PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, please hire some forum mods

GayForShugoki
09-24-2018, 11:50 PM
These spambots are driving me nuts. I'm sick of sifting through 20+ posts each day to see new threads.

I'm fighting the spam threads with another spam thread.

ChampionRuby50g
09-25-2018, 02:15 AM
The spam over the last two days has really gone to another level. I haven’t seen it this bad in a while. The mods here do a pretty good job, but it shouldn’t be their job to clean up spam. Ubisoft need to get better at preventing it, instead of deleting it as it comes.

Ubi-Jimothy
09-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Hey folks,

We're doing our best to try and eliminate the spam when we see it, but there are certain times of the day when both myself, and my colleagues over in North America aren't in the office to notice it. Currently we've been working on our automatic counter to spam, which has proven to be a big improvement on what we had a few months ago, but we definitely want to improve it for the future.

GayForShugoki
09-25-2018, 10:13 AM
The spam over the last two days has really gone to another level. I haven’t seen it this bad in a while. The mods here do a pretty good job, but it shouldn’t be their job to clean up spam. Ubisoft need to get better at preventing it, instead of deleting it as it comes.

Hm. I do agree, but you will never fully counter these spambots unless you want to put it in the hands of the community, with a down vote button/spam button that is used solely for spambots. The post is deleted when the counter hits a certain number. It peaks. Sometimes it is good, other times it is horrendous.

Hey folks,

We're doing our best to try and eliminate the spam when we see it, but there are certain times of the day when both myself, and my colleagues over in North America aren't in the office to notice it. Currently we've been working on our automatic counter to spam, which has proven to be a big improvement on what we had a few months ago, but we definitely want to improve it for the future.

Of course, it is an ever-changing thing, having been on multiple forums, member, moderator, administrator alike. Alas, the time zone is the issue at the moment, as that is when they strike. They get the free publicity for anywhere between five to ten hours while you and your colleagues are snoozing.

When I said hire, I simply mind find some willing community members and ask them to help, making them sign a contract stating that if they abuse their position, you will simply terminate their entire account and/or suspend them. It is kind of like what RuneScape did with Player Moderators (in-game) and Forum Moderators. It has not changed much since I was a Player Moderator back in 2013.

The forums look to be using vBulletin, it could also be XenForo… you can never tell these days, which means I know you can set a group and limit what they can do, see, and even have them do it under the table.

If that does not tickle your fancy, have you ever considered making accounts actually own a Ubisoft game before they can post? Any game, it would cut down the spam almost instantly with hardly any effort. It may just cause issues with potential players having no games.

Sovengardian
09-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Get some community members as forum mods, incentivize them with steel or other in-game goodies (which dont actually cost to company anything) and prevent abuse with possible punishments as suggested by @GayForShugoki and just like that, you have all time zone coverage and no more "HE STARTED PLAYING WHEN HE WAS 6" threads

Capoupacap
09-26-2018, 03:33 PM
well just an advice: add arabic typography to your filter, may be there is a clue there :p

PepsiBeastin
09-26-2018, 04:09 PM
I'd be down for being a community mod, I'm on the forum at random hours of the night and I'm sick and tired of all of those spam posts cluttering up the place. If it means anything, I'm a youtube moderator for pewdiepie ;)