PDA

View Full Version : Higher Incentive for Low Activity Game Modes

MegaLazerPunch
09-24-2018, 05:50 PM
Tribute is my absolute favorite game mode. It was the first thing I played when I got the game but after a few unsuccessful tries of joining a match, I eventually went where all the action was and ended up only ever playing Dominion. Later on I wanted a break from Dominion and found it impossible to find a Tribute match after several attempts presumably because there weren't enough players there.

I love the entire game but Tribute was the most fun I think I've had with the game so it's sad I cant play such a fun and creative game mode anymore.

My suggestion as a regular everyday guy to the developers would be to find some way to incentivise players to try these less popular game modes maybe by adding some kind of steel or xp bonus to each match.

My guess as to why the game modes outside of Dominion are not as appealing to players is either because the time investment in a Tribute match is much more but gives relatively the same amount of xp. Another guess would be that a game mode like "capture the point" is much more familiar to most players and something a bit different like Tribute doesn't come as naturally which can be discouraging.

Either way, I think some visible incentive to giving these modes more attention from the player would go along way in evening out the players and possibly reducing matchmaking times.

Thanks!

Roseguard_Cpt
09-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Perhaps instead they could have a "Weekly Playlist" where a certain game mode (other than ranked) gives some extra steel, xp, and or loot when it's that mode's week. This would allow certain modes to gain more players as a lot of people do dominion for the steel gain.

Rhyza.
09-24-2018, 07:14 PM
I'm open to more suggestions for it. Tribute is a fav of mine as well. Been a few days since I've been able to find a match, which is sad. So, anything that'll get more players into it are welcomed.

UbiInsulin
09-24-2018, 07:51 PM
I'll send these ideas for the lower activity modes to the team. Thanks!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-24-2018, 09:17 PM
I dislike Tribute because of how slow you move when you have the tribute. That's why I never play it. Just my two cents why dominion is better. It feels more fast paced.

DefiledDragon
09-24-2018, 10:40 PM
I dislike Tribute because of how slow you move when you have the tribute. That's why I never play it. Just my two cents why dominion is better. It feels more fast paced.

They normalise movement speed across the roster for those carrying the tribute so people who steal your tribute can be caught, even if they're Shinobi.