PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas of what should be change for every Char to Balance the game

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 09:40 AM
This is an open Discussion, i don't have the pretention to say i am right but find below my thoughts :

Knights

Warden : Too strong now, should at least makes his SB options more reactable and reduce the tracking/distance of his dash heavy. His zone should not chain with anything too.

Conq : On my side i don't have PB with his SB but it seems to be a big thing so he should maybe have a bigger recovery on a miss SB. And i think his zone should not be able to be hold in an almost infinite way.

PK : Needs her pure dmg to be buff back. Except on her zone but she need it on her dodge attack and heavies AT minimum.

LB : Need a better opener as maybe a softfeint into his bash on heavy ? Just a suggestion.. don't play him that much so LB mains would probably have better one.

Cent : I believe he is fine.. don't see necessary changes for him.

Glad : First his Guard need to be fixed to be at least on par in terms of duration with others assassins.. he has a too tight guard currently. He also need to have, just as cent and Warlord, a guaranteed light at least after his parry following punch and a light after his punch from neutral.. this is the only char of the game which has nothing guaranteed after a bash.

Vikings

Raider : Just fine for me.. specially after his new buff coming in S8. His zone need to be nerf on the DMG.. that's a pain in 4v4.

Warlord : TBH, i don't know how to improved him.. maybe making his Heavies UB ? I am not a fan of this idea but i don't see anything else as he has HA and bashes already. Maybe a buff on his full guard as the Conq one ?

Zerk : Maybe he should have HA only on normal attack but not on UB and Ub feint ? He should have some HA remooved.

Valk : Shield tackle need to be buff back and she shouldn't sweep allies as well. I still believe her heavies should do more dmg too.

HL : need a nerf on his 50/50 and on his UB dammages (i mean he can 2 shots a Shinobi...)

Shaman : I know many struggles with her but.. i find her pretty fine. so i would say nothing about her.. maybe just a nerf on her dash (tracking or directions).

Samurais

Kensei : I would suggest a nerf on his zone range in one hand and in another one giving him 500ms lights in any direction as warden and not only from the top.

Shugo : He should get an Opener to help him in 1v1 (i think he is still good in 4v4). Maybe a headbutt as Warlord ? And as he is very slow, his mix up options on UB should be softfeints and not hardfeints.. that would speed up his options and help him to catch people.. now he is so slow that you can just back dodge before he has the time to feint for a GB of exemple ..

Orochi : I think Orochi rework was bad. He is just about too fast lights now. I think his lights should be nerfed in terms of speed. He should has 400ms lights in only one direction as Valk. And in another hand, he should get an opener as the Tozen kick every ROch players are asking for a while now.

Nobushi : She should get her Lights increased in terms of speed. And that's all i think as she has Bash and hidden stance. Her big weakness is to be parried often when landing a light.

Shinobi : I would say his double lights dmg should be nerf.. 24 is too much and the tracking of his Kick too... the moove is just too safe now, track very well and drain too much Stam. To compense that he should maybe get 10 more HP.

Aramusha : He is just fine in my opinion. Maybe he could get a side dodge attack ?

I have to say my point of view is from a Console player. So take that in consideration please.

Chobbsy99
09-21-2018, 01:16 AM
I canít say I agree with you on much of this. Iím sorry! It looks like a really thought out post.

First, centurion and aramusha are not fine. of those guys need some love. They have no openers and are effectively one trick ponies Ė cent needs to wall splat for damage and musha has an easily predictable infinite combo.

I love both characters, but they need help. Centurion needs his kick buffed and the ability to punch from neutral, like the gladiator. Make the punches feintable after a heavy, and give him actually feintable heavies (itís weirdly clunky rn). The ability to cancel his zone after one or two swings would be pretty great too.
His cutscene would need to be nerfed accordingly following the above buffs. As much as Iíd love a return to the glory days, nobody else would.

Aramusha needs his all guard kit available on guard break, a dodge attack, his forward leap attacks to be faster and less predictable (like the wardenís or shamanís) and some really convincing feints. Maybe he could soft feint heavies into lights in all directions from neutral.

Iím not totally sold on the Valkyrie changes; sheíd be even more of a ganking god if she didnít sweep teammates. She sucks when played badly, but Iíve played some opponents who had a fantastic understanding of her kit. Sheís a monster in the right hands already. Not op, but really good.

Also a shinobi nerf? Harsh. He totally sucks. I think they should buff him tbh.

Love the warden change though. I like the rework, but the sb is just a little too quick. Didnít some guy on reddit mathematically prove it to be too quick to react to?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-21-2018, 01:45 AM
I think if we are going to use berserker, kensie, and Warden as our models for par then we have a long way to go with all other characters

Siegfried-Z
09-26-2018, 09:25 AM
I canít say I agree with you on much of this. Iím sorry! It looks like a really thought out post.

First, centurion and aramusha are not fine. of those guys need some love. They have no openers and are effectively one trick ponies Ė cent needs to wall splat for damage and musha has an easily predictable infinite combo.

I love both characters, but they need help. Centurion needs his kick buffed and the ability to punch from neutral, like the gladiator. Make the punches feintable after a heavy, and give him actually feintable heavies (itís weirdly clunky rn). The ability to cancel his zone after one or two swings would be pretty great too.
His cutscene would need to be nerfed accordingly following the above buffs. As much as Iíd love a return to the glory days, nobody else would.

Aramusha needs his all guard kit available on guard break, a dodge attack, his forward leap attacks to be faster and less predictable (like the wardenís or shamanís) and some really convincing feints. Maybe he could soft feint heavies into lights in all directions from neutral.

Iím not totally sold on the Valkyrie changes; sheíd be even more of a ganking god if she didnít sweep teammates. She sucks when played badly, but Iíve played some opponents who had a fantastic understanding of her kit. Sheís a monster in the right hands already. Not op, but really good.

Also a shinobi nerf? Harsh. He totally sucks. I think they should buff him tbh.

Love the warden change though. I like the rework, but the sb is just a little too quick. Didnít some guy on reddit mathematically prove it to be too quick to react to?

Hum of course every opinion can be different but, while some people say Cent and Musha are bad, i disagree on my side. S5 stats shows cent is in an average position and Musha even ranked 6th among the 18 char if i remember correctly.

And this mix PC and Console, on console, Musha is not bad, he can easly beat assassins and is correct against others.. the guy has 500ms lights, lot of softfeints, a UB, a feintable dash, HA, a full guard.. i really don't think he miss love.. he even got a big buff in terms of DMG through S4.

As for cent, wallsplat are not his only way to get DMG, he has i believe the best parry follow up of the game, an opener with the kick (not the best but still), can really be a stam bully.. can stab in 4v4 and allow a free kill for his team..

You ask for a cent buff kick but then what would be the point to allow him t o punch from neutral ? and allow fim to feint the punch after a heavy is too strong i think.. a feinted bash is a monster moove only Warden has. And don't forget while Glad can punch from neutral, he can't feint it and has no guaranteed dmg after.

I only agree about the ability to feint Zone after the first hit and allow him to has a bigger feint window.

For Musha, as i said he already has a lot of options and i think he only needs a side dash attack. You ask for the ability to feint a heavy from neutral for a light but he can still hardfeint for it. And no question to speed up his dash as his Dash is considered as a Heavy + has HA from top AND is feintable.

Of course Valk is good.
But why should she not be able to allow friends to score dmg on your sweep because you sweep them and Cent could stab, Raider stampede, LB impale, SHugo demon's embrace, Shinobi kneels you etc etc ? That's a cutscene as another one and Nuxia gonna have a strong one too.

Shinobi doesn't need a buff.. do you know he already has the highest DPS of the game ? i just suggest to adjust it a bit but then giving him same HP pool as others assassins.

And warden.. how to say.. he is by far the strongest char of the game now.

I think if we are going to use berserker, kensie, and Warden as our models for par then we have a long way to go with all other characters

Hum Warden is not a good model, he is too strong. Kensei is a good model and Valk too in my opinion ;)

CptMatsumaru
09-26-2018, 09:31 AM
The new Valk is a great answer for Warden. try it. :)
maybe for valk charge armor (jump forward / light) like Ara.

Ara, i think too, maybe a slow dodge attack.

Siegfried-Z
09-26-2018, 09:37 AM
The new Valk is a great answer for Warden. try it. :)
maybe for valk charge armor (jump forward / light) like Ara.

Ara, i think too, maybe a slow dodge attack.

Yep i'm a rep 16 Valk i do well with her agaisnt warden ;) Thanks for advice.

But my main is Kensei and this is so hard with him against warden.. really tough.

Looking for Jiang Jun and Shaolin now ;p

tehemperorer
09-26-2018, 11:32 PM
I'd say enough of the suggestions--they're not bad at all, it's just that the balance team has their own ideas about where they want to take the game and despite the majority of their community disagreeing with the direction the game has gone they simply don't care.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-27-2018, 12:05 AM
I'd say enough of the suggestions--they're not bad at all, it's just that the balance team has their own ideas about where they want to take the game and despite the majority of their community disagreeing with the direction the game has gone they simply don't care.
Wait there is a balance team? Can I get on the team? My qualifications include not knowing anything and not doing anything. My special talent is laughing all the way to the bank to cash in my ubisoft paycheck. I prefer to not work well with others or not at all. Sooo I assume I start Monday.

FangedSamurai
09-27-2018, 01:19 AM
I don't know why people keep creating balancing issue threads when the devs aren't even listening. If they were we would've had them by now. I've been playing for a month and I have to say as someone still fairly new this game is not balanced at all. For example the nobushi is a parry magnet with her super slow attacks while you have the lawbringer who has a super fast over the head smash. From what I've seen you guys have been complaining constantly and have received nothing. So my question is why keep making these threads?

Edit: I hope you aren't paying for this game either. Don't support a dev that doesn't listen.

PepsiBeastin
09-27-2018, 01:30 AM
ayyy its like the dollar store version of my post

EvoX.
09-27-2018, 03:54 AM
Stopped reading at ''Centurion is fine, he doesn't need anything''.

CptMatsumaru
09-27-2018, 10:14 AM
i know, cent need a buff...right? only Centplayer can say it.

Cent have the best one button chain of combos + dmg. spam Stamina dmg(kick) etc. why want to change anything? why buff?

Sekiro...
11-12-2018, 09:15 AM
tozen kick would be nice