PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION][TRACK EDITOR][DATA SOURCES]Random data source enable/disable

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 04:04 PM
It would be nice if the Random data source could be disabled
and it would pause it's sequence.

Example:

A Random data source has this sequence at the start of the track:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
If you let it play from the start, it will go in exactly that order
If you pause (disable) it at the start, and enable it 30 seconds later, it will play 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
If you let it play 1,2,3,4 from the start then disable it, then enable it 60 seconds later, it will finish the sequence of 5,6,7,8,9.

There should be an option to reset when enabled(or disabled) to restart the sequence.

Example:

A Random data source has this sequence at the start of the track:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
You let it play 1,2,3,4,5
You disable and reset
Next time you re-enable it starts playing: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Core2TOM
09-19-2018, 07:01 PM
my problem with the random datasource is that it's not really random. the algorythm starts simultaneously with the 3,2,1 GO counter. would it take too much performance to start the algorythm when you start the game or something like that?

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 07:15 PM
my problem with the random datasource is that it's not really random. the algorythm starts simultaneously with the 3,2,1 GO counter. would it take too much performance to start the algorythm when you start the game or something like that?

I would assume it is very difficult to have the algorythm start when you launch the game (you mean launch Rising, right? If you mean launch the track, that just starts the same problem 3 seconds earlier). Because (assuming levels are downloaded) every Random data source, for every track downloaded would have to be constantly running in the background of the game to maintain the sequence, even when you're just playing singleplayer, or building a track of your own. If levels are not downloaded, I don't even think it's possible.

This is a possible solution to have very random sequences:

A data source that shows the system clock of the platform you are on (xbox, ps4, pc, etc.)

For example, it could show the time of day in real life (including date),
possibly as a vector so elements could be extracted.

Or time passed since month/day/year, perhaps in seconds.

How it displays the time could be toggle-able (examples above).

This will help to:

Easily create very random seeds for the random data source (for skill games that don't use the bike)
Have tracks that change dynamically depending on the time of day they are played
much more that cannot be predicted

UbiKeeba
09-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Bullet points HYPE! Thanks!