PDA

View Full Version : Remove Deathmatch Playlist from Faction War

Illyrian_King
09-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Make it just playable in Custom Match (not completely removed), but keep it away from the Faction War window.

Tell me what you think about this.

It is de facto a dead mode, because it simply offers not enough. Skirmish is just a watered down version of Dominion. Elimination is basically the last 2min of every other 4vs4 mode. Not anything new.

When Breach comes out, people will just play Breach, Dominion and Duell/Brawl.

People hardly even play Tribute ... it also doesn't look good to new people, when it has constant low activity.

As I said, keep it for Custom Matches, as removing content is always dumb.

Maybe also make it a limited time game mode like Dance of Death, but keeping it on the War Screen is simply without any benefit.

Scrubnubloard
09-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Why? The scream isnt that cluttered. Also why would you want to remove a game mode when we have very limited game modes as there is. I also don't know what platform you play on because on xbox it says high for me.

UbiJurassic
09-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Make it just playable in Custom Match (not completely removed), but keep it away from the Faction War window.

Tell me what you think about this.

It is de facto a dead mode, because it simply offers not enough. Skirmish is just a watered down version of Dominion. Elimination is basically the last 2min of every other 4vs4 mode. Not anything new.

When Breach comes out, people will just play Breach, Dominion and Duell/Brawl.

People hardly even play Tribute ... it also doesn't look good to new people, when it has constant low activity.

As I said, keep it for Custom Matches, as removing content is always dumb.

Maybe also make it a limited time game mode like Dance of Death, but keeping it on the War Screen is simply without any benefit.

I can't say I quite understand the reasoning for wanting it removed from the online options. If players would like to queue into matchmaking for that playlist, then we want players to have that option without having to organize a custom match for it.

Illyrian_King
09-20-2018, 12:22 AM
I can't say I quite understand the reasoning for wanting it removed from the online options. If players would like to queue into matchmaking for that playlist, then we want players to have that option without having to organize a custom match for it.

Yes, at first it sounds a bit irritating, but look at it this way. Players simply don't queue for Deathmatch Playlist. I tried it my own, and after 20min I gave up waiting. Not because I wanted to play Elimination/Skirmish, but just to see if anybody is still there. These 2 modes are outdated and replaced by better modes, which already include their stuff or even a better version of them.

Skirmish is a smaller version of Dominion, people even didn't like at release ... I still remember all the forum posts.
Elimination is the last 2 min breaking of every other 4vs4 mode, and with Breach and Tribute, we have 2 more of them.

Of course you invested ressources into these 2 modes, but you also did so with 4vs4 Tournament. It didn't work out and so you removed it.

So if Deathmatch has (almost) no players, why still keep it on the War Screen? It would be better to focus the the player flow more into Duell/Brawl/Dominon/Breach (which received A LOT of sympathy among the community) and also Tribute (which also has potential), by having them see it on first sight. Reorganize the War Screen ...

There is no real "mess" on the War Screen, but people tend to oversee Tribute or Brawl ... heck, I often forget there is something else then Dominion, even I play since Beta. People need to see the good stuff more on first sight.

Deathmatch is a relic from the launch days ... the game simply doesn't need it anymore, because there is more and better content then it.

Also if it was a limited time event, people would most likely give it a shot again.

OoKaMi_79
09-20-2018, 12:42 AM
Do not remove those game modes, please

Make them available only in custom matches do not work because they don’t give any rewards and definitely without rewards is not worthy to spend time on them.

Instead of removing modes please improve matchmaking. And at least for PvE: After a search of 3 minutes without results create a new instance, simple as that. It is terrible to see matchmaking of 8 or 10 minutes! New instances will help on faster matchmaking for other users.

OoKaMi_79
09-20-2018, 12:54 AM
By the way: Smirmish is not a “smaller version of dominion” (that statement shows that you don’t play it), it has the buffs, more maps to play and the nature of the respawns allow to have duels over the whole map and not only in the same 3 points A, B and C.

A better option would be to suggest ways to make those modes more appealing....like best rewards or special orders (I know we already have some, but more could be better)

My suggestion would be to remove orders and create daily bonus instead. A factor of 1.25 for a specific mode each day, for example Monday-Brawl, making it generate 25% more rewards if you play that mode on Monday.....if you don’t want to play that mode you can continue in dominion getting the normal rewards. But I bet that daily bonus will increase the number of players in that specific mode.

Illyrian_King
09-20-2018, 01:59 AM
I played several matches at the release period, when there where still people playing it. For me it is a smaller Dominiom, as it is 4vs4 with no zones and much less minions. Eventhough there are buffs and some different respawns. These are just minor things ...
Look at the player activity, it's always low.

One could bring mode specific orders, but people would most likely do all the other orders instead ^^
I would be no exception.
I would actually be pisssed to be forced to play a mode i don't like, for some extra steel.

The activity is always low, you can't get a match, nobody talks about it, there are no new youtube videos from famous youtubers about it at all ...

Of course I don't want to call for removal of a mode, that people actually like. But I simply don't have that feeling.

Soldier_of_Dawn
09-20-2018, 05:19 AM
Perhaps the developers should consider increasing the rewards for low activity game modes to see if things pick up. Some players are more motivated by rewards rather than the game mode itself. I enjoy Tribute but during double xp and steel events I go to the greatest giver which is Dominion. The other issue with Tribute is, again, the low activity so I don't always get to play it, especially if I want a quick match.

Illyrian_King
09-20-2018, 12:00 PM
Perhaps the developers should consider increasing the rewards for low activity game modes to see if things pick up. Some players are more motivated by rewards rather than the game mode itself. I enjoy Tribute but during double xp and steel events I go to the greatest giver which is Dominion. The other issue with Tribute is, again, the low activity so I don't always get to play it, especially if I want a quick match.

I know some other players, but nobody of them really looks on the rewards. 50 Steel is almost nothing nevertheless, so I and these guys too just look for the mode which is most fun. Dominion is played, because it is most fun of what we have now. I am pretty sure, Breach will rock the stage like no mode before. Most people simply love it!

Look at Duell. Not very rewarding for the time invested, but it has at least medium-high activity. People often just want to relax in 1vs1. The match reward is just a pint for an empty glass. The Orders are mostly open for every mode, and people show which modes they like.

As I said ... it would annoy me having to play a mode I don't like for some better steel rewards.

HazelrahFirefly
09-20-2018, 04:25 PM
That's YOU though... I an delighted when there is a Deathmatch order because it means I can usually find a game.

On the other hand, Dominion is a trash mode that should be deleted. Starting in S8 they should just get rid of it and bump up rewards for Tribute and Deathmatch; you know, the modes that are anything but pure, boring deathballs.

CandleInTheDark
09-20-2018, 04:28 PM
The devs said last week that they are working on seeing if they can put in a time played bonus in all modes as they are dropping with arcade and breach. If this drops we will see if this helps games like deathmatch and tribute which currently can last as long as dominion (or longer if tribute goes to overtime since just getting there is longer than the average dominion match in pvp let alone ai which still gets similar if not more reward and is held as the best for power grinding) with less rewards.

OoKaMi_79
09-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Please Ubisoft take in consideration that low number of players in a specific mode does not strictly mean that players don’t like it. In the current state we all know that dominion has more players and matchmaking is faster, and that is why we also play dominion (even when we would prefer to play tribute or skirmish).

If all the modes could take the same amount of time to find a match I’m sure that most of the modes would have a good amount of players.

Illyrian_King
09-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Please Ubisoft take in consideration that low number of players in a specific mode does not strictly mean that players don’t like it. In the current state we all know that dominion has more players and matchmaking is faster, and that is why we also play dominion (even when we would prefer to play tribute or skirmish).

If all the modes could take the same amount of time to find a match I’m sure that most of the modes would have a good amount of players.

Well I don't want to be the Booo-man, but the player activity doesn't lie. It's no uninfluencal indicator that is like this for no reason. The matchmaking in Dominion is faster, because people simply prefere it, and that's why there is more activity.

The reward is no reason, because you will never get a good amount of steel just by completing matches. The orders do it.

DefiledDragon
09-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Well I don't want to be the Booo-man, but the player activity doesn't lie. It's no uninfluencal indicator that is like this for no reason. The matchmaking in Dominion is faster, because people simply prefere it, and that's why there is more activity.

The reward is no reason, because you will never get a good amount of steel just by completing matches. The orders do it.

The only reason I play Dominion over other modes (even against bots) is because you get more XP, more steel and more troops at the end of the game. If they brought the other 4 v 4 modes into line with Dominion when it comes to rewards, they would probably be more popular but when you monetise your in game currency, as they have with this game, people are going to grind whatever is most efficient.

Illyrian_King
09-20-2018, 11:16 PM
The only reason I play Dominion over other modes (even against bots) is because you get more XP, more steel and more troops at the end of the game. If they brought the other 4 v 4 modes into line with Dominion when it comes to rewards, they would probably be more popular but when you monetise your in game currency, as they have with this game, people are going to grind whatever is most efficient.

That might be you. I just tell what I think, and the people I talk with.

After match steel difference is not mentionable. There is a bit more XP for Dominion, that's true. But almost nobody plays Dominion for the Troops ... most people in general don't care about deploying them.

Look at it back during the launch days ... first Elimination and Skirmish where two seperated modes. Even during the launch period (where every mode was new) it was hard to find a match for them. After a few months Skirmish was completely abandonned, while Elimination still had a few players left. So the devs decided to merge both modes into our today's "Deatmatch Playlist", what caused quiet some heat in the forum about people wanting to "play Elimination and not Skirmish" :rolleyes:

There should have been better activity, because of combined forces, but it just remained low, while Dominion was the all-time peak and kept the game alive.

Even if try, I can not find a famous youtuber or streamer doing a Deathmatch nowadays. Of course the mode is not "dead", because there are still some people defending it, but seemingly not enough to get a match in less then 30min.

The only thing I really don't get is why people left Tribute. This one has potential ...

OoKaMi_79
09-20-2018, 11:44 PM
Illyrian, othe users and myself already tried to explain our point of view but you have your own.

I think a fair think that Ubisoft could do is to create a survey for all the users to assign a score to every game mode, without taking in consideration number of players, time of matchmaking or rewards.....considering only the fun we get from the game modes.

If you have read other posts here in the forums you can find that there are some discontent also with dominion due to ganking and the nature of the game mode itself, so I’m sure that it is not the most favorite mode and it is favored in part to the faster matchmaking and number of players....

But again, that is only perception....if Ubisoft could do a survey based as I already explained above I believe we could have a better sense from all the community

CandleInTheDark
09-21-2018, 12:21 AM
The only thing I really don't get is why people left Tribute. This one has potential ...

Tribute is definitely my group's game though Breach is very much going to take over, but as far as I see there are a few things that might turn players off.

No voip in pug teams, this gives premades like my group on discord an advantage in a large way and I think with Breach coming it is something the devs need to work on getting working on dedicated servers.

Some people don't seem to want to play the objective, which is fine, I just wish those who took to dominion would play skirmish, since that is what they are playing, but dominion has become pretty much skirmish with zones you maybe think about if you can't keep every player down in constant 4v1's.

And some of it will be xp and not just for matchmaking time, the most efficient means of getting xp is in dominion PvAI (with champions status around 700xp for 4-5 minutes if you have a good team), second is dominion PvP (around 900xp for let's say seven to ten minutes), tribute you get around 500xp and they can go the full ten minutes and take up some part of the two minutes overtime. This is a problem, some people want to hit the rep cap, others, like me having come from xbox to PC, are working up new characters, even if tribute was well populated I would have to first have my characters repped up because gear (currently) matters to a large extent and we have to see if and how much that changes come October. This is why I believe that if the devs can get an xp weighting based on time played as they said they might try to work in given they have it for Arcade and Breach it might help some game modes, personally I would hope to see people who mainly play Breach use tribute as their short match option.

There is also the fact that streamers don't play it and people have a sheep mentality when it comes to streamers, which is why Ubisoft need to get both the rewards (which it sounds like they might) right in Breach and appeal to the competitive community with it if it is going to stay high activity.

Chobbsy99
09-21-2018, 12:50 AM
What are you talking about? Dead mode? I spent all evening playing it with a buddy. Matchmaking never took longer than 2 mins. Itís my favourite mode Ė the spawns encourage duelling and itís great with friends.

Removing it would make my gaming experience worse (Iím on Xbox btw)

Tribute is dead. Constant low activity. Such a shame, itís another brilliant mode. Dominion is the worst 4v4 mode by a mile, it makes me so sad that itís the most played.

Illyrian_King
09-21-2018, 01:11 AM
Illyrian, othe users and myself already tried to explain our point of view but you have your own.

I think a fair think that Ubisoft could do is to create a survey for all the users to assign a score to every game mode, without taking in consideration number of players, time of matchmaking or rewards.....considering only the fun we get from the game modes.

If you have read other posts here in the forums you can find that there are some discontent also with dominion due to ganking and the nature of the game mode itself, so I’m sure that it is not the most favorite mode and it is favored in part to the faster matchmaking and number of players....

But again, that is only perception....if Ubisoft could do a survey based as I already explained above I believe we could have a better sense from all the community

Such a survey would indeed be a really cool idea, but first I would even be glad to see that S6 state of balance for fox sake ^^

Tribute is definitely my group's game though Breach is very much going to take over, but as far as I see there are a few things that might turn players off.

No voip in pug teams, this gives premades like my group on discord an advantage in a large way and I think with Breach coming it is something the devs need to work on getting working on dedicated servers.

Some people don't seem to want to play the objective, which is fine, I just wish those who took to dominion would play skirmish, since that is what they are playing, but dominion has become pretty much skirmish with zones you maybe think about if you can't keep every player down in constant 4v1's.

And some of it will be xp and not just for matchmaking time, the most efficient means of getting xp is in dominion PvAI (with champions status around 700xp for 4-5 minutes if you have a good team), second is dominion PvP (around 900xp for let's say seven to ten minutes), tribute you get around 500xp and they can go the full ten minutes and take up some part of the two minutes overtime. This is a problem, some people want to hit the rep cap, others, like me having come from xbox to PC, are working up new characters, even if tribute was well populated I would have to first have my characters repped up because gear (currently) matters to a large extent and we have to see if and how much that changes come October. This is why I believe that if the devs can get an xp weighting based on time played as they said they might try to work in given they have it for Arcade and Breach it might help some game modes, personally I would hope to see people who mainly play Breach use tribute as their short match option.

There is also the fact that streamers don't play it and people have a sheep mentality when it comes to streamers, which is why Ubisoft need to get both the rewards (which it sounds like they might) right in Breach and appeal to the competitive community with it if it is going to stay high activity.

The feedback for Breach was overwhelmingly positive, looking away from some rebalance suggestions here and there. I think it will steal Dominion pretty much of his waist fat ...
It is really fun, as it is basically just everything from all other modes + more and better stuff and new mechanics in 30min matches, what people have been asking for since always.

But I really know what you mean by advantage in communication. I have won quiet some matches with friends, who don't even play too good, just because of superior coordination.

Well of course Dominion isn't perfect. Sometimes I get more often in trouble by my own "teammates" then by my enemies ^^
But in all the Skirmish matches I had (which is quiet a time ago), this was the definition of a gank fest. Right because there are no objectives. Just a big clutch in the middle of the map and Revenge flashes popping up everywhere, especially considering how easy it was to go on revenge in that time :rolleyes:

I agree, that increasing the rewards might help, but I still doubt that it might really cause a serious change.
Let's see if the devs are really gonna increase it, and what happens then ... I am curious about this myself.

Tribute has had it's honey moon phase, and it came in a time where people desperatly cried for a new game mode. It seems like people simply played it hard for a short time till they had enough and never came back. The activity was "very high".

I think Tribute and Duell are very good ways to bring a change from Dominion depending on the mood.
Duell runs well, while Tribute should be in a better state ... maybe really with better rewards. I hope so!

I still guess with Breach, people will turn away even more from all the other modes, since there are whole galaxies between Breach and all the other 7-8min matches we have. You never come to a point, where a decision is really important, because you don't have to life with it for longer then a hand full of minutes.
If you do some strange sh*t in Breach, it can change the dynamism of the whole remaining 20min ... all that despite the fact, that it feels like a real battle with real soldiers for the first time and is absolutely gorgeous to watch!

Also think about how unnessecary grinding will become with the Marching Fire update, since with the new Perk System gear matters even much less.
Many people (including myself) claim that they never had such fun playing For Honor before Breach.
People will even more play for enjoyment and not for grinding purposes.

I think the only thing that can harm Breach is the fact, that it comes with only 3 maps.
I see a link to how harmful it was for Dominon at launch to come with only 6 maps, while even 2 maps (Riverfort and High Fort) where removed for 1-2months for any technical problems ...
I understand how much work it has to be creating maps of that size, but still it doesn't change the fact.