PDA

View Full Version : Combat experts please enter and help

MrB3NX
09-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Hello guys ,

i'm suffering from an annoying problem in combat strategies and i need your help to fix it

the problem is

when i preform an unblockable attack , it gets easily blocked even if i'm on rage mode

but when i try to block an unblockable attack i get obliterated

this thing is driving me crazy , i don't want to dodge all time because sometime i need to make use of the environment

please help me , thank you .

Syn.ASUR
09-22-2018, 02:37 PM
I wanna ask you few things regarding the character you're using and what specific character you're fighting against. As alot of characters have unblockable but can be easily punished so you must understand the an unblockable doesnt assure damage or win or an advantage to your opponent rather an unblockable attack can become something that can lead to a loss if not used smartly.

I play with Valk, Pk, Raider, Cent, Highlander and Gladiator if you wanna ask anything about them i will happily assist you.

Ugottracked
09-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Unblockable attacks cannot be blocked but you cant counter it in different ways. dodgeattacks, parry and rollcancel can help you out. If you want to parry unblockables you have to press your heavy button in the direction of the enemys attack shortly before you get hit.

MrB3NX
09-22-2018, 06:42 PM
I wanna ask you few things regarding the character you're using and what specific character you're fighting against. As alot of characters have unblockable but can be easily punished so you must understand the an unblockable doesnt assure damage or win or an advantage to your opponent rather an unblockable attack can become something that can lead to a loss if not used smartly.

I play with Valk, Pk, Raider, Cent, Highlander and Gladiator if you wanna ask anything about them i will happily assist you.

you are as old in this game as me so i don't think u'r the expert that i'm looking for .

MrB3NX
09-22-2018, 06:44 PM
Unblockable attacks cannot be blocked but you cant counter it in different ways. dodgeattacks, parry and rollcancel can help you out. If you want to parry unblockables you have to press your heavy button in the direction of the enemys attack shortly before you get hit.

dude i totally understand the difference between block and parry and i'm talking about blocking and i saw it many many times that's why i'm here looking for an explanation .

DefiledDragon
09-22-2018, 06:54 PM
dude i totally understand the difference between block and parry and i'm talking about blocking and i saw it many many times that's why i'm here looking for an explanation .

You can't block unblockables but you can parry them. If your unblockable attacks are being "blocked", they're being parried or deflected, I guarantee it.

Klingentaenz3r
09-22-2018, 10:41 PM
You can't block unblockables but you can parry them. If your unblockable attacks are being "blocked", they're being parried or deflected, I guarantee it.

Psst: deflects have block properties and hence are in fact countered by unblockables

Velentix
09-23-2018, 10:24 PM
You should in no way be able to block unblockables, if you see that than it can only be the revenge mode being properly timed, and rebounding the attack. If its a bash however that cant be blocked, and has to be dodged. It could be due to an active perk that makes them uninterruptible, but an actual block shouldnt be possible. If it is happening record it and post it.

MrB3NX
09-24-2018, 11:49 AM
You should in no way be able to block unblockables, if you see that than it can only be the revenge mode being properly timed, and rebounding the attack. If its a bash however that cant be blocked, and has to be dodged. It could be due to an active perk that makes them uninterruptible, but an actual block shouldnt be possible. If it is happening record it and post it.

Raider's fury ( light + heavy attack combined ) is it unblockable or what ?

i can't block theirs and they can block mine easily which is confusing .

Sovengardian
09-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Maybe i can shed some light on this.
First of all you cant block unblockables, you can only parry or dodge them, deflects dont work against them either. To parry you must do a heavy attack in the direction of the enemies attack when the direction arrow flashes red (right before he hits your block).

However, there is one case where unblockables get blocked, not parried. It can happen if you have low FPS, especially FPS drops or packet loss. Let me explain.
My good PC recently died, so i had to revert to my old one, which isnt really suited for playing this game, but after some tweaking i got some 40 FPS stable on it However when i get FPS drops, especially on rainy maps, weird things start happening:
Revenge isnt gained - i get mauled in a 3v1 blocking most of the hits, with a +20% revenge gain build, and the revenge meter doesnt move past half point. Next match, on a clear weather map i get revenge from the same activity in 2v1
Popping revenge doesnt give "revenge health" - i pop revenge but instead of gaining the full golden HP bar my hp, stays the same and i get killed in 1 hit
Attacks slow down - light attack when a FPS drop happens slows down to the speed of a heavy or slower, becomes easy to parry
Guaranteed hits not guaranteed - orochis top light hits, i dont move the attack direction, second light starts, FPS drops, enemy parries the supposedly guaranteed second light. same with warden side lights, shinobi lights, light attacks after shield bash...
The aforementioned unblockables being simply blocked
Attacks auto canceling- wasnt sure about this one, though i had non-nobushi heroes "feint" lights, but then i saw my conq canceling heavies mid swing, which he literally cant do

And many more...

Simply put, the game isnt designed to run below certain fps, as evident in the fact that it will kick you if you have a low FPS cont for a prolonged period of time, however a FPS drop is short enough to mess with you and not get you kicked. And considering how it affects the game i think Ubi was right to set the game up so it doesnt allow playing under a certain FPS count. Same goes for packet loss, though these two usally happen together so im not sure which causes what exactly...