PDA

View Full Version : No main

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-19-2018, 09:32 PM
So I play the new Val on occasion but I'm not very good with her. She was my main and I was very good. When I do play her and I do poorly sometimes and I get people messaging me talking crap because my Val is high rep. It's very frustrating to spend all that time honing a characters abilities, committing it to muscle memory only to have her completely changed. I play val, pK, and shugoki. How am I suppose to be competitive in this game when my characters keep getting screwed with?

David_gorda
09-19-2018, 09:36 PM
Valkyrie is alot better then before and it doesnt take long to learn the new moveset. Shugoki had Been pure garbage for a long long time and is basicly useless 1vs1 but i usually do well with him in 4vs4. Pk is still good 1vs1 on console Thx to 400ms lights and the zone attack. She Will be better again when ubisoft remove debuff resistance on gear.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-20-2018, 12:20 AM
Honestly I'm tired of having to learn characters only to have them changed or debuffed. Maybe I pick another main like JJ. And maybe ubi nerfs him to the ground. I'm going to try breach but ubisofts lopesided teeter totter balancing method and the toxic community is really a waste of my time.

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Valk is my co main.

I agree the changes were difficult to accept because it feels like she lost a part of what makes her the Valk we used to love.

But i have to admit that since her rework, i've played her only for 2-3 rep i think and already have improved my KD ratio with. But i am not really a fan because i believe she is now a beast in 1v1 but not that strong for group fight (give too much revenge, weak dammage output and sweep allies...).

And as i am playing only 4v4 i don't play her that much :/

On my side i play Kensei and shaman mostly in 4v4 and Valk - Glad in 1v1.

The problem with Ubi is they ignore some obvious things which need to be fixed and spend time on some new stuff nobody care about as changing voices .....LOL

HazelrahFirefly
09-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Valkyrie is alot better then before and it doesnt take long to learn the new moveset. Shugoki had Been pure garbage for a long long time and is basicly useless 1vs1 but i usually do well with him in 4vs4. Pk is still good 1vs1 on console Thx to 400ms lights and the zone attack. She Will be better again when ubisoft remove debuff resistance on gear.

Valk being better is an opinion, and not one I agree with.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Valk is my co main.

I agree the changes were difficult to accept because it feels like she lost a part of what makes her the Valk we used to love.

But i have to admit that since her rework, i've played her only for 2-3 rep i think and already have improved my KD ratio with. But i am not really a fan because i believe she is now a beast in 1v1 but not that strong for group fight (give too much revenge, weak dammage output and sweep allies...).

And as i am playing only 4v4 i don't play her that much :/

On my side i play Kensei and shaman mostly in 4v4 and Valk - Glad in 1v1.

The problem with Ubi is they ignore some obvious things which need to be fixed and spend time on some new stuff nobody care about as changing voices .....LOL

Yea I don't see why she was the only rework to get buffed and Nerfed at the same time considering she was near the bottom of the food chain to begin with. Ubi completely ignored val mains request on what she should have had. As I said before Her speed and damage output statistics will be used to justify the change soon.
Unisoft is being sort of foolish. Take orochis Kia shout. Easily the most broken feat in the game which has needed a Nerf for a long time. When a new player tries dominion for the first time and this happens to them they are going to assume, rightly so, that the game is broken.
Ubi takes too long. This game is similar to a three month old cod with its dead lobbies and whatnot.

Helnekromancer
09-21-2018, 03:37 AM
I had gotten Valk to Rep 25 before a rework, I'm still trying to get over her shield being useless now. So many times I die trying to shield bash someone and they just hit me out of it.

Very weird. I wish they just removed her shield entirely so I can finally have a 2-handed spear user. So many fun ways to fight with just a spear, spear and shield is just boring and it limits your movement, there is already a Shield user in the Vikings and he uses it much better and have way coolers executions utilizing it.

That and also so the weapons design team can focus more on making the actual spear cooler and not dedicate 80% into the shield, 5% on the handle, and 15% on the blade. Don't get me wrong the Shield designs are cool but I'm barely using it in a fight and if you look at all the spear types they are all just different types of triangles some are just layered triangles stacked on top of each other.

Now that I have gotten Nobushi to 60 I have Valk and PK to choose from so I'm mostly playing Valk and it feels awful knowing that the best way to make use of my shield is simple to quickly backstep.

Oh and they removed her signature headbutt that could knock people down I would have kept that over the stupid sweep any day. The sweep doesn't even work lvl 2 bots.

The_B0G_
09-21-2018, 01:26 PM
I had gotten Valk to Rep 25 before a rework, I'm still trying to get over her shield being useless now. So many times I die trying to shield bash someone and they just hit me out of it.

Very weird. I wish they just removed her shield entirely so I can finally have a 2-handed spear user. So many fun ways to fight with just a spear, spear and shield is just boring and it limits your movement, there is already a Shield user in the Vikings and he uses it much better and have way coolers executions utilizing it.

That and also so the weapons design team can focus more on making the actual spear cooler and not dedicate 80% into the shield, 5% on the handle, and 15% on the blade. Don't get me wrong the Shield designs are cool but I'm barely using it in a fight and if you look at all the spear types they are all just different types of triangles some are just layered triangles stacked on top of each other.

Now that I have gotten Nobushi to 60 I have Valk and PK to choose from so I'm mostly playing Valk and it feels awful knowing that the best way to make use of my shield is simple to quickly backstep.

Oh and they removed her signature headbutt that could knock people down I would have kept that over the stupid sweep any day. The sweep doesn't even work lvl 2 bots.

Wouldn't Nobushi be considered a 2-handed spear weilder? I know it's not technically a spear, but pretty much.

Helnekromancer
09-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Wouldn't Nobushi be considered a 2-handed spear weilder? I know it's not technically a spear, but pretty much.

Nobushi's Naginata is a Japanese polearm. I think the best way to explain is by explaining how For Honor differentiates Spears and polearms.

Polearms are very long weapons that allow the user to attack from a safe distance using sweeping and slashing attacks in broad arcs for good crowd control, so that would place Nobushi, Lawbringer and Jiang Jun in the polearm category.

While spears are mid range weapons that are good for close range. Unlike the polearm that is more about swinging because it has a curved blade, spears are more of a stabbing weapon because most of the power comes from the tip. So that would put Valkyrie and Gladiator in the spear category, even though the weapon that Gladiator uses is called a Trident, which is a type of spear.

So to answer your question, is Nobushi a two-handed spear user? No not really Spears and Polearms are like cousins they can do the same type of moves, but one is really good at stabbing and the other is really good at slashing.

Roseguard_Cpt
09-21-2018, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately balance is like a Pendulum. It started on the side of turtling and now it has swung to the other extreme of speed. Characters and mechanics get nerfed and buffed along the way, etc etc, but it will gradually lose momentum and balance out in the middle. We're just along for the ride.

The_B0G_
09-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Nobushi's Naginata is a Japanese polearm. I think the best way to explain is by explaining how For Honor differentiates Spears and polearms.

Polearms are very long weapons that allow the user to attack from a safe distance using sweeping and slashing attacks in broad arcs for good crowd control, so that would place Nobushi, Lawbringer and Jiang Jun in the polearm category.

While spears are mid range weapons that are good for close range. Unlike the polearm that is more about swinging because it has a curved blade, spears are more of a stabbing weapon because most of the power comes from the tip. So that would put Valkyrie and Gladiator in the spear category, even though the weapon that Gladiator uses is called a Trident, which is a type of spear.

So to answer your question, is Nobushi a two-handed spear user? No not really Spears and Polearms are like cousins they can do the same type of moves, but one is really good at stabbing and the other is really good at slashing.

Hmmm good to know the differences, and it makes sense, but a lot of her moves are stab moves, also in close range spears weren't that powerful, unless it's being weilded like Valk does, a two handed spear wouldn't be better than a sword up close though, the reason the spear was superior was it's range, so I don't know if I would say they are good up close, that's just my opinion of what I know about weapons though, I could be wrong.

The reason I was bringing up Nobushi still sort of applies though, do you think they could make a 2 handed spear hero that wasn't just Nubushi 2.0? I imagine it would be a cross between her and the new Chinese monk.

Helnekromancer
09-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Hmmm good to know the differences, and it makes sense, but a lot of her moves are stab moves, also in close range spears weren't that powerful, unless it's being weilded like Valk does, a two handed spear wouldn't be better than a sword up close though, the reason the spear was superior was it's range, so I don't know if I would say they are good up close, that's just my opinion of what I know about weapons though, I could be wrong.

The reason I was bringing up Nobushi still sort of applies though, do you think they could make a 2 handed spear hero that wasn't just Nubushi 2.0? I imagine it would be a cross between her and the new Chinese monk.

I think they could if they actually tried, they could make a good spear user. You can look at a game like Nioh, in which if you choose the spear as a weapon it has 3 different stances, 3 different styles to use a spear. And I mention Nioh because it's similar to For Honor in which the combat is more realistic than fantasy.

If they made a hero like that now it would be a mix between the Monk and Highlander in which in you are switching from two handed to one hand. You don't have a shield anymore but you have your bracer similar to the Monk and centurion and you only use the bracer when going into one handed form.