PDA

View Full Version : Proof that shinobi's backflip actually makes attacks track him MORE

PepsiBeastin
09-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Shinobi's slide, which can NOT turn normally while being used, tracks my backflip and makes him turn about 90 degrees right to hit me.
https://i.gyazo.com/c4cfde8023571bcdfa86850aba7b990b.gif

Arekonator
09-22-2018, 11:14 PM
It looks like it nailed you just at the end of the flip and THEN turned after that.
And turning sideways when moving up and down a stairs is something that charge moves just tend to do (LB impale definitelly does).

mrmistark
09-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Hahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw the actual video because there isnít even really evidence to support this claim.

His backflip doesnít dodge attacks that are started after backflip initation. Just like any other type of dodge and dodge attack. Why are you surprised it still hit you when he didnít start the slide until the very beginning of the second part of your flip?

Are you aware that shinobi turns around immediately after a successful slide for a follow up? Like what ď90 degreeĒ tracking is happening here? A very linear slide that tracked you into the ending of your backflip, turns AS USUAL for follow up....there is nothing fishy going on here. This is just the mechanics of the game.

I know you probably think this sounds rude and thatís not my intention but how long have you been playing? Cause dodges of every kind have always worked the same since the beta, and shinobi slide has always work the same since itís release....

I donít want to be THAT guy but it just really seems like your 1) simply salty about the situation or 2) donít fully understand dodges and when tracking for attacks starts during the dodge.

PepsiBeastin
09-23-2018, 12:11 AM
Hahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw the actual video because there isn’t even really evidence to support this claim.

His backflip doesn’t dodge attacks that are started after backflip initation. Just like any other type of dodge and dodge attack. Why are you surprised it still hit you when he didn’t start the slide until the very beginning of the second part of your flip?

Are you aware that shinobi turns around immediately after a successful slide for a follow up? Like what “90 degree” tracking is happening here? A very linear slide that tracked you into the ending of your backflip, turns AS USUAL for follow up....there is nothing fishy going on here. This is just the mechanics of the game.

I know you probably think this sounds rude and that’s not my intention but how long have you been playing? Cause dodges of every kind have always worked the same since the beta, and shinobi slide has always work the same since it’s release....

I don’t want to be THAT guy but it just really seems like your 1) simply salty about the situation or 2) don’t fully understand dodges and when tracking for attacks starts during the dodge.

Jesus christ, you're either blind, or have noooo idea how the tackle even works. When you're running at an enemy and press the guardbreak button, you start sliding towards them. Guess what happens when you're sliding? YOU GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

Please look at the video again, you clearly see him curve and slide sideways WHILE ON THE GROUND, when the tackle was initiated when I was about 6 feet closer to the kensei. If shinobi's kick had properties similar to nobushi's hidden stance like it honestly should, the enemy shinobi would've missed and ended up much further from the wall than he ended up.

https://youtu.be/BnJ4H9qs0gs
Watch this in .25 or .10 times speed, you'll see it.

mrmistark
09-23-2018, 02:27 AM
I did watch it frame by frame. He comes in Perfectly straight. Itís just the camera angle and the fact he hits you from a strange angle.

Again, there really is not anything fishy going on in your video. Every move in the game has tracking to some extent, hence why he got you when you were back flipping, but this didnít even turn at an unusual angle like other attacks do.