PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about For Honor Balancing

HazelrahFirefly
09-25-2018, 11:26 PM
https://youtu.be/mLi2KRWsVFA

Couldn't agree more with Illest here. The devs are either pathetic at getting updates out, or it's not something that's being worked. With how poorly FH runs (reminder: ladders are still broken) there should be an update every ****ing week.

DefiledDragon
09-25-2018, 11:57 PM
Well, yeah, the game has issues. However, it's also the only game in town and there's nothing else like it. That kind of monopoly breeds complacency. Competition would spice things up a bit but no other studio has announced anything like FH, so for the moment it's simply a question of live with the issues or stop playing. Given enough time people will choose the latter option. It's a shame.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-26-2018, 12:40 AM
Well, yeah, the game has issues. However, it's also the only game in town and there's nothing else like it. That kind of monopoly breeds complacency. Competition would spice things up a bit but no other studio has announced anything like FH, so for the moment it's simply a question of live with the issues or stop playing. Given enough time people will choose the latter option. It's a shame.
What he said.

SuguruMisato
09-26-2018, 05:24 AM
Wishing for a good game coming out killing For Honor instantly. Devs won't learn a thing, but at least we'll have something GOOD to play.

Brutal_DaDo
09-26-2018, 05:40 AM
Unfortunately thatís how it is, watched the video and couldnít agree more with illest.
As @DefiledDragon said thereís nothin like for honor out there, so we have to stick with what the devs do, weíre not forced to play the game if it makes us so frustrated, but talking for myself, i love and hate this damned game because the concept itís unique, i havenít played any other game since i bought for honor when it came out just to say how much i love it, but then we have to deal with some f**** up crap and devs sometimes not listening at all. Letís see how things will go once marching fire drops

Corentin10111
09-26-2018, 08:12 AM
So true.. Would be nice to reunite the topics somehow: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1935678-Balance-time-vs-other-AAA-games

ChampionRuby50g
09-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Pretty good video, I can agree with pretty much all of what Truth said.

Some things I thought was worth noting is that a few other FH Youtubers such as Infinite are agreeing. Not a good sign for Ubi.

Another is that Gingy, who also uploads videos on FH picked up on Roman saying ďyour hero is strong, you arenít playing him rightĒ and how itís a joke. Another commenter saying the same thing, itís straight up disrespect to players, like myself, who have spent 100s of hours playing Lawbringer. My LB is rep 60 now, and this last 10 reps was such a drag. It wasnít enjoyable, I wanted it over and done with whereas with getting to 50 was enjoyable. Lawbringer desperately needs a rework, he isnít in a great spot right now. with the news that no reworks drop with the next update Iím a little bit annoyed, but can understand why and live with it. But this game needs updates on a monthly basis, weekly even.

SpaceJim12
09-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Well, Ubi should feel that is something wrong when Steam playerbase goes from 200k to 5k for a month.
I still wait for Marching Fire to finally decide go on playing or uninstall game for good.

P.S. This game have weekly updates! Don't forget about battle outfits! =)

Dry.Fish
09-26-2018, 12:41 PM
They should of just added breach and reworked old heroes.

BadwithIds
09-26-2018, 12:55 PM
@spacejim12 Battle outfits?!?! gotta love them!

Klingentaenz3r
09-26-2018, 01:47 PM
I like the vid. I also like the fact that a lot of famous FH youtuber piggyback on that. It's also a bit hypocritical as most of the time of the year all of them were always extremely hyped and positive minded towards anything that Ubisoft has thrown at them (I guess yt business perspective wise this is something you need to do/have in order to maintain your viewerships) while the community as observed in the forum/reddit or ingame were already fed up with Ubisoft's working progress and their way of resonating towards community concerns and instead openly pad their own backs. However, I am nonetheless glad that this video is out there as it puts a lot of things in the right perspective without much sugar coating. Hope it's gonna have an impact to change the game and the devs for the better.

SpaceJim12
09-26-2018, 02:00 PM
@spacejim12 Battle outfits?!?! gotta love them!

I really loved them, actually.
But since it's became simple shapes mixed with shutterstock freebie downloads...no, thanks. Just compared release outfits and something we have in year 2. Huge difference.

Klingentaenz3r
09-26-2018, 02:14 PM
I really loved them, actually.
But since it's became simple shapes mixed with shutterstock freebie downloads...no, thanks. Just compared release outfits and something we have in year 2. Huge difference.

yeah I mean it is just mostly junk in order to be able to say that they always release weekly new content. I remember a stream in which someone else had to host it and was laughed at by Roman and others that he was "so passionate" about the (****ty) effect and the outfits that were released on that day. At the end of the day it is sadly just quantity before quality.

SuguruMisato
09-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Also not gonna buy expansion, to NOT show support for ubi. Just got my steel for Nuxia and that's it. If the game will suck then, I will probably leave it for good.