PDA

View Full Version : *internal screaming intensifies*

PepsiBeastin
09-25-2018, 11:13 PM
https://youtu.be/tH8Gkwhetn4

tbh this just shows the absurd speed difference between the two bashes. Valk moves at like 3m/s and warden launches at 30m/s

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 12:00 AM
Serves you right for playing Shin... oh, hang on.

Was it that much faster? I couldn't tell from the video tbh.

PepsiBeastin
09-26-2018, 12:07 AM
Serves you right for playing Shin... oh, hang on.

Was it that much faster? I couldn't tell from the video tbh.

While the speed is definitely different, the main difference is more important. Valkyrie charges forward, and hits someone in her path. On the other hand, warden charges at his enemy, directly to their position. It's hard to describe, but I feel like this makes the moves leagues different. Like, the actual target of valkyrie's shield bash is a point behind the one you're locked onto, so it registers a hit later? Idk. Either case, a shoulder bash released at that distance would've hit the warden before he had time to feint and dodge.

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 12:45 AM
Yeah, his feint and dodge looked incredibly fast tbh and given that you release your bash just as he charged his I would expect yours to hit before his feint, unless he was planning to feint, dodge and bash from a different direction. In that case, it might just have been unfortunate timing, but yeah, if he had time to react, feint his own bash and dodge it's possibly a tad on the slow side.

Velentix
09-26-2018, 01:50 AM
Wardens sb frustrates me for a number of reasons, first being that its extremely fast from the get go and that it has a range of approximately jupiters circumference. I play valk quite a bit, and when it comes to the bash wardens is simply faster in movement and startup whether its valks shield bash or tackle. She loses in versatility there against warden hands down.

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 02:47 AM
Wardens sb frustrates me for a number of reasons, first being that its extremely fast from the get go and that it has a range of approximately jupiters circumference. I play valk quite a bit, and when it comes to the bash wardens is simply faster in movement and startup whether its valks shield bash or tackle. She loses in versatility there against warden hands down.

Although she can trip you up, along with everybody else in a 3 mile radius. I dread seeing Valk on my team in Dominion because I know I'll be spending most of my time on the floor. What were they thinking? Anyway, I'm sure they'll tune Warden's bash in 6 months or so, maybe.

Velentix
09-26-2018, 04:02 AM
Although she can trip you up, along with everybody else in a 3 mile radius. I dread seeing Valk on my team in Dominion because I know I'll be spending most of my time on the floor. What were they thinking? Anyway, I'm sure they'll tune Warden's bash in 6 months or so, maybe.
Haha 6 months, its like waiting for the next season of rick and morty. I do agree with the dread of seeing valk on your team though. I hardly ever sweep for that reason, unless tripping my teammates will also kill the enemy or if I'm on my teams left. But seeing 2 or more wardens.....ugh.

SuguruMisato
09-26-2018, 05:22 AM
>balance