PDA

View Full Version : 8 players battle royale!

Corentin10111
09-19-2018, 09:06 AM
I understand that having more than 8 players at the same time would be a technical problem.
So what do you guys think about a 8 players battle royale?

Yuoru
09-19-2018, 09:24 AM
Wouldn't that be just a normal deathmatch? There isn't any weapons etc. to collect.

Siegfried-Z
09-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Wouldn't that be just a normal deathmatch? There isn't any weapons etc. to collect.

There it is a classic 4v4.
I gess he speaks about 8 players all ennemies. No team.

Like the idea

Corentin10111
09-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Yep exactly Siegfried-Z, not a team deathmatch but a good everyone vs everyone untill there is one last warrior standing.

SangLong524
09-20-2018, 11:13 AM
i dont see the appeal. We can barely hold ourselves in a 4vs1. what are the chances that all 7 of them gang up on one they dont like or find certain heroes too problematic to let someone deal with 1 on 1?
Maybe they can make it a event mode, only available for a time.

Capoupacap
09-20-2018, 11:52 AM
A twist around the carrousel of death that way would defenitly be nice 😊

HazelrahFirefly
09-20-2018, 04:38 PM
This should at least be an option for Custom. I would love to have my team all try and kill one another for laughs.

Baggin_
09-20-2018, 05:45 PM
I can see it.

Everyone spawns unarmed, weapons are on the ground throughout the map. Whatever weapon you find and pick up you get the move set for that character.

Feats are also pick ups.

Before that match starts you select your built type (Damage, defense, ect)
The more people you eliminate, the more your build levels up.

The map is littered with AI and tough ones at that. Killing them grants small amounts of xp for your build.

Go till there's only one left.

DefiledDragon
09-20-2018, 08:41 PM
I can see it.

Everyone spawns unarmed, weapons are on the ground throughout the map. Whatever weapon you find and pick up you get the move set for that character.

Feats are also pick ups.

Before that match starts you select your built type (Damage, defense, ect)
The more people you eliminate, the more your build levels up.

The map is littered with AI and tough ones at that. Killing them grants small amounts of xp for your build.

Go till there's only one left.

Haha, I can just picture Shinobi dragging Highlander's sword behind him like he's moving a concrete fence post.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-21-2018, 01:18 AM
I think ubi has to try this and see. If it does work we could have epic battles like 16v16

Corentin10111
09-21-2018, 09:06 AM
If it does work we could have epic battles like 16v16

First line of the first comment: " I understand that having more than 8 players at the same time would be a technical problem."
I think everybody would love it but take 5 sec to read the thread before writing dude...

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-21-2018, 02:17 PM
First line of the first comment: " I understand that having more than 8 players at the same time would be a technical problem."
I think everybody would love it but take 5 sec to read the thread before writing dude...
So because it would be a technical problem means it can't be done? P2p was a technical problem. Guess they should smash the servers cuz technical problems are impossible to solve. Think about what you write dude and try not to be so pompous.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Yeah a Highlander with Shinobis weapon. :nonchalance:

Helnekromancer
09-22-2018, 12:43 AM
People have been asking for a Free-For-All / Last Man Standing game mode since the DLC heroes were released.

No one wants to play on a team, unless you are a premade but there's more solo than premades in this game.

Where do players go when they just want to turn off their brain and kill everything in sight?

1v1? Yea good luck feinting 6 times to land a hit,
AI? Unless they are lvl 3 it's a snore
4v4? Constantly in fear of getting ganked and having your blocking reticle have a panic attack because the enemy is spamming unblockables and the system just can't keep up and bombed to death is so relaxing...
And Don't even get me started on Ranked Tournament

Why can't they just drop 8-10 players on a map and have them scrap? No gear stats, no feats, maybe pick ups, no teams, just you and your weapon that's it.. That's all it takes for me to play For Honor for long periods of time and have fun, instead of doing orders and going back to Spiderman/Monster Hunter or watching Netflix and Anime. At one point I would play this game non stop after work for over year but now I can hardly play for an Hour or two because every match is so frustrating and cheesy, I have to constantly be on my A game just to win a game.

Like right now the event game mode is Carousel of Death, the closest thing to a Free-For-All but they insists on being on teams so what happens? Can't even get a full lobby (On console) so one team is stuck with a bot (THAT ISNT LVL3) and they lose because 1 by 1 you just get ganked. One of the biggest problem in this game that keep people on the fence is ganking and the event mode is just getting ganked but you can't run away and regroup so you're stuck getting your *** pounded.

Corentin10111
09-22-2018, 11:16 AM
So because it would be a technical problem means it can't be done? P2p was a technical problem. Guess they should smash the servers cuz technical problems are impossible to solve. Think about what you write dude and try not to be so pompous.

I'm sorry, i didn't have to be so virulent. I like the idea but is just that they probably said a hundred times now that they can't do it.

ishisan4902
09-22-2018, 11:22 AM
How about last Man standing but once you lock on one person and if he locks on to you that person can't be attacked by another player. I know it's gonna be hard to make but what if they both get invincibility from any damage from another player until they finish their match. So locking would be like a duel challenge accepted feature.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-23-2018, 03:25 PM
How about last Man standing but once you lock on one person and if he locks on to you that person can't be attacked by another player. I know it's gonna be hard to make but what if they both get invincibility from any damage from another player until they finish their match. So locking would be like a duel challenge accepted feature.
It would be like the "out of phase" 1v1 feat for dominion I've posted before that everyone would have as their first feat.

Dry.Fish
09-23-2018, 04:08 PM
I don't like anything BR. But what's to stop someone from running around until the final 1v1 and abusing feats? What kind if map size would this be?

Corentin10111
09-24-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't like anything BR. But what's to stop someone from running around until the final 1v1 and abusing feats? What kind if map size would this be?

Yep i'm not a fan of the actual BR style either, but here it would'n be tens of players on a big map with random weapons. I think we would need some kind of arena/corridor or a map getting smaller with the time. Not sure about that..