PDA

View Full Version : The ingame community is dead

Rhyza.
09-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Why even have a chat feature, when the only use it's ever put too, is salt? If it isn't salt, it's quite like the grave. Been playing a month, and I've had a a dozen, give or take, fun filled chats. What is the stigma from a friendly chat session? It's a great way of relieving frustrations during a match. Tell a joke, compliment an outfit, question a skill, something! Instead of this stale environment where all that matters is the next gank session.

Tr1L
09-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Yes not a lot going on in chat in game. Not even on PC. Most people playing with controllers probably.

MrB3NX
09-24-2018, 11:46 AM
that's up to the players , they don't seem to like chatting during fights unless they are dead in elimination

for me a voice chat with my friends is good enough .

The_B0G_
09-24-2018, 01:45 PM
They gutted team chat altogether on console, there is zero communication between teammates since dedicated servers got rid of game chat. It's hard to meet new people to play with, all the people I still play with in For Honor I met in game chat before dedicated servers.

Now it's just, "group up!" and zone pings. Which makes the game even more difficult to play solo queued.

MrBeave
09-24-2018, 04:10 PM
Yes not a lot going on in chat in game. Not even on PC. Most people playing with controllers probably.

I am a PS4 noob and I have no idea how to chat except for the quick links. Still learning the game though so I am concentrating too much on gameplay to talk. I also find I don't look much at the chat box. Again though, that's probably because I am just so focused on the game play at this point

yfkutfui
09-24-2018, 09:42 PM
team chat imply's you have a team, not just 4 random people running around doing their own thing, invariable rage quitting when things arent going their way.

it got used more by the opposition to wow thanks thanks thanks you after they gank you and dance over your digital corpse, i,m glad that you can now turn it off.