PDA

View Full Version : Gameplays-Trailers-Changes-thoughts?

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi there, firstly, it's a hard task for me to think of an appropriate title for this, lol, so deal with it....

There were a few things I wanted to...have more views on...

I'm liking the new face shader of Revelations, look more real, and Ezio's face in the new story trailer has changed quite a bit from the Combat trailer, he doesn't look like Osama anymore...

Moving on...
I've noticed that since after AC1, our 'ancestors' seem to forget pain, as in, in AC1, when Alta´r got hit, he clenched his teeth/jaws and made a low sounds showing agony, I haven't seen that in AC2 or Brotherhood, and doesn't seem to be there in Revelations, anybody miss Alta´r clenching his teeth when he gets struck/countered(the punch/kick in the stomach)?

I remember watch the gamescom trailer, Ezio zips across and catches onto a guard...and his face is emotionless, how is that? I thought they said AC:R was using mocap?

This:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298639_2364212027454_1314973975_2765380_2497187_n. jpg

Also, what do you think about the crowds being more alive, the stalker, the random quests, and the new story trailer..Ezio scratches himself...SO REAL!

I personally like these features, what do you think?

EDIT:Another question, in this trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2F2E1zhNZ0
We see Al Mualim lying on the floor and Ezio bringing him outside....is that pre-AC1 or post-AC1? AFAIR, Al Mualim died in the courtyard.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi there, firstly, it's a hard task for me to think of an appropriate title for this, lol, so deal with it....

There were a few things I wanted to...have more views on...

I'm liking the new face shader of Revelations, look more real, and Ezio's face in the new story trailer has changed quite a bit from the Combat trailer, he doesn't look like Osama anymore...

Moving on...
I've noticed that since after AC1, our 'ancestors' seem to forget pain, as in, in AC1, when Alta´r got hit, he clenched his teeth/jaws and made a low sounds showing agony, I haven't seen that in AC2 or Brotherhood, and doesn't seem to be there in Revelations, anybody miss Alta´r clenching his teeth when he gets struck/countered(the punch/kick in the stomach)?

I remember watch the gamescom trailer, Ezio zips across and catches onto a guard...and his face is emotionless, how is that? I thought they said AC:R was using mocap?

This:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/298639_2364212027454_1314973975_2765380_2497187_n. jpg

Also, what do you think about the crowds being more alive, the stalker, the random quests, and the new story trailer..Ezio scratches himself...SO REAL!

I personally like these features, what do you think?

EDIT:Another question, in this trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2F2E1zhNZ0
We see Al Mualim lying on the floor and Ezio bringing him outside....is that pre-AC1 or post-AC1? AFAIR, Al Mualim died in the courtyard.

KrYpToNiC95
10-05-2011, 04:19 AM
So far everything looks great, it is unfortunate about the photo that he has the emotionless face. I don't think that will be changed though. I have been stressing since the end of AC2 that crowds needed to go back to AC1 style and even better and it seems that from the podcast that EscoBlades had the other day, the developers have addressed that. My only concern and it has been raised a few times the last few weeks is the look of the textures from pictures and video's. In the video's the graphics look grainy and in this photo the tiles look very rough around the edges in their texture. What's your take on this do you think it could just be the resolution and perhaps an unfinished product. I even decided to watch the first bit of the E3 demo in the streets of Constantinople and I was pretty sure I could hear the voice of little children. Although they would be irrelevant why don't they just add children to add atmosphere and make the game more realistic because from AC1 to ACB they have made it out as if children never existed unless I am dreaming and haven't seen any. The background noises from the mosques seem to add more atmosphere as well as the waving carpets in the streets. With the scratching of Ezio's head it sounds like an awesome feature but where exactly did you find this info? Overall I think it will be better than ACB but it feels like nothing can top what we saw in AC2 because it had a feeling that none of the others could match. Everything in AC2 felt significant whereas in the other games you saw a monument and pretty much ignored it the AC2 database felt more thorough than the ACB one. With the random events that have been put in place have they hinted as to how many their are because I remember in Red Dead Redemption I did not even see more than 15 and there were over 100. The stalker also sounds great but I think that the whispers give it away too much but then again if it had no warning then we would just get frustrated every time. Lets just hope it pans out to be the best game in the series. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shobhit7777777
10-05-2011, 04:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">crowds being more alive, the stalker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you elaborate on the above please? I missed out on a lot of the dev interviews...what's a stalker? and does the crowd affect the gameplay in new ways?
Thanks

KrYpToNiC95
10-05-2011, 04:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">crowds being more alive, the stalker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you elaborate on the above please? I missed out on a lot of the dev interviews...what's a stalker? and does the crowd affect the gameplay in new ways?
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what we know the stalker seems to be this guy that runs up to you and attacks you. It was mentioned in a podcast the other day that It looked like this guy who was running up to Ezio asking for money however he attacked Ezio (not sure how many times) and he was left with like 2 health bars. So it could be just a single attack and he runs off, we don't know much but so far it sounds pretty promising.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 04:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
So far everything looks great, it is unfortunate about the photo that he has the emotionless face. I don't think that will be changed though. I have been stressing since the end of AC2 that crowds needed to go back to AC1 style and even better and it seems that from the podcast that EscoBlades had the other day, the developers have addressed that. My only concern and it has been raised a few times the last few weeks is the look of the textures from pictures and video's. In the video's the graphics look grainy and in this photo the tiles look very rough around the edges in their texture. What's your take on this do you think it could just be the resolution and perhaps an unfinished product. I even decided to watch the first bit of the E3 demo in the streets of Constantinople and I was pretty sure I could hear the voice of little children. Although they would be irrelevant why don't they just add children to add atmosphere and make the game more realistic because from AC1 to ACB they have made it out as if children never existed unless I am dreaming and haven't seen any. The background noises from the mosques seem to add more atmosphere as well as the waving carpets in the streets. With the scratching of Ezio's head it sounds like an awesome feature but where exactly did you find this info? Overall I think it will be better than ACB but it feels like nothing can top what we saw in AC2 because it had a feeling that none of the others could match. Everything in AC2 felt significant whereas in the other games you saw a monument and pretty much ignored it the AC2 database felt more thorough than the ACB one. With the random events that have been put in place have they hinted as to how many their are because I remember in Red Dead Redemption I did not even see more than 15 and there were over 100. The stalker also sounds great but I think that the whispers give it away too much but then again if it had no warning then we would just get frustrated every time. Lets just hope it pans out to be the best game in the series. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the crowd in AC1 actually was good, if we were fighting, they would run around "help murderer, murderer!" , "I saw what you did there!" in AC2 and B, and even in R in seems they just watch it like a spectacle, but that's how it is these days...

The whispers are necessary I feel, it's the same whispers that we hear in Brotherhood MP when our assailant is approaching us...otherwise...we'll be like....WTF just happened?

In the Assassin's Creed Revelations UK Story trailer, it shows Ezio standing at the plank in Masyaf(from where we do our first leap of faith in Ac1) and then zooming out, he scratches his shoulder...

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2F2E1zhNZ0 (scratch @ 00:23, lol)

KrYpToNiC95
10-05-2011, 05:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
So far everything looks great, it is unfortunate about the photo that he has the emotionless face. I don't think that will be changed though. I have been stressing since the end of AC2 that crowds needed to go back to AC1 style and even better and it seems that from the podcast that EscoBlades had the other day, the developers have addressed that. My only concern and it has been raised a few times the last few weeks is the look of the textures from pictures and video's. In the video's the graphics look grainy and in this photo the tiles look very rough around the edges in their texture. What's your take on this do you think it could just be the resolution and perhaps an unfinished product. I even decided to watch the first bit of the E3 demo in the streets of Constantinople and I was pretty sure I could hear the voice of little children. Although they would be irrelevant why don't they just add children to add atmosphere and make the game more realistic because from AC1 to ACB they have made it out as if children never existed unless I am dreaming and haven't seen any. The background noises from the mosques seem to add more atmosphere as well as the waving carpets in the streets. With the scratching of Ezio's head it sounds like an awesome feature but where exactly did you find this info? Overall I think it will be better than ACB but it feels like nothing can top what we saw in AC2 because it had a feeling that none of the others could match. Everything in AC2 felt significant whereas in the other games you saw a monument and pretty much ignored it the AC2 database felt more thorough than the ACB one. With the random events that have been put in place have they hinted as to how many their are because I remember in Red Dead Redemption I did not even see more than 15 and there were over 100. The stalker also sounds great but I think that the whispers give it away too much but then again if it had no warning then we would just get frustrated every time. Lets just hope it pans out to be the best game in the series. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the crowd in AC1 actually was good, if we were fighting, they would run around "help murderer, murderer!" , "I saw what you did there!" in AC2 and B, and even in R in seems they just watch it like a spectacle, but that's how it is these days...

The whispers are necessary I feel, it's the same whispers that we hear in Brotherhood MP when our assailant is approaching us...otherwise...we'll be like....WTF just happened?

In the Assassin's Creed Revelations UK Story trailer, it shows Ezio standing at the plank in Masyaf(from where we do our first leap of faith in Ac1) and then zooming out, he scratches his shoulder...

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2F2E1zhNZ0 (scratch @ 00:23, lol) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA, probably just for the cinematic. I forgot to mention this earlier but from 1:33-1:40 in that trailer Ezio's voice is just horrible. It sounds like the actor has used his normal voice. Not complaining but just bringing it up.

Sarari
10-05-2011, 06:04 AM
I would say AC1 was a more down-to-earth game. When I say that, I mean more realistic in almost everything. They might have improved the graphics but everything else about it is better IMO.

TorQue1988
10-05-2011, 06:35 AM
I don't think Ezio is scratching,if you remember in the gameplay trailer in Masyaf he was injured so my guess is that he feels pain in his arm ,so he covers it with his other hand.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 06:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
I don't think Ezio is scratching,if you remember in the gameplay trailer in Masyaf he was injured so my guess is that he feels pain in his arm ,so he covers it with his other hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh he is scratching, I have the whole video(800MB-ish) and I can CLEARLY see he's scratching.

Plus, it's daytime, Ezio had healed that night before killing Leandros, and the place we see him at is the Masyaf Fortress.

HAHA, probably just for the cinematic. I forgot to mention this earlier but from 1:33-1:40 in that trailer Ezio's voice is just horrible. It sounds like the actor has used his normal voice. Not complaining but just bringing it up.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, it's not a cinematic, Ezio is just standing while the player is in control, it's easy to tell the difference by looking.

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 12:35 PM
A little bit more facial animation during gameplay would be nice, but you should remember that Altair's expressions made him look silly more often than not.

Animuses
10-05-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
A little bit more facial animation during gameplay would be nice, but you should remember that Altair's expressions made him look silly more often than not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think so.

LightRey
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
A little bit more facial animation during gameplay would be nice, but you should remember that Altair's expressions made him look silly more often than not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think most of the times it made him look silly is because it was intended to be silly. He certainly didn't look silly when Christina died.

shobhit7777777
10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
@Kryptonic
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From what we know the stalker seems to be this guy that runs up to you and attacks you. It was mentioned in a podcast the other day that It looked like this guy who was running up to Ezio asking for money however he attacked Ezio (not sure how many times) and he was left with like 2 health bars. So it could be just a single attack and he runs off, we don't know much but so far it sounds pretty promising. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Thanks!

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I think most of the times it made him look silly is because it was intended to be silly. He certainly didn't look silly when Christina died. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm Light, we were talking about Alta´r's facial animations when he got hit in AC1...during GAMEPLAY...cutscene is a different thing altogether.

LightRey
10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I think most of the times it made him look silly is because it was intended to be silly. He certainly didn't look silly when Christina died. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Erm Light, we were talking about Alta´r's facial animations when he got hit in AC1...during GAMEPLAY...cutscene is a different thing altogether. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oops, sry.

...Alta´r had facial expressions?

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
...Alta´r had facial expressions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, look for gameplay or play Ac1 yourself from any point,engage in combat, get hit and see...

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm hoping the fact that the Stalker almost totally wipes out your health is an example of how they're stepping up the damage that enemies do.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm hoping the fact that the Stalker almost totally wipes out your health is an example of how they're stepping up the damage that enemies do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm, that's not confirmed, Calvarok, in the interview with Esco, he said that he only had 2squares of health, so we can't confirm if he'll instantly kill us....

Also- Requiescat in Pace, Steve Jobs :/

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:33 AM
I'm hoping the fact that the Stalker almost totally wipes out your health is an example of how they're stepping up the damage that enemies do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the GW2 avatar.

And I don't think the stalker wipes out your health like that...

AnthonyA85
10-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I hope we can turn off the whispering, so we don't know those stalkers are coming, since i don't think they'll show up on the mini-map (like the borgia curriers)

I think they might be replacing the pickpocket.

And if we have to go after curriers again, i hope they won't be muted this time. They were in ACB and that made them very hard to spot, so i hope we get to hear them this time, as we did in ac2.

dxsxhxcx
10-06-2011, 06:56 AM

let's hope you're right, and let's hope that they didn't stop only on this, but improved/added other elements to make combat harder..