PDA

View Full Version : Balance time vs other AAA games

Buggy.Blaster
09-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Do other AAA games take this long to balance their characters? How much data and complaining does UBI need before getting any results on the CONC nerf? The zerker never got nerfed so why should we expect the conc to?

Im thinking that their plan is to not listen to us and then when marching fire comes out the new heroes will be so op that people will start complaining about them and then we will forget about the conc. Kinda same thing happened with the zerker once the conc was more op. If this is the case were in for a real treat broken game experience. I really hope UBI will listen to us and do more balancing. Small weekly tweaks would be so nice. Hire a team just for this, there is a team for new outfits but not for balance?? If the new heroes come out and one or two of them are broken then were going to have so many broken heroes. Conc,zerker,warden a bit..plus the new heroes.. :/ 4 or more broken characters will just break the game for me and ill not play until its balanced.(prob never at this rate) Currently i just have to accept my auto loss vs the conc and zerker but if we keep adding to the count the game will be cancer.

YuBiShiGouShi
09-24-2018, 08:34 AM
They mostly balance the game for 1v1 and not 4v4. Which I find funny because a major of the player base plays 4v4 on all platforms...Seems logical.

Corentin10111
09-24-2018, 08:59 AM
Yep i agree, two days ago i had an epiphany and understood what is the problem: The dev team and the players have two different visions and directions for For Honor.
(When i say "the community wants" i talk about what i thing the majority wishes for)
-The community wants a balanced and skill based game (every hero in A tier) when the devs want some kind of accessible rock paper cissors gameplay (every hero in S tier). And the perks will decrease the skill dimention.
-The community wants to keep a certain level of realism when the devs don't have a problem with bringing some "magic" (teleportation for exemple).

The priorities are not the same for us and for them as well:
-The community want balance before everything when the devs want to do their own things (i'm not saying those things are bad but almost nobody asked for dialogues, facial expressions, perk system or weekly content).
-Cheaters and AFK farmers are still here after being reported many times, but the dev team prefers to find funny memes for the warrior's den than fixing this too. Priorities you know..

Those exemples just illustrate the situation. To me the problem is that we don't want the same game as them..

Specialkha
09-24-2018, 11:06 AM
They mostly balance the game for 1v1 and not 4v4. Which I find funny because a major of the player base plays 4v4 on all platforms...Seems logical.

The game is even far from balanced in 1v1. Some hero are straight up better than other in 1v1.

Kliftheone
09-24-2018, 12:40 PM
There are so many problems, but it comes down to the players wanting a good game within a reasonable time frame, while Ubi wants to earn money and balance over time if they still feel they get enough money off it. That is why we get these "big" updates because they bring in a lot of money for Ubisoft. It costs a lot and takes a lot of resources to make balance changes frequently even though they could do it easily weekly by just tweaking numbers and having as they say 2-3 major "code" patches a season. Instead, we see some code changes (not much tbh at least in terms of game balance) and mostly we get numbers tweaking on the big coding patches instead of doing it on the go.

This game is just barely starting to resemble the game that was promised on launch, I mean it took almost a year if not a year before we got semi-stable matches. Still, we have matches that are giving an advantage to players with lag, and with the few servers the lag because a common and more frequent encounter than acceptable connection speed. I could go on about this, but it will not help since the dev team can not hold the player base at a constant high level throughout a season. And this is again due to their poor market policy.

They do as you say, make new things in hopes that you forget about all the things they promised to fix which will get a bad fix in 6-18 months. We were promised ranked modes in the start of the game, with the premiss that they wanted to do some small balancing first (this was prior to release of the game and during S1). The game got 1v1 ranked (beta still over 1.5 years later), 2v2 ranked has yet to come. 4v4 ranked was so poorly designed and executed that it failed all 3 attempted executions of it, in the end, they removed it and we are left with a broken 1v1 ranked system and no 2v2/4v4 ranked.

The game was supposed to be balanced around 4v4 but also make most heroes viable in 1v1. The idea was good, the execution was/is/will be ****. They made 1v1 toxic sad and limited to a few heroes with 1 broken feature. 4v4 is reliant on who can "unlock" the best and who has the most contradicting and general horrible designed CC. To fix this they nerf the heroes that helped the brokeness resulting in having the same amount of viable heroes, just different ones.

I`ve played this game since beta, I love the idea of it, just as I get better myself at it and the direction Ubi is taking the game, especially for console and EU the game just gets worse and worse. For me now the game is pretty much dead, even on a console I can barely find anything els but dominion and 1v1, and even then I get queues up to 5 min in peak hours. The marching fire "DLC" follows the same Ubi policy as we`ve seen this year, make a big release and hope this will make a lot of revenue and keep the game alive until next season where you can get a new temporary influx of people to earn money. The game gets a new game mode to replace the dead game mode instead of fixing those we have or focusing on ranked. The game gets new heroes instead of fixing the existing ones. I mean there's a lot of heroes that still needs a rework, and almost every hero needs a tweak, but instead we get prob 1-2 heroes with tweaks and 4 new heroes that probably needs at a lot of tweaks as well.

Personally, I hope Ubi realizes this before other major companies steals their concept and actually making it good and not just a good idea as it currently is. I love the theme and the concept, I hate the execution.

Corentin10111
09-24-2018, 01:25 PM
Wow, here is Kliftheone dropping red pills!

CptMatsumaru
09-25-2018, 12:42 PM
look "making of`s.

Look here. Every hero who needs to be adjusted must be re-imagined in real life. Movements can not be changed so easily.
Here is a video of the emergence of a hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fapStw3Bks

Corentin10111
09-25-2018, 01:30 PM
look "making of`s.

Look here. Every hero who needs to be adjusted must be re-imagined in real life. Movements can not be changed so easily.
Here is a video of the emergence of a hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fapStw3Bks

They are making executions from scratch here. So no, except if they make brand new moves, they can just slow down or speed up moves without re-mocaping it.

Vordred
09-25-2018, 01:35 PM

yeah, this has always been an issue for me, in the attempt to balance 1v1 and turtle meta we got a ton of unlockables and cc, all of which are toxic as hell in 4v4.
and it's an odd choice as 4v4 is the most played mode, its same as the other console vs pc thing, where it's balanced for one leaving the other in a poor place.

i will admit to being slightly biased myself as i don't play 1on1 at all really, i don't see the point, i can still have 1on1 fight in a 4v4 game, and if i did want to only do one on one, i would play a fighting game like soul caliber (and i do)

CptMatsumaru
09-25-2018, 02:13 PM
They are making executions from scratch here. So no, except if they make brand new moves, they can just slow down or speed up moves without re-mocaping it.

When heroes are reworked like Kensei, they get new moves the same way.