PDA

View Full Version : Just How Much Is True?

tjbyrum1
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
How much of Assassin's Creed is true?

I totally understand it IS fictional, and all that good stuff, but I also know a LOT of it have to do with modern-day conspiracy theories. I ain't to knowledgeable in this, fill me in?

I know the Assassin's were real, the Hashshashin in the Middle East. I know the Templar were also real. Did they fight? What's up with this Freemason stuff? Are the Nazerim (I think is the Assassin's modern-day name) still around? What conspiracy theories link to AC games? What IS true? Tell me everything I need to know please! This is interesting to me... a lot.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2010, 03:31 PM
How much of Assassin's Creed is true?

I totally understand it IS fictional, and all that good stuff, but I also know a LOT of it have to do with modern-day conspiracy theories. I ain't to knowledgeable in this, fill me in?

I know the Assassin's were real, the Hashshashin in the Middle East. I know the Templar were also real. Did they fight? What's up with this Freemason stuff? Are the Nazerim (I think is the Assassin's modern-day name) still around? What conspiracy theories link to AC games? What IS true? Tell me everything I need to know please! This is interesting to me... a lot.

Justin125
11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Nothing is true; Everything is permitted

SlimeDynamiteD
11-06-2010, 03:35 PM
^ What he says

tjbyrum1
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
The games taught me that.

bmic31
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:
Nothing is true; Everything is permitted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
To give you a straight answer... It's a conspiracy!!
Jk. Seriously though I think most of it is based off of real historical points (kind of like the disclaimer at the beginning of the games?), and the fictional characters substitute real historical people of those times. Other then that a conspiracy theory is always just a theory until it's proven with actual EVIDENCE to be fact.

There have been other threads on this topic here in the past. If you're that curious try looking back a few pages.

Sparty2020
11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:
Nothing is true; Everything is permitted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That and Google is your friend

DarkicoN14
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
People places time and events are all true just not the story of ezio audtiore.

obliviondoll
11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I know in the first Assassin's Creed, every assassination target except the last is a known figure from history, and every one of them died under suspicious circumstances during the time the game is set. I'm pretty sure there were rumours at least of involvement with the Templars for most of them as well.

More to the point, the games tell you nothing is true. Believe them, and do your own research.

Grygier
11-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Historically from what i heard a lot of the assassin's targets were actual people that mysteriously vanished/died.

hm conspiracy... yeah assassin's creed takes a lot of actual conspiracy theories. the Templar are basically the Illuminati and they're goals of a new world order.

AubreyWilborn
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grygier:
Historically from what i heard a lot of the assassin's targets were actual people that mysteriously vanished/died.

hm conspiracy... yeah assassin's creed takes a lot of actual conspiracy theories. the Templar are basically the Illuminati and they're goals of a new world order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're refering to the targets from the first game-that's actually incorrect. Alot of the targets were real people, but few of them actually died mysteriously.

As for the OP'S question: there were Templars, and there were Assasins(hashashin). Besides that, this series of games is pretty much fiction. It's great fiction, though!