PDA

View Full Version : Will 4.03 be the last patch that Squadrons fly together?

AH_BlueKestral
02-02-2006, 01:14 PM
S! all. I wrote this post over my concerns on what happens to FB+AEP+PF after 4.03. I am grateful that Mr.Maddox will be adding three new add ons to this sim. What concerns me is the possibility that not everyone will want the PE2 add on. With my rough understanding of post over at SimHQ. The new add on will have its bells and whistles and a new patch For example 4.04. If one does not buy the new add on. No 4.04. I remember when Aces Expansion pack came out here in the U.S. In all it took about a month or two to get eveyone up to speed. Not all of our members are from the US and those members had a rough time finding AEP. Some members bought that expansion for others. Which I thought was really cool( _AH_AXE). So if the other two add ons follow suite. Will my Squadron all want the other add ons. Patch 4.05
and patch 4.06. I have no doubt that the add ons will be up to par. I just wonder if 4.03 will be the last patch my Squadron flies together. Any sensible replies will be appriceiated. Post you opinons of what you Squadron may do as well S!
Fly with Honor!

AH_BlueKestral
02-02-2006, 01:14 PM
S! all. I wrote this post over my concerns on what happens to FB+AEP+PF after 4.03. I am grateful that Mr.Maddox will be adding three new add ons to this sim. What concerns me is the possibility that not everyone will want the PE2 add on. With my rough understanding of post over at SimHQ. The new add on will have its bells and whistles and a new patch For example 4.04. If one does not buy the new add on. No 4.04. I remember when Aces Expansion pack came out here in the U.S. In all it took about a month or two to get eveyone up to speed. Not all of our members are from the US and those members had a rough time finding AEP. Some members bought that expansion for others. Which I thought was really cool( _AH_AXE). So if the other two add ons follow suite. Will my Squadron all want the other add ons. Patch 4.05
and patch 4.06. I have no doubt that the add ons will be up to par. I just wonder if 4.03 will be the last patch my Squadron flies together. Any sensible replies will be appriceiated. Post you opinons of what you Squadron may do as well S!
Fly with Honor!

Skycat_2
02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
If your squad has strong internal communication and is organized, I don't see why the commercial add-on(s) has to break it up. I currently have a version of FB 2.04 and a version of PF 4.02m on my harddrive and both will connect to the net. I realize that making a copy of PF v4.03m requires HD space, but it could be the best short-term solution for your squad if your Pe-2 inclined colleagues are willing to make that compromise -- at least until Pe-2 comes down to a price where the balance of the squad is willing to make it the standard.

My other thought is: if your squad never flies Eastern Front scenarios but you have guys who want the Pe-2s, then maybe its best to let them follow their hearts even if it means they have to muster out of your 'squadron.' Set an empty place for them at the Officer's Mess and offer a toast to their memory ... and then get busy training the new guys fresh from the 'Repo Depot.'

|CoB|_Spectre
02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Based on a post in another forum by someone who's had a working association with Maddox Games, he envisions the three addons as requiring each one to get the next one. In other words, if you desire the planeset for addon#3, you'll have to have bought addons #1 and #2. While this has not been officially mentioned by the developer to my knowledge, he probably has a better feel for this than those of us who have not worked with the developer. In any event, online compatibility is a big question.

VW-IceFire
02-02-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm also guessing there will be a platinum DVD release with everything in one box. But yes, I also heard that there would be the 3 addons and they would release separately but you'd need all of them in series to use the later one (i.e. you can get just #1 or #1 and #2 but you can't just get #3). Honestly I think they should just sell them in one pack.

JG53Frankyboy
02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
werent there the same discussions before the FB, AEP and PF releases ?

WWSensei
02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Our squad has been in existence since 1992. I doubt the demise of the IL2 would have any effect.

LEXX_Luthor
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
The ones flying "Pe-2" can still fly old "Pe-1" version (whatever) with those who don't want to upgrade.

Grey_Mouser67
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
I am wondering...given the smallish nature of the addons...if Oleg won't offer the add ons in download format? Especially given the issues he had with his distributor trying to get them to allow him to offer the eastern front sim to the western front....

Hopefully we will get more info after the patch is released.

Bearcat99
02-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I really doubt it.. and since from what I understand the addons will have new content.... not just missions and such.. I cant see anyone not getting them. unless they are overpriced.... I will be getting each one gauranteed.

vraf79cfb
02-03-2006, 07:06 AM
~S~
79vraf will be staying up to date with all addons.

Philipscdrw
02-03-2006, 07:17 AM
I will steal kidneys from my family to pay for the addons, if necessary.