PDA

View Full Version : JEEZ, La Plaga is bugged as hell in Mission Replay.

Frag_Maniac
09-23-2018, 08:51 AM
I don't recall in the few times I played through the game La Plaga ever having this bug, but in Mission Replay I can only get the tunnel door to open in like 1 out of 10 times at best. Several players alluding to this in a Reddit thread seems to confirm it's not just me.

At first I thought it was triggered by my taking out most of the guards from the ridge across the way near the airstrip, but it happens when I use a close by overt approach as well.

KingSpawn1979
09-23-2018, 10:17 AM
That Mission was a Gamble from the very Beginning and one of the many Reasons I refuse to play GM.

Frag_Maniac
09-23-2018, 08:05 PM
That Mission was a Gamble from the very Beginning and one of the many Reasons I refuse to play GM.
Well like I said, I don't recall this being a problem without using Mission Replay, but it's been a while since playing it that way, and maybe there was this problem with it and I forgot. I think I would have recalled a 1 out of ten success rate though. What's really frustrating is it's near the end of the game, and it's a pretty well designed mission other than this bug. I mean there's only one guy closer to El Sueno in the Security division, which is probably the toughest category.

This mission can be played a variety of ways from a very time consuming and difficult stealth approach, or parachuting in to the helipad and stealing their chopper to rain down rockets, or jumping in the mini gun truck and drive around shooting them until their dead. I also found a perfect cover spot while placing your squad on high ground. The ground level corner of the helipad building with a position facing the rear deck is a perfect choke point for blind fire.

You'd think if they're going to limit us to Mission Replay only with no New Game +, especially when most of their other games have NG+, they'd at least make sure the story missions all replay as they should. Imagine trying to make a video of this mission on Mission Replay like I am. I was up late last night and finally gave up on it. Stuff like this still exists well over a year and a half after release, and instead of fixing it they're looking for ways to price gouge with minimal addons.