PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator So Annoying!

Chobbsy99
09-23-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm not saying the gladiator is broken he's not but his moveset is so... safe. I don't feel any of his moves are sufficiently punishable. The warden's sb, for example, is powerful, but a correct prediction/reaction allows a punish of some sort, generally a guard break. Same with cent's kick, conq's shield bash (in theory!) and aramusha's entire moveset.

His zone is ridiculous. As long as he has sufficient stamina, there is no chance of a guard break, parry or even a light attack as a missed bash leads to a feinted attack. His toestab is lightning fast and is very annoying to deal with.

Anyone have any tips on how to consistently beat him? Or even just how to ledge him without getting light attacked.

Velentix
09-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Distance. Keep a good distance from him if possible, obviously if you play WL you'll have to focus really good reaction time. Chars that can deflect are a good choice against him I think, or at least I've never had to many problems deflecting against him.

Mainly id say spend 10-20 min in practice mode with his hard to react moves, and experiment with what works and what not to do. Although if you play on console good luck with his toe stab is all I can say. As far as his toe stab is concerned though just keep a bit of distance and if you dodge/he misses I think that gives you a free gb, though I may be wrong.

Goat_of_Vermund
09-24-2018, 07:14 AM
The trick is not reacting, but predicting. You always get some sort of damage if you guess right, none of his moves are unpunishable (maybe except the zone, but I think an early dodge yields a guardbreak/parry if you guess right). The tactic that will always be insufficent against him is turtling, try to be more aggressive, his offense breaks any defense, but his defense is among the worst. Just try to figure out what happens next, that will result in short, dynamic fights in favor for who has more good reads.

DrinkinMyStella
09-24-2018, 09:30 AM
against a gladiator I tend to play more aggressive using dodge attacks as a counter, in my experience gladiators play super aggressive so I play the same way back and it usually throws them off balance.

Siegfried-Z
09-24-2018, 10:13 AM
I'm not saying the gladiator is broken – he's not – but his moveset is so... safe. I don't feel any of his moves are sufficiently punishable. The warden's sb, for example, is powerful, but a correct prediction/reaction allows a punish of some sort, generally a guard break. Same with cent's kick, conq's shield bash (in theory!) and aramusha's entire moveset.

His zone is ridiculous. As long as he has sufficient stamina, there is no chance of a guard break, parry or even a light attack as a missed bash leads to a feinted attack. His toestab is lightning fast and is very annoying to deal with.

Anyone have any tips on how to consistently beat him? Or even just how to ledge him without getting light attacked.

Well first Glad is probably at the bottom of the win matrix currently as only Valk and Roch was worst in S5 and both get a rework since.

If you think Warden SB is easier to punish than Glad attacks then we don't have the same experience of the game.. a good Warden can use his SB without beeing ever punished or close to.

Glad has many risky mooves, fisrt you can punish him for landing too many dash attacks with light parry.

As Drinkin say, you have to be aggressive as Glad is very weak in terms of defense because of his Guard (shortest of the whole game).

And his toe stab is a very risky moove. On my side i don't have any problem to dodge it on reaction and i am on Console.. so the toe stab is a 10 dmg moove which is nothing but if yiu dodge it you can GB him which is a pretty strong punish for a 10 dmg attempt.

And while he is good against some static char in Duel, he is weak against so many char : PK, Zerk, Valk, Sham, Kensei, ROch, Musha, Shinobi... They are all very stong counters to Glad.

He is weak in 4v4 due to his poor Guard and DPS too and give a lot of revenge with his Bash (punch, zone, stab etc)

VeniVidiViciBra
09-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Play super aggressive. They have the worst reflex guard in the game it seems.