PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi

OhHowSheGoingEh
09-19-2018, 02:22 AM
What's the point on the hidden stance? Everytime I successfully use it to dodge an attack I get hit by the next attack in their combo, it doesn't matter if I try to kick or throw a light out right after the dodge their attack always beats me.
I would dodge more after my hidden stance but every single time I do that the enemy magical knows I'm going to dodge and GBs me. Can someone explain what the purpose of hidden stance does cause all it does for me is get me killed. Btw I'm rep 6 with her.

Erhanninja
09-19-2018, 02:46 AM
Iím rep 57 and I can tell you purpose of HS is no more. No purpose to it. Nobushi has been nerfed hard.

Itís extremely stamina consuming first of all. Can only use it like twice then OOS but other heroes can do CC attack like 20 times.

Even if you successfully dodge with HS most of the roster has fast light attacks so second light will hit you. Or sorry he has HA so you take more damage even though you played better.

They just made the game spam of UB and HA. Keep going Ubi.

OhHowSheGoingEh
09-19-2018, 03:15 AM
That's...
Disappointing.

Corentin10111
09-19-2018, 09:19 AM
I'm a rep 20 nobishi and the HS is doing the job for me. Ok it is not as strong as it could be and fast attackers don't have to fear it too much, but without it she would be completly worthless.

Klingentaenz3r
09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
I’m rep 57 and I can tell you purpose of HS is no more. No purpose to it. Nobushi has been nerfed hard.

It’s extremely stamina consuming first of all. Can only use it like twice then OOS but other heroes can do CC attack like 20 times.

Even if you successfully dodge with HS most of the roster has fast light attacks so second light will hit you. Or sorry he has HA so you take more damage even though you played better.

They just made the game spam of UB and HA. Keep going Ubi.

Wow. almost rep 60 and has no idea and how to use HS? That is sad. OP don't listen to this guy. It seems to me this one does not know what he is talking about and at most know his character only on the surface. Shameful, really. As one who spend such an amount of time on a character you would expect a much more reflected and insightful feedback towards your options.

However, what this guys says about the high stamina costs is of course true, BUT HS is still one of the most powerful defensive moves in the game and that is what his post is missing to point out. His remaining points are just merely admissions that he apparently has not much of an idea what his opponents are capable off and as a result gets punished.

But coming back to your situation: When you use Hidden stance most incoming attacks are naturally whiffs and hence follow ups are slower than a normal chain which is often more than enough to get in there with a light attack yourself.
If you have an opponent let's say such as a warden who attempted to throw a double side light at you and hence whiffs the first and throws another right after due to his input buffer there is indeed only a little time window BUT you could still use the immediate dodge properties you have and side dodge out of hidden stance and hence throw a dodge attack with it as well. My guess towards your discription OP would be that you might do it too slow? Like hiddenstance get to normal stance then dodge? A video of your fights would help to see what might go wrong.

Anyhow, I leave you a link to a very good guide so that you can actually learn of Nobushi's potential and hopefully grow from there instead of throwing the ball like that guy before.

https://youtu.be/lJPAgP1sm8U?t=327

and here a little montage from the same guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsERZSOWmQY

GL & HF

Corentin10111
09-19-2018, 10:35 AM
If you have an opponent let's say such as a warden who attempted to throw a double side light at you and hence whiffs the first and throws another right after due to his input buffer there is indeed only a little time window BUT you could still use the immediate dodge properties you have and side dodge out of hidden stance and hence throw a dodge attack with it as well.

I must admit that i never use this double dodge.. Still useless against the triple orochi's light but wow, it is such a good move!

AramenThePiper
09-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Nobushi's problem right now is the lack of viable openers.
HS lets you punish a wide variety of attacks, but you cannot punish things like Conq Shield Bash or any other fast unblockable bash opener due to HS having slow follow ups.

iadvisoryi
09-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Wow. almost rep 60 and has no idea and how to use HS? That is sad. OP don't listen to this guy. It seems to me this one does not know what he is talking about and at most know his character only on the surface. Shameful, really. As one who spend such an amount of time on a character you would expect a much more reflected and insightful feedback towards your options.

However, what this guys says about the high stamina costs is of course true, BUT HS is still one of the most powerful defensive moves in the game and that is what his post is missing to point out. His remaining points are just merely admissions that he apparently has not much of an idea what his opponents are capable off and as a result gets punished.

But coming back to your situation: When you use Hidden stance most incoming attacks are naturally whiffs and hence follow ups are slower than a normal chain which is often more than enough to get in there with a light attack yourself.
If you have an opponent let's say such as a warden who attempted to throw a double side light at you and hence whiffs the first and throws another right after due to his input buffer there is indeed only a little time window BUT you could still use the immediate dodge properties you have and side dodge out of hidden stance and hence throw a dodge attack with it as well. My guess towards your discription OP would be that you might do it too slow? Like hiddenstance get to normal stance then dodge? A video of your fights would help to see what might go wrong.

Anyhow, I leave you a link to a very good guide so that you can actually learn of Nobushi's potential and hopefully grow from there instead of throwing the ball like that guy before.

https://youtu.be/lJPAgP1sm8U?t=327

and here a little montage from the same guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsERZSOWmQY

GL & HF

Your opinion is unbelievably bias Lol, you're insane if you think it's one of "the best defensive moves in the game". Full block stances, armor, even if you know how to use trash aramushas hs on light attacks it can be more beneficial. Nobushi's hidden stance is far from useless I'll say that much, it's honestly the only thing making her viable. Hs heavy attacks and unblockables like caber Toss from Highlander, kicks from centurion, and almost everything from raider. It's all matchup related. Unfortunately she's super slow, stamina consuming, readable, parryable in every way. Her dmg and hs is the only thing keeping her afloat. But like I've been saying she needs new additions to her kit and more utility as an alternative to just speeding up her lights or kick

iadvisoryi
09-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Nobushi's problem right now is the lack of viable openers.
HS lets you punish a wide variety of attacks, but you cannot punish things like Conq Shield Bash or any other fast unblockable bash opener due to HS having slow follow ups.

Very true, she has no offense without defense

Klingentaenz3r
09-19-2018, 09:16 PM
you cannot punish things like Conq Shield Bash or any other fast unblockable bash opener due to HS having slow follow ups.

That is not true.

On all side dodge bashes you can perform easily all 3 standard options (excluding the dodge options for an easy showcase) - kick, light and heavy - on the conq as guaranteed punishes. On the front bash however it gets a bit tricky. Lights are not guaranteed that is correct. But you can land a kick and even a heavy if you time it right. The heavy is pretty tricky and works only if you react every fast on the forward movement of the conq (read based), the kick is a bit more forgiving but has has to be initiated quite early otherwise it can be dodged again. It is commonly known of course that the recovery for that shield bash is absurd and has to be adjusted ASAP.

Your opinion is unbelievably bias Lol, you're insane if you think it's one of "the best defensive moves in the game"

This is not really my opinion but a widely known fact. Maybe if you would look around in the competitive for honor subreddit or even on youtube you would know why.
I leave you a little link here for a video that is conveniently self explanatory so I don't have to write up the stuff myself. *god bless prince oreo*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5E3IOHl94w