PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION][TRACK EDITOR][TRACK CENTRAL][CUSTOM OBJECTS]Sharing platform

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 06:34 PM
I think I heard about something like this in an interview for Rising once, but couldn't find it again:

The ability to create custom objects and logic circuits/programming in the editor,
and name & share them with other people to use in their tracks, in a sort of "Object Central".

If an object/circuit you created is used in someone else's level, your name should be added to
a menu of "object contributors" when you click on "more info" when highlighting a track,
showing the name of the custom object(s) that was/were used.
As well as a link to your custom objects/circuits you made available,
and another link to tracks that you have made.

fleskeknoke
09-19-2018, 10:04 PM
I think I heard something like that but I had forgotten about it.
Really hope they move forward with a "Object-Central", that's a great addition to the game.

Hairy Cabbage
09-20-2018, 04:51 AM
I don't think object sharing in terms of the editor was ever mentioned. You may be thinking of the ability to share customized rider pieces.

I mentioned in a suggestion post long ago the idea of creating a sort of economy based around buying and selling custom editor groups of objects and logic.

fleskeknoke
09-20-2018, 08:05 AM
I don't think object sharing in terms of the editor was ever mentioned. You may be thinking of the ability to share customized rider pieces.

Ahh... right, I think you are right!

I mentioned in a suggestion post long ago the idea of creating a sort of economy based around buying and selling custom editor groups of objects and logic.

It could be fun to use in-game currency to buy custom objects created by builders...never thought of that.

I think it would be better to just have a object-central just like TC, with voting and "this week top list" etc.
Anyway, stuff like this would create an even stronger community. Just to tinker away with something in the editor is seriously fun, but with a ObjCentrl to publish stuff to .... that would be simply awesome.

I'm not sure if Redlynx realise the potential of the editor...
It could be developed to be THE creative tool/ game-maker/ movie-maker/landscape builder etc for consoles.

attila-999
09-20-2018, 11:46 AM
never forget one thing: there are creatives / and non-creatives that can create despite all very good speed run and other ninja.

sharing creatives with non-creatives would be a major step forward, allowing them to fill tracks without creating objects.

it's the same for animations / me I do not like to break my brain thinking about animation, give me predefined animations and I put on my tracks .... this is the perfect example of the interest of sharing

fleskeknoke
09-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Yeah I agree Attila, an "Object-Central" would be as
important as TC was when it came to Evo I think.

UbiKeeba
09-21-2018, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback!