PDA

View Full Version : Is there re works coming in the new season.

Scrubnubloard
09-23-2018, 07:31 PM
I honestly dont know.

Tr1L
09-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Reworks should be the priority. Instead we will just get emotes, effects, outfits. and a new set of broken characters spamming unblockables

Ubi-Jimothy
09-24-2018, 09:14 AM
Hey Scrubnubloard,

Nope, there are no reworks scheduled to be arriving with Marching Fire. That's not to say that there won't be more in the future though, as the balance of the original cast is something we're always looking at.

DrinkinMehStella
09-24-2018, 09:24 AM
so shug, Lbro, and Nobu are absolutely fine and are on the same level as the others? c'mon ubi I thought a rework was happening every season until everyone is at the same level.

Ubi-Jimothy
09-24-2018, 09:33 AM
so shug, Lbro, and Nobu are absolutely fine and are on the same level as the others? c'mon ubi I thought a rework was happening every season until everyone is at the same level.

I never said that we consider certain characters to be fine or not, as mentioned above, it's something we're always looking at and could happen in the future. It was also never confirmed that reworks will be happening every season.

I understand that balance is an important topic, and we're forwarding all of your feedback as to what you think about specific characters or moves. When I have more concrete information to share with you, I will :)

Illyrian_King
09-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Eventhough i hoped for a Lawbringer Rework this time, i am also okay with a "no" this time.

There have been put so many ressorces into Marching Fire, that any potential rework might come short.

Most likely there won't be any Rework 2.0
Better Lawbro gets a good and intensive treatment.

PepsiBeastin
09-24-2018, 03:37 PM
For some reason it was decided that new "content" is more important than making the already available content more enjoyable. I feel like a large majority of the playerbase would rather have the available cast brought to the same level rather than getting new game modes and characters.

In my opinion, new characters shouldn't even be added until the old ones all have the same viability in their respective ways. It's much more important for the long term health of the game, rather than spending months working on a game mode that's going to split the player base even more and increase matchmaking times.

Regardless of which character you pick and who you're fighting against, you should be able to say "this is going to be a fun matchup" rather than "oh f*** this is going to be annoying". Of course you can make certain characters intentionally be annoying and harassers as part of their kit, but it shouldn't be on the level that ruins the experience for others fighting said characters out of sheer frustration. I agree that characters should be naturally strong, and weak, against certain others, but this shouldn't be skewed either way. One character shouldn't have the advantage over more others than it has a disadvantage to.

While I hope that this is the direction the game will eventually head, I don't see it happening within a season or two. It seems that the only way to get characters changed at the moment is for the community to make a large enough uproar, and even then it turns into a overtuning to be later balanced out half a year or more later, rather than being open with the community and getting feedback before things are fully implemented. I'm pretty sure in a warriors den Roman said "We'd rather have changes be too strong, so we can pull them back a bit later rather than having them be too weak" or something along those lines. This "later" ends up being months of community frustration that could have been avoided with more community communication and testing. I don't understand why the devs are so secretive with the changes they make.

Corentin10111
09-24-2018, 06:46 PM
It is real shame that a big studio like ubi doesn't fix the problems that are here for more than a year..
I completly agree with PepsiBeastin.
Guys come take part of this thread, it is similar but more general: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1935678-Balance-time-vs-other-AAA-games

Illyrian_King
09-24-2018, 07:00 PM
For some reason it was decided that new "content" is more important than making the already available content more enjoyable. I feel like a large majority of the playerbase would rather have the available cast brought to the same level rather than getting new game modes and characters.

In my opinion, new characters shouldn't even be added until the old ones all have the same viability in their respective ways. It's much more important for the long term health of the game, rather than spending months working on a game mode that's going to split the player base even more and increase matchmaking times.

Regardless of which character you pick and who you're fighting against, you should be able to say "this is going to be a fun matchup" rather than "oh f*** this is going to be annoying". Of course you can make certain characters intentionally be annoying and harassers as part of their kit, but it shouldn't be on the level that ruins the experience for others fighting said characters out of sheer frustration. I agree that characters should be naturally strong, and weak, against certain others, but this shouldn't be skewed either way. One character shouldn't have the advantage over more others than it has a disadvantage to.

While I hope that this is the direction the game will eventually head, I don't see it happening within a season or two. It seems that the only way to get characters changed at the moment is for the community to make a large enough uproar, and even then it turns into a overtuning to be later balanced out half a year or more later, rather than being open with the community and getting feedback before things are fully implemented. I'm pretty sure in a warriors den Roman said "We'd rather have changes be too strong, so we can pull them back a bit later rather than having them be too weak" or something along those lines. This "later" ends up being months of community frustration that could have been avoided with more community communication and testing. I don't understand why the devs are so secretive with the changes they make.

Well not really ... during Season 5-7 was the period, where I played the least amount of time. We got Reworks, Dedicated Servers and other quality improvments ... but there was almost no new content.

I guess Season 8 will be my highlight season, because there is so much new stuff and especially Breach. Btw I play almost only Lawbro ... the left behind guy. I still prefere new content.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Y'all are as ungrateful as they come. Ubi has supported this game like no other, they are dropping the gammode everyone wants and yet people still find room to complain.

DefiledDragon
09-24-2018, 08:52 PM
Y'all are as ungrateful as they come. Ubi has supported this game like no other, they are dropping the gammode everyone wants and yet people still find room to complain.

Well, yeah. 18 months past release and the roster is still a mess as far as balance is concerned. It needs sorting out. New game modes are nice and all, but what's the point even playing the game when you have broken characters that require little to no skill to cheese people to death?

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Well, yeah. 18 months past release and the roster is still a mess as far as balance is concerned. It needs sorting out. New game modes are nice and all, but what's the point even playing the game when you have broken characters that require little to no skill to cheese people to death?

No matter how balanced your opinions may make whichever characters you refer to it will never be truly balanced. Characters will always have advantages over others. That is the nature of fighting games. Also I dont mean to say stop balancing them, but for this update I think people need to chill. Theyve listened, that much we can agree to. But this game was in and still is in need of a population boost. Updates to existing characters wont do that.

Giving the game away for free and new content will.

DefiledDragon
09-24-2018, 10:43 PM
No matter how balanced your opinions may make whichever characters you refer to it will never be truly balanced. Characters will always have advantages over others. That is the nature of fighting games. Also I dont mean to say stop balancing them, but for this update I think people need to chill. Theyve listened, that much we can agree to. But this game was in and still is in need of a population boost. Updates to existing characters wont do that.

Giving the game away for free and new content will.

Well I can't speak for others and I've not been around since the beginning, even though I owned the game from launch I got it free with a gfx card and didn't care for it overly much at the time. but there are people who've stuck with the game since day 1 and have been very patient when it comes to waiting for balance changes, so I can fully understand their frustrations at the release of an entire new game mode, new maps, a new faction with 4 new characters while leaving the roster in the state that it's in.

GayForShugoki
09-24-2018, 11:47 PM
I don't mind Shuggy being D-tier, same with Aramusha and Nobushi, but Warden and Conqueror need to be gutted. They're actually anti-fun.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Well I can't speak for others and I've not been around since the beginning, even though I owned the game from launch I got it free with a gfx card and didn't care for it overly much at the time. but there are people who've stuck with the game since day 1 and have been very patient when it comes to waiting for balance changes, so I can fully understand their frustrations at the release of an entire new game mode, new maps, a new faction with 4 new characters while leaving the roster in the state that it's in.

Ive been here since day 1. I dont mind this update to have no reworks. This game needed and needs new life. Giving it for free and new content does that. Thats a fact. Reworks will not. The roster is not in shambles. If it really was people wouldnt play. And everyone wouldve abandoned this game. But yet here we are. Reworks are needed but not as bad as before, because they've done more than a few already. The roster is not that bad, I feel you are exaggerating.

bannex19
09-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Ive been here since day 1. I dont mind this update to have no reworks. This game needed and needs new life. Giving it for free and new content does that. Thats a fact. Reworks will not. The roster is not in shambles. If it really was people wouldnt play. And everyone wouldve abandoned this game. But yet here we are. Reworks are needed but not as bad as before, because they've done more than a few already. The roster is not that bad, I feel you are exaggerating.

I agree. Funny thing is if you take a quick survey of the forums you'll see "nerf xyz!!!" For almost every character on the roster, even shugo. Most characters have cheap mechanics that can make a person rage but I'd say the balance is pretty good overall when you consider how well they've kept each hero feel unique.

DefiledDragon
09-25-2018, 08:56 PM

New content will bring in new players, no doubt. Solid mechanics and decent balance will make them stay.

Scrubnubloard
09-26-2018, 12:41 AM
So I've been playing this game since the closed alpha. I have way to much time in this game and I have most of that with the lb. When this game first game out and till around season 3 or 4ish they were putting in updates almost 1-3 times a season. Slight tweaks to heroes speed or dmg. Things that will make heros more balanced. Since they started doing reworks I've noticed that they do almost all the "tweaks" at the start if the new season with only specific heros, the one or two that they say are worthy of a rework (like the warden or pk you know the ones that need them). With small things within the first month like fixing bugs that come with the new heros abilities I understand reworks take time to change how a move looks and works. But from the looks of it they are saving all the fixes and updates for the start of a new season in some sort of attempt to build hype for the new season.