is not Leage of Legends or whatever MOBA, this game should have even more adjustable stuff for every Hero.

We don't even have armour, you could tell apart from a whole other set without looking twice. There Heroes are too defined. There is already almost no individualisation.

IRostiI
09-26-2018, 11:33 PM
"This is not random moba" and you have three lane and feats to unlock during the match, with a sort of "ultimate", that look like a... moba's.

Actually this game is an atypical fight game.
No fight game have skill or equip or perk. No dragonball, no street fighter, no mortal combat, injustice, whatever.
Every character is like have to be.

I understand your point and i said that i'm not against perk, build or other stuff. It's fine and can be fun (actually just frustrating and annoying). But they have to rework a lot of stuff (character like lawbringer too) and something don't have to be affected by perk or gear. Revenge is one of this thing.

Bomb spam, catapult, aoe attack,all stuff that are not good/have a bad design in this game.

As i repeat, the most balanced and close fight i had in team mode was in infernal dominion.

yfkutfui
09-27-2018, 04:25 PM
yea its going to be interesting to see how all these Zerk revenge gods cope without the ability of getting revenge every 2 seconds, i mean its comical isn't it? some of them get it in literally 2 seconds and just go on a effing unstoppable rampage and then they re-fill their revenge meter and off they go again, its no wonder every lobby is full of them, its Ez mode.

PureKnight56
10-16-2018, 11:56 PM
Roseguard_CPT You assume they're activating it when you bait it, most people are more smart than that, they'd rather just wait until they take the first hit because there is most likely a second one coming, where I am personally, no one falls for heavy feints and rather just waits until they see it almost hit them or just take the hit because one knock down is less beneficial than being able to make the enemy not dare to attack you so you can throw out all the attacks you want, and for most characters this isn't a huge problem, because a lot of characters don't have terrifying pressure, but zerk has his 300 ms lights, unblockables, warden has should bash, conq has shield bash, raider has a semi decent zone for applying a bit of pressure, but not a ton, valk has her shield bashes, or even orochis if they really abuse the target switching and delaying and lag, every so often you meet one that is really good at that, either way, paired with these, revenge builds and especially the revenge 2nd feat makes them very formidable alone and almost impossible to beat when in 1v1 or 1v2 if they know how to always get their revenge back fast