PDA

View Full Version : A pacth note that we will never see

Elhantas
09-23-2018, 05:57 PM
- Lowered the speed of every zone attack faster than 500ms to 650ms.

- Fixed attacks that are faster than 400ms to 450ms.

- Fixed a bug that made '!' marks on pieces of gear that are no longer there.

- Added a new feature: "Spectator mode". You can now spectate your friends!

- Added recovery time to attacks that did not have them(ex: Conqueror's shield bash)

- Decreased invulnerability time of kensei's dodge attack.

- Removed the ability to faint Highlanders kick.

- Gave Aramusha the ability to soft faint his chain finisher into Guard stance.

- Increased the speed of several attacks for Warlord/Nobushi/Shugoki

- Fixed a bug that prevented a character to respond to controls during matches.

- Fixed a bug where the console button would stop working for the duration of the play-session.

- Changed the keyboard keybindings to be appropriate for gameplay. (Ex: Guard break is now 'Q' instead of middle mouse button)

- Removed Ranked Duel-tournament mode and replaced it with Ranked Duels.

- Fixed 'unlock-tech' for several characters.

- Fixed Rain effect for in game battlegrounds so that it will no longer effect Frames Per Second on lower end computers.

- Removed repeated items that had spikes attached to them and replaced them with visualy new sets.

- Added the ability to bring 4 emotes into gameplay increased from 2.

Chobbsy99
09-23-2018, 07:40 PM
I've got that gear glitch on my aramusha. Does it eventually go away?

Love most of these suggestions – I do, however, quite enjoy tournament mode and I'm fine with it occurring every weekend. They just gotta fix the annoying disconnection glitches. Ranked brawl would be amazing though.

400ms attacks have to go on console. 450 would be a welcome improvement. On PC it would probably cause too much turtling tho. If Ubisoft can successfully run a 60+fps experience on pc and 30fps on console they can also change light attack speeds if they wanted to. Any kind of 'we can't do that because of hardware/coding/xbox' excuses are just excuses.

Pleased with zone attack changes, just not on aramusha. Please. He sucks enough already.

Al3thia
09-23-2018, 07:50 PM
you can bind your GB to whatever you want, i have it on thumb button on mouse.

Elhantas
09-23-2018, 08:19 PM
you can bind your GB to whatever you want, i have it on thumb button on mouse.

Yes, you can, and many do. That's the point. A button so out of place that people need to manualy change it to where it should be is not ok. Mistakes like these shows a lack of design, proper research before decisions are finalized.

Goat_of_Vermund
09-24-2018, 07:27 AM
Well, you can just remove zone attacks, 650ms is a free parry. There is a reason we never see lawbringer zones.

Tr1L
09-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Yeah. with 1000`s of other needed fixes we will probably never see.
The GB button is perfect with mouse wheel. You get real fast on it playing as Raider main. Its all Raider can do at this point.

Ubi-Jimothy
09-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Sorry but what's the intention of this thread? If you want to leave us feedback, that's very much appreciated, but it'd be much better to have it done constructively. Tell us what you'd like to see improved and why and we can take that to the team.

A sarcastic list of 'this will never happen' doesn't really help. To address some of the points though;

-Balance is always being looked at, and is an ongoing process.
-Ranked Duel is the new standard, Tournaments only appear at the weekends.
-You can rebind your keys however you want. If you don't like the default it takes a second to change it
-FPS is always going to be affected on low-end PCs, no matter what game you're playing. If the minimum requirements aren't met for the lowest settings available, that's not something we can really work on i'm afraid.

As mentioned above, always willing to discuss some of these points further if you'd like to expand on some of these points constructively.

Elhantas
09-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Sorry but what's the intention of this thread? If you want to leave us feedback, that's very much appreciated, but it'd be much better to have it done constructively. Tell us what you'd like to see improved and why and we can take that to the team.

A sarcastic list of 'this will never happen' doesn't really help. To address some of the points though;

-Balance is always being looked at, and is an ongoing process.
-Ranked Duel is the new standard, Tournaments only appear at the weekends.
-You can rebind your keys however you want. If you don't like the default it takes a second to change it
-FPS is always going to be affected on low-end PCs, no matter what game you're playing. If the minimum requirements aren't met for the lowest settings available, that's not something we can really work on i'm afraid.

As mentioned above, always willing to discuss some of these points further if you'd like to expand on some of these points constructively.

Ough i would gladly like to expand. I'll start with your counter-arguments from top to botom.

1) The intention is plain as day for everyone to see. To make the changes that have already should have been fixed, or at some cases hotfixed asap from the day they were recorded.
2) Balance wise is being 'looked at' does not neccesarily mean it is being adressed. At some times i have this crazy idea that 'balancing' is being tested on level 3 bots one vs another. WIthout any regard of what us non 2% top players, or simply put, HUMANS can do. Slimy game mechanics are being used left and right and nothing is being done to amend it. Yes, i realise its not realy nothing, but the speed near laughable with an only two explanations: 1)we're gathering data 2)people will adjust(they wont)
3) Yes, you can rebind it and many do. Just to be as an indication that something is wrong here. Q and E are both pretty important and handy to use buttons that could be used for defence, are rather used to be emotes by default! It's pretty obvious that the person who made this decision is NOT a gamer, hence this rookie mistake would never have happened.
4) FPS issues are not only the end-game PC's fault. Computers that can run Overwatch, The Witcher 3 at maksimum settings gets frame drops from 60 to 5 in raining maps(my own experiance, and yes im not the only one). You putting the blame on the PC's is trying to dodge away from responsibility of actualy making the game BETTER.

There are so many rookie mistakes from a lot of sectors in the company im realy suprised how it is even maintained to stay floating. The dedicated playerbase who are staying to play the game are being treated with disrespect, players who know what a tremendious potential For Honor has as a game... I could go on, to try and explain my disapointment in management but i know it will go on deaf ears. You will read it, you might think about it for 2 minutes tops and you will forget it. WIth the latest voice-line fiasko, i completely lost faith in the capabilities of your company. It litteraly took death threats from keyboard warriors to open the eyes of your design team.

Im done.. Need anything, i will gladly expand. Im not the only one who thinks this way. I love the game to bits, would gladly play it for years to come, but at this point... it will be destroyed by its own creators. It saddens me to see it crumbling like this...

Elhantas
09-25-2018, 03:38 PM
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from getting an objective point towards Objective goal total when securing point B.

- Add'ed explanations how dominion points are calculated during a match.

- Add'ed places for players to heal in Tribute games.

(people if im missing something add things/bugs/features that should/shoudlnt be in the game, please avoid any character balancing issue's)

ZealousCloud
09-26-2018, 01:25 AM
"Balance wise is being 'looked at' does not neccesarily mean it is being adressed. At some times i have this crazy idea that 'balancing' is being tested on level 3 bots one vs another. WIthout any regard of what us non 2% top players, or simply put, HUMANS can do."

Sorry, but simply put, games are not properly balanced at the general player base. If they were top ranked players would exploit the "balance" and would make for terrible high level play. So get used to it, because most games that have a competitive standard always balance the tip top %.

Your complaint about remapping buttons? It's been addressed, soooo... What are you talking about? As far as being programmed without the gamer in mind? C'mon man, most gamers take a look or even stare at the controls before attempting to play anything, especially a fighter. Hate for you to try Elite Dangerous.

"The dedicated playerbase who are staying to play the game are being treated with disrespect"

Please, you don't speak for me. I have tremendous admiration for this team. It's the most popular fighting game ever created with a thriving player base, waiting 1 to 2 months for a fix on a certain move or bug is more than acceptable to me. What makes me frustrated is players that just complain about anything they can grab onto. They want the whole game fixed in an instant, and "balanced" to their expectations.

I understand your frustrations and I see you truly do love the game but your expectations are pretty high, and that's ok. Just know that the team has a good track record of timely updates, and focus around that.

Elhantas
09-26-2018, 07:54 AM
"Balance wise is being 'looked at' does not neccesarily mean it is being adressed. At some times i have this crazy idea that 'balancing' is being tested on level 3 bots one vs another. WIthout any regard of what us non 2% top players, or simply put, HUMANS can do."

Sorry, but simply put, games are not properly balanced at the general player base. If they were top ranked players would exploit the "balance" and would make for terrible high level play. So get used to it, because most games that have a competitive standard always balance the tip top %.

Your complaint about remapping buttons? It's been addressed, soooo... What are you talking about? As far as being programmed without the gamer in mind? C'mon man, most gamers take a look or even stare at the controls before attempting to play anything, especially a fighter. Hate for you to try Elite Dangerous.

"The dedicated playerbase who are staying to play the game are being treated with disrespect"

Please, you don't speak for me. I have tremendous admiration for this team. It's the most popular fighting game ever created with a thriving player base, waiting 1 to 2 months for a fix on a certain move or bug is more than acceptable to me. What makes me frustrated is players that just complain about anything they can grab onto. They want the whole game fixed in an instant, and "balanced" to their expectations.

I understand your frustrations and I see you truly do love the game but your expectations are pretty high, and that's ok. Just know that the team has a good track record of timely updates, and focus around that.

Point taken... I'll give a think about it.

Elhantas
10-07-2018, 09:58 AM
- Lowered the damage of Sharpen Blade feat.

- Removed Thick Blood feat, to no longer be able to completely deny characters using bleed attacks.

- Added explanations on how Re-spawn time penalties are counted.

- Added explanations on how Dominion/Skirmish scoring works. (Ex: How much a player kill is worth towards the matches goal).

- Fixed a bug that prevents players to get on ladders when there are multiple players trying to us them.

- Fixed interface overlay, when players leave the session, to allow players to see the chat window.

- Removed the screen from being blocked by: 'Order complete'; 'Level up'; 'Reputation up'. Fixed with a smooth transition from games ending screen to reward screen.

- Item rewards are all shown at the same time after the match is finished, allowing players to see the menu before the timer runs out.

- Removed Uplay's window poping in after a friend logs in, during matches.

- Add'ed an option to turn off War Maps animation completely, allowing players to have control over the game.

- Optimized character customization screen for faster loading.

I'll keep this thread active whenever i come upon more of game nuisances, bugs preventing this game from being ok, to being great.

Elhantas
10-07-2018, 10:02 AM
- Added a height limit from which a character starts yelling when falling down, or jumping down. (Ex: a character no longer yells when falling a few meters)

YonDrako
10-07-2018, 11:22 AM
+add new system of calculatin point that on a conquered spot team must leave at last one player or the gain is reduct to zero.
This can be a solution of ganking 4vs1.

Justicator
10-07-2018, 06:07 PM
-Uninstalling the game and uplay no longer resets your unlocked achievements to ALL be locked again (yep, happened to me)
-Added a new core mechanic; GUARD. Is constantly depleted when blocking. Is re-filled with attacks. GUARD is depleted depending on the damage of the attack that is blocked; the higher the damage, the more of it is depleted. Once you break someones GUARD, you are guaranteed a heavy.
-Increased chip damage to 20% . For each additional character attacking you, the chip damage is re-scalled so that their total would always be 20%. This means that if 2 people are attacking you, their chip dmg will each be 10% (total 20%), 3 people attacking you means that their chip damage is 6,66% each (total 19,98%) and if 4 people are attacking you, each of them does 5% chip damage, total 20%.
-Decreased the attack speeds of any attack faster than 500 ms to 500 ms. No more unreactable 400 ms delayed attack BS. Shame on you devs. This is not how you fix a defensive meta.
-Completly rework bashes. There are now 2 kinds of bashes; those accessible from neutral and those that are a part of a chain of attacks. Those accessible from neutral can
be completely canceled at any time (like warden's bash now). If they do land, they guarantee NOTHING, but stun the target (make the screen all blurry). Those accessible from chains are faster (conq bash fast), guarantee a light after a hit, continue combos but must be committed and can never be feinted.
-All Classes can now soft feint a heavy to a GB.
-All classes can now soft feint certain heavy attacks in combos into lights.
-All classes now have L-H-L-H combos
Stamina is completely reworked. The more you attack the less your every next attack costs stamina, incentivizing you to keep up the pressure.
-Parrying is now its own, unique button. Failing a parry leaves you in a vulnerable state and animation where the opponent gets a heavy.
-Parrying a light, zone or a heavy always grants the same; a light which is a chain starter.
-The Stamina cost of zones attacks is reduced, their damage is reduced and their attack speed is slightly reduced. Every zone for
every class is now either a chain starter or its second part can be soft feinted.
-Heavy and heavy hybrid classes get HA on heavy attacks. Classes that are lightly armored (especially assassins) lose all HA on all attacks.
-Assassins can no longer parry. Instead, they use the new dedicated parry button for their deflects. Deflects have the same timing as a parry and
every one is a chain starter.
-All heroes now have the same amount of HP. Their damage reduction, however, is greatly different and depends on their class. Tanks have
the most armor reduction, then vanguards, then assassins. Hybrids have damage reduction depending on what classes they are a hybrid off.
-All assassin side dash attacks are now of the same speed (which means that shaman's is reduced), every single one is a heavy input (allowing
the assassin to execute with it, but since it is slower, if the assassin is baited, one does not get that much of a benefit from parrying it).
-No more BS train type of choo-choooo carrying opponents on ones shield, weapon or shoulder for easy ledge kills. Balance the classes and give
them unique options to make them viable in 4v4s instead of giving them cheap, abusable BS. With that said, the throw distance should be greatly
different between classes, with heavy classes being able to throw the furthest and assassin the least (no more shaman BS throwing; she can
now has a throw distance as the orochi does).

DoctorMcBatman
10-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Okay sorry I have to add a few:

- Fixed bug where your hero would attack or guardbreak enemy minions despite being locked onto an enemy hero
- Fixed bug where your hero would sometimes not be able to climb down ladders

Developer notes: We're sorry it took so long to fix these issues. We know they've been around since pre-release, but we're just getting around to them now because we have to keep nerfing OP heroes, buff mediocre heroes and ignore sub-par heroes, creating battle outfits, and designing new game modes and heroes that will further break the meta.

pitchBlack246
10-08-2018, 02:36 AM
-Uninstalling the game and uplay no longer resets your unlocked achievements to ALL be locked again (yep, happened to me)
-Added a new core mechanic; GUARD. Is constantly depleted when blocking. Is re-filled with attacks. GUARD is depleted depending on the damage of the attack that is blocked; the higher the damage, the more of it is depleted. Once you break someones GUARD, you are guaranteed a heavy.
-Increased chip damage to 20% . For each additional character attacking you, the chip damage is re-scalled so that their total would always be 20%. This means that if 2 people are attacking you, their chip dmg will each be 10% (total 20%), 3 people attacking you means that their chip damage is 6,66% each (total 19,98%) and if 4 people are attacking you, each of them does 5% chip damage, total 20%.
-Decreased the attack speeds of any attack faster than 500 ms to 500 ms. No more unreactable 400 ms delayed attack BS. Shame on you devs. This is not how you fix a defensive meta.
-Completly rework bashes. There are now 2 kinds of bashes; those accessible from neutral and those that are a part of a chain of attacks. Those accessible from neutral can
be completely canceled at any time (like warden's bash now). If they do land, they guarantee NOTHING, but stun the target (make the screen all blurry). Those accessible from chains are faster (conq bash fast), guarantee a light after a hit, continue combos but must be committed and can never be feinted.
-All Classes can now soft feint a heavy to a GB.
-All classes can now soft feint certain heavy attacks in combos into lights.
-All classes now have L-H-L-H combos
Stamina is completely reworked. The more you attack the less your every next attack costs stamina, incentivizing you to keep up the pressure.
-Parrying is now its own, unique button. Failing a parry leaves you in a vulnerable state and animation where the opponent gets a heavy.
-Parrying a light, zone or a heavy always grants the same; a light which is a chain starter.
-The Stamina cost of zones attacks is reduced, their damage is reduced and their attack speed is slightly reduced. Every zone for
every class is now either a chain starter or its second part can be soft feinted.
-Heavy and heavy hybrid classes get HA on heavy attacks. Classes that are lightly armored (especially assassins) lose all HA on all attacks.
-Assassins can no longer parry. Instead, they use the new dedicated parry button for their deflects. Deflects have the same timing as a parry and
every one is a chain starter.
-All heroes now have the same amount of HP. Their damage reduction, however, is greatly different and depends on their class. Tanks have
the most armor reduction, then vanguards, then assassins. Hybrids have damage reduction depending on what classes they are a hybrid off.
-All assassin side dash attacks are now of the same speed (which means that shaman's is reduced), every single one is a heavy input (allowing
the assassin to execute with it, but since it is slower, if the assassin is baited, one does not get that much of a benefit from parrying it).
-No more BS train type of choo-choooo carrying opponents on ones shield, weapon or shoulder for easy ledge kills. Balance the classes and give
them unique options to make them viable in 4v4s instead of giving them cheap, abusable BS. With that said, the throw distance should be greatly
different between classes, with heavy classes being able to throw the furthest and assassin the least (no more shaman BS throwing; she can
now has a throw distance as the orochi does).

Can we make this a thread please, the devs could actually learn something from you amazing changes all tho the one I don't agree with is the assassins not able to parry, and instead they deflect, because some of the deflects are a little much like zerkers how he gets free gairdbreak meaning u are rewarding him more for the new parry mechanic, or orochi how he can do light or heavy deflect with the heavy hurting a lot

Elhantas
10-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Please keep this thread clean of swear words, in other words civil. I'm sorry to ask another thing, but if we started adding balancing issues there would be too many, and would eventually lead to people arguing. Leave the balancing to the devs(and yes, i know i added a bit of it, but its a bare minimum).

Throwing out ideas is a good way though ;)

Elhantas
10-08-2018, 09:55 AM
- There are 4 seasons per year: Winter; Spring; Summer; Autumn

- Added more end season rewards to compensate the lowered amount of seasons.

(reason of suggesting this: The current seasons take incredibly short time to finish, and i firmly believe the short season duration are to blame for people feeling like the game is out for years...)

Justicator
10-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Can we make this a thread please, the devs could actually learn something from you amazing changes all tho the one I don't agree with is the assassins not able to parry, and instead they deflect, because some of the deflects are a little much like zerkers how he gets free gairdbreak meaning u are rewarding him more for the new parry mechanic, or orochi how he can do light or heavy deflect with the heavy hurting a lot

I would, naturally, change the zerker's parry/new deflect so that it would be in line with the rest of the assassins ;) . No free guard breaks out of deflects. Instead, you get a chain starter. An orochi would only have a light deflect (and i would completely change its animation, I mean turning your back on your opponent, SRSYLY???) and it would, like for the rest, be a chain starter, allowing you to start pressuring. Depending on the specific assassin, the chain starter could be either a light or a heavy. But in the case of the heavy it would not be guaranteed, but you would be able to soft feint it into something. Hell, give every assassin both possibilities so let them chose. The point is, before you can start balancing specific hero strengths vs. other hero strengths and capabilities, you first have to have your core mechanics work and be fully functional/fair. This is not the case with FH ATM (IMHO) and the main reason why FH is in a state that it is now is that the devs tried to fix the game's core problems with new characters; something that has, so far, failed spectacularly...

To be fair to UBI, FH is a pretty unique game (but this is more due to the ideas of FH's original creator and not UBI). It is obvious that UBI's team expected one thing (for people to have a hard time when trying to block and especially parry attacks) when a completely different one happened (turtle meta). That's why defensive play was so rewarding, they expected that it would be hard for people to pull it off. The critical failiure of UBI development of FH is that after a few seasons, once they saw how FH was playing out, instead of changing the CORE MECHANICS of the game, they just released new heroes that were supposed to "fix" the turtle meta, but instead paved the road for the light/unblockable spam fest that FH is today. This unwillingness (or, dare I say, incompetence) to change is what is ultimately going to kill FH; sooner or later people will be fed up with the BS and unfair mechanics. Just look at the most popular FH youtube content creators; people that have built their audience around FH videos are jumping ship left and right...

AramenThePiper
10-08-2018, 08:43 PM
-Added Battle Outfit colors to Attackers and Defenders.

In my opinion this is one of the greatest things we'll never see

PitchBlack3160
10-08-2018, 09:33 PM
I would, naturally, change the zerker's parry/new deflect so that it would be in line with the rest of the assassins ;) . No free guard breaks out of deflects. Instead, you get a chain starter. An orochi would only have a light deflect (and i would completely change its animation, I mean turning your back on your opponent, SRSYLY???) and it would, like for the rest, be a chain starter, allowing you to start pressuring. Depending on the specific assassin, the chain starter could be either a light or a heavy. But in the case of the heavy it would not be guaranteed, but you would be able to soft feint it into something. Hell, give every assassin both possibilities so let them chose. The point is, before you can start balancing specific hero strengths vs. other hero strengths and capabilities, you first have to have your core mechanics work and be fully functional/fair. This is not the case with FH ATM (IMHO) and the main reason why FH is in a state that it is now is that the devs tried to fix the game's core problems with new characters; something that has, so far, failed spectacularly...

To be fair to UBI, FH is a pretty unique game (but this is more due to the ideas of FH's original creator and not UBI). It is obvious that UBI's team expected one thing (for people to have a hard time when trying to block and especially parry attacks) when a completely different one happened (turtle meta). That's why defensive play was so rewarding, they expected that it would be hard for people to pull it off. The critical failiure of UBI development of FH is that after a few seasons, once they saw how FH was playing out, instead of changing the CORE MECHANICS of the game, they just released new heroes that were supposed to "fix" the turtle meta, but instead paved the road for the light/unblockable spam fest that FH is today. This unwillingness (or, dare I say, incompetence) to change is what is ultimately going to kill FH; sooner or later people will be fed up with the BS and unfair mechanics. Just look at the most popular FH youtube content creators; people that have built their audience around FH videos are jumping ship left and right...

I completely agree with your every statement (had to make new account forgot my password lol)

Elhantas
10-10-2018, 04:39 PM
- 'Search for new opponent' will now ignore the current opponent while searching for a new match.