PDA

View Full Version : Guard fix when

SuguruMisato
09-24-2018, 10:13 AM
title

Ubi-Jimothy
09-24-2018, 10:23 AM
Hey SuguruMisato,

Sorry but I don't understand what you're asking here. If there's a specific problem with guarding, pop a thread into our Technical Support forum and we'll get it looked at.

SuguruMisato
09-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Where is the technical support forum, coz I can only see this for new paid expansion?

Also - 3 patches ago guarding has been completely broken. Reacting to attack as I have normally done since the begginging of the game - the attacks are coming thru, despite PERFECT block...

Siegfried-Z
09-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Hey SuguruMisato,

Sorry but I don't understand what you're asking here. If there's a specific problem with guarding, pop a thread into our Technical Support forum and we'll get it looked at.

Glad need seriously a guard fixing.. on par with others assassins would be nice. His guard is so tight now that you better parry than block most attacks...

Charmzzz
09-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Do you have a Video of that? I rarely experience unregistering blocks for ages (basically since dedicated servers went live). What is your platform, region and latency? What is your opponents latency?

mrmistark
09-24-2018, 07:29 PM
Yeah Iím not sure if itís latency for me (might be cause Iím in Hawaii connecting to people in Cali) but when I play HL against say Orochi, Valk and other light spam potentials, I often experience inability to even block becuase Iím unable to get my guard to an opposite side before I get hit again. Iíll be holding the stick in the direction before they even start the attack on that side and he just kind of stands there if the attacks are fast. Same goes for Shugoki dodge, he doesnít really seem to dodge anything most times. Iím not sure why. Both characters when I play them Iím having these issues but not when I play other heroes. Thatís my only concern and unless they changed it I could swear dodge speeds and guard changes are standardized.

SuguruMisato
09-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Yeah I’m not sure if it’s latency for me (might be cause I’m in Hawaii connecting to people in Cali) but when I play HL against say Orochi, Valk and other light spam potentials, I often experience inability to even block becuase I’m unable to get my guard to an opposite side before I get hit again. I’ll be holding the stick in the direction before they even start the attack on that side and he just kind of stands there if the attacks are fast. Same goes for Shugoki dodge, he doesn’t really seem to dodge anything most times. I’m not sure why. Both characters when I play them I’m having these issues but not when I play other heroes. That’s my only concern and unless they changed it I could swear dodge speeds and guard changes are standardized.

Very much this. I have the exact same experience. My latency on PC has never been above 30, 99% is ~19 and I can't block anything sometimes...

CandleInTheDark
09-25-2018, 12:29 PM
So you've not given much context but assuming you mean September's bigger patch, static guard heroes used to get an instant guardswitch after their first and that was fixed so that same as reflex guard it's 100ms between each switch, might that be part of it?

SuguruMisato
09-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Dunno, might be. Switching side of incoming attacks now are in 9/10 cases unblockable... And when zerg starts his spin, Ican block the first move and get 3 of the rest coming thru... And almost immediately attacks from the opposite direction so I move the guard in thaty way, but the move still hits me... So I call it completely broken...

SuguruMisato
09-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Yeah, just happened to me again. Zerg was just ****ing me up with his spin and I was holding left side as his spin is coming from left and attacks were coming thru for no reason (not final attacks that would plunge thru my low hp)... So GG Ubi...

dreadnauta
09-25-2018, 08:22 PM
I can confirm that there is something really wrong with HL's guard. Especially playing against fast opponents like Orochi. Even if i have my guard on his attack, the attack just goes right trough. I have over 60 fps everything is on LOW and my latency is around 30. Playing as a warden i have instant guards and parries, there are even moments where the parry and block animations don't even play and i still block them. I have no idea if it's because HL is an extremely SLOOOOOOOW character or if he is a bit broken.

SuguruMisato
09-25-2018, 08:58 PM
I'm playing on 144Hz and got my fps unlocked, so their jumping up to 144. Would be a good option to limit ingame FPS to 60, but that's a dream not coming thru... Zerg attacks are sometimes not showing at all, I'm just getting the damage and the swing animation, but no indication or anything...

DefiledDragon
09-25-2018, 09:10 PM
I'm playing on 144Hz and got my fps unlocked, so their jumping up to 144. Would be a good option to limit ingame FPS to 60, but that's a dream not coming thru... Zerg attacks are sometimes not showing at all, I'm just getting the damage and the swing animation, but no indication or anything...

Do you use an nVidia card? In the nVidia control panel you can set your vsync to adaptive (half refresh rate) and it will cap your FPS at half your monitors refresh rate, thus 72 for a 144hz display. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

SuguruMisato
10-02-2018, 04:38 AM
bump

when

also fix the ******* login already for forums. I have to login everyday to this trashy login even if I click on remember me... what is this? 2005?

D3dicatedSrv3rz
10-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Just normalize everything in the game until it operates as playing the same character with different animations. Best hope of this game ever achieving balance