PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION][TRACK EDITOR][TRIGGERS][EVENTS][DATA SOURCES][TARGET SELECTION]Remember

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 06:53 PM
The ability to have tools that can choose a target such as
events, physics joints, vector object info, etc. remember their targets (such as the bike or rider)
when saved to favorites (and recalled), or shared with others as described here:

I think I heard about something like this in an interview for Rising once, but couldn't find it again:

The ability to create custom objects and logic circuits/programming in the editor,
and name & share them with other people to use in their tracks, in a sort of "Object Central".

If an object/circuit you created is used in someone else's level, your name should be added to
a menu of "object contributors" when you click on "more info" when highlighting a track,
showing the name of the custom object(s) that was/were used.
As well as a link to your custom objects/circuits you made available,
and another link to tracks that you have made.

A similar idea would be a new data source that will act as common targets such as
the bike, rider, etc., and contain all of their coordinate data, vector normals, etc. that would be
targeted by other tools, and can be included when choosing "extract function"
and can re-direct things targeting them, to their corresponding target (bike, rider, etc.)
automatically, without having to manually select the target in the 3d world.

This will make it so custom, compact modules can be made, shared as described above,
and easily dropped into a track and used by someone who maybe doesn't
have the experience with the editor to navigate sub-menus and
choose the correct targets to make a circuit work properly.

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Side note: I assume tags like [TARGET SELECTION] are more important than the short description in the title to Ubisoft/Redlynx? Are more tags better, or can there be too many? What about a title that entirely consists of tags? I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for the team to sort through.

UbiKeeba
09-21-2018, 06:22 PM
More tags are better. :) Thanks!