PDA

View Full Version : The Reason I'm Quitting

Thunderstar7
09-24-2018, 12:37 AM
The light spam and counter GB timing.

Yes, I understand the devs want the game to be 'faster', but the decision to not balance console and PC separately has made it impossible for me to enjoy the game. The 400ms attacks are unreactable, and every single Orochi and Aramusha I encounter abuse that. I just played 6 brawl matches in a row, where the only reason I died was an Aramusha using only lights in the Tempest chain, or an Orochi spamming lights from random directions. Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console, and decides to balance the platform separately from PC, I'm done. I've been playing since January, and with every update that increased attack speeds I've had less and less fun. I want to have fun while playing, but I can't with all the light spam.

vsOroParryOnly
09-24-2018, 07:14 AM

Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console

the player base just went up 5x when they release the free version on PC, no dear minority...

SuguruMisato
09-24-2018, 10:07 AM
Increasing light spam and breaking guard completely. GG UBISOFT. GREAT GAME 5/7

UbiInsulin
09-24-2018, 04:30 PM

Yes, I understand the devs want the game to be 'faster', but the decision to not balance console and PC separately has made it impossible for me to enjoy the game. The 400ms attacks are unreactable, and every single Orochi and Aramusha I encounter abuse that. I just played 6 brawl matches in a row, where the only reason I died was an Aramusha using only lights in the Tempest chain, or an Orochi spamming lights from random directions. Until Ubisoft acknowledges the fact the MAJORITY of their player base is on console, and decides to balance the platform separately from PC, I'm done. I've been playing since January, and with every update that increased attack speeds I've had less and less fun. I want to have fun while playing, but I can't with all the light spam.

We've let the team know that some console players are expressing this sentiment, especially when it comes to light spam. Glad to have had you on-board since January - but games are all about fun, so please do what's best for yourself. :)

Baturai
09-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Make Orochi C Tier Again B+ is too much for a cool Hero.

Erhanninja
09-25-2018, 12:03 AM
People downloading the game doesn’t mean they play it. They just add it to their library since it’s free.

Every time I See FH becoming free on some deal websites. Everybody keeps saying “I didn’t enjoy it” or “it’s not for me”

I completely agree with above.

Also I’m adding broken revenge system and not having single pick being abused. Of course no balance.

mrmistark
09-25-2018, 10:18 AM
We've let the team know that some console players are expressing this sentiment, especially when it comes to light spam. Glad to have had you on-board since January - but games are all about fun, so please do what's best for yourself. :)

Wow this is actually one of the nicest and most genuine posts from a dev I have seen. Good for you Ubilnsulin. That leads me into my reasoning I wanted to share of why I took a season long break.

After I came back and played, I had so much fun for the first few days. I thought, why did I ever leave again? Then I played a team of 3 orochi and a berseker and I remembered.

For me, the light spam was really frustrating along with some of the cheesier. You know what though? I could handle it. It was frustrating but everything in the game has a way around it you know? I just thought, alright, it sucks but fighting this will make me even that much more better when I get the muscle memory down of how to counter it. It was the TOXIC way people handled themselves about every single situation that really made me angry and discouraged every time I played the game.

In the scenario that I want to speak about that brought back the momories, I got literally light spammed playing highlander by 3 orochis after being hit with a Kunai. “Well that sucked. I couldn’t even change guard fast enough and that dang feat needs to be toned down. Let me stick with a teammate, I bet together we can get them next time”. And then it happened as they stood over my executes body. All 3 just emote spamming and spamming “thanks” in chat after getting their first kill of the game. (To clarify, this is on console)

Just the childness and the lengths these people go just to try and piss people off is SO far beyond any other game it’s crazy. I love the game. It’s a real shame. I’ve ran into quite a few real gems of players who have respect and are genuinely super fun and challenging to play against but these people who just want to ruin everyone else’s experience on purpose by being cheesy and rude suck the enjoyment right out of this game.

A more zen player would say “they can’t make you mad unless you let them” but I’m a very chill guy, and this game...when I play it in the morning before work, I realized it subconsciously brings out the worst in me the rest of the day because the pent up anger at the constant disrespect and to top it off usually from players that I know for a fact couldn’t even beat me in a 1v1 without their gang of friends.

I love the game so I probably will never fully quit, but man I need to take it small doses at a time for the most part.

Additional note: I also pride myself on NEVER acting like this as I find it very rude. The fact that they do this to me as a player that tries to give as much respect to other players as possible, it’s even more frustrating as I’m never throwing around salt on the game and try to never purposely get others to feel salty either. I’m not saying this trying to be all up on a high horse, but more to explain that they do these things for no reason other than to simply troll and be rude.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-25-2018, 03:30 PM
I played very little this weekend and am winging myself off the game. I like watching people play but I am just sooo tired of light spam and unreactables. It's really not a game of skill anymore but dumb luck. It's suppose to be a complicated game of rock paper scissors, but it's all just ✂ ✂ ✂...because ✂ beats everything. Ubisoft needs to fix their game mechanics.

frewbear
09-25-2018, 04:12 PM
For Honor will never be good again, its too far gone and the Devs are too out of touch. It had an okay run at the beginning. Marching Fire will briefly boost the playerbase but the **** mechanics, cheese abuse and lightspam will compound hard when the new heroes come out. If you think it's bad now, it is about to get even more enraging. It's tolerable if you just play until the first ******** game you get, then shut it off for the day and try again another day. You aren't missing anything anyway.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-25-2018, 06:02 PM
Light spam (400ms attacks) are an issue on PC as well. Same thing with 50/50s. Less spam and unreactables, more skill would be the way forward.

DefiledDragon
09-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Light spam (400ms attacks) are an issue on PC as well. Same thing with 50/50s. Less spam and unreactables, more skill would be the way forward.

But how do they accomplish this within the current mechanics of the game?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Segregation of characters into game modes. Light spam can only fight light spam. Not that I believe this would ever be done but it's a way.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-26-2018, 02:51 PM
But what about groups?
"Light spam can only fight light spam"
Say my friend chooses Orochi, do I then have to pick an assassin instead of Warlord?
It's not always as simple as "Segregation" of characters.

wethebishop
09-26-2018, 05:14 PM
I'm fine against arumusha because I know his patterns and what they look like, but the valkyrie, berserker, and orochi lights feel very hard to defend against. The thing is that anyone can pick up the controller for the first time and start spamming these.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-26-2018, 10:04 PM
But what about groups?
"Light spam can only fight light spam"
Say my friend chooses Orochi, do I then have to pick an assassin instead of Warlord?
It's not always as simple as "Segregation" of characters.
No you could play warlord in spam dominion but in none spam dominion the option to play orochi would not be there.

tehemperorer
09-26-2018, 10:05 PM
They know already, what does this statement mean?

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 10:14 PM
By segregation I mean separating game modes. Like light spam dominion and a dominion without light spammers. Meaning that if you play none spam dominion you don't even have the option to choose any character that light spams.

Light spam is the future. Excerpts from the state of balance (season 6).

"as we saw that this 100ms difference meant that the fastest attacks, that we want to be unreactable, where now reactable."

"In presenting our data here, we want players to understand that “light spam”, while annoying, doesn’t actually yield overpowered characters. Learning to combat such offense is an important step for a player to improve their For Honor skillset. As our intention is to keep pushing 1v1 combat into a meta in which offense is more viable, it’s important that the community understand where we stand on this topic."

Devils-_-legacy
09-26-2018, 10:20 PM
You missed the other half of the explanation

An issue we read about from non-top tier players is that they talk about a “light spam”, or an “assassin meta”. This has been a difficulty to approach balancing-wise for us, since these complaints often drown out the evidence of how weak “light spam” is at the top level of play. When we look at the dataset above, we see Shaman is the only Assassin in the top half of the Win Rate, and Shaman isn’t famous for her “light spam” at any level of play.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Light spam is the future. Excerpts from the state of balance (season 6).

"as we saw that this 100ms difference meant that the fastest attacks, that we want to be unreactable, where now reactable."

"In presenting our data here, we want players to understand that “light spam”, while annoying, doesn’t actually yield overpowered characters. Learning to combat such offense is an important step for a player to improve their For Honor skillset. As our intention is to keep pushing 1v1 combat into a meta in which offense is more viable, it’s important that the community understand where we stand on this topic."

I rewrote what I said to give a clearer answer to the persons question.

With the state of balance it's sad that this is their stance. Reaction time isn't an acquired skill necessarily. For honor is like trying to build a game around the top 5 % of call of duty quick scopers comparatively....it makes no sense.

DefiledDragon
09-26-2018, 11:20 PM
I rewrote what I said to give a clearer answer to the persons question.

With the state of balance it's sad that this is their stance. Reaction time isn't an acquired skill necessarily. For honor is like trying to build a game around the top 5 % of call of duty quick scopers comparatively....it makes no sense.

Well they take their data from the top tier so it does appear to be a game targeted towards competitive standard players, but having said that I play on PC and light spam really isn't the issue it appears to be on console. I'm no competitive standard player by any means. I used to be up until my late 30's but I'm 50 this year and my reactions, while not terrible, are not what they were and yet I can block (and often parry) light attacks with decent consistency. I'm not sure what platform the devs play the game on (if they do play, that is) but it could be that they balance for PC, or at least for a PC like experience (low lag display, wired controllers).

What I was more concerned about in the state of balance matrix was the fact that they appear to rely solely on overall winrates for an indicator of balance while ignoring the disparity between characters. Example, Shinobi's overall winrate is at 50%. The "sweet spot" according to the devs. However, vs Kensei his winrate was something like 33% yet vs Warlord it was something like 66%. There were similar gaps for the other characters. They don't seem to be concerned with players having a fairly even matchup regardless of pick and they seem to be happy with characters having clear and significant disadvantages against certain other characters while having clear and significant advantages over others as long as it evens out overall. That's a piss poor way to balance a roster.

tehemperorer
09-26-2018, 11:24 PM
They don't have a clue how to balance a fighting game... I've said it before and I'll say it again--these guys aren't fighting game guys

YuBiShiGouShi
09-27-2018, 05:42 AM
They don't have a clue how to balance a fighting game... I've said it before and I'll say it again--these guys aren't fighting game guys

They should make the next installment of Viva Pinata. The game has been out for 1 year and 6 months and they haven't done anything for the turtle meta. I get in more 1v2+ fights and they 2+ players just stand there waiting and waiting so they can do a dodge attack or parry. The fact it's more rewarding to be a coward in this game than it is to actually fight is why this game failed in the eyes of so many players. Yes they have fixed the connections issues(mostly) but they haven't addressed the balancing issues. The 3 new heroes coming will only reinforce the defensive meta. It's all there was on the beta for the new expansion. I'm willing to bet that the only reason the remaining players that play this game only play because there's nothing better to play. I'd start a poll on that last statement but I know the Mods of this forum would remove it.