PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Checkpoint selection

oO-shaolin-Oo
09-18-2018, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm playing trials since fusion (240h on it) and I would like to have a feature in rising that allow players to select any of the previous unlocked checkpoints.
Often when I want to train on a specific part of the track I'm forced to restart the whole track.
As an example the track in rising in the theme park starting with the pirate ship, there is a big slope before entering in a cave and if you have enought speed and do a good jump you can skip the next jump.
Here is a video for the part i'm talking about : https://youtu.be/sT9W9gH4NM4?t=3m49s
At 3:56 this jump can be avoid.
But if you miss the previous big jump you are forced to restart at the last checkpoint (the one at 3:54) or restart from the begining of the track.

On PS4 when you press circle button, you reset the track at the last checkpoint. It would be great if we can hold that button and then press L1 as many times as required to be "warp" to the desired checkpoint.
In my exemple I would select the checkpoint on the top of the slope and then I would try again the big jump.

Elipsys
09-18-2018, 01:49 PM
As long as you can only warp backwards, there would be no harm at all in implementing this.

Kotofei.
09-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Another example is checkpoint 3 on Skate or don't: when you're training to do bunnyhops on those platforms, you're forced to restart, instead of going back to checkpoint 2.
But I guess, that implementing such feature will take a lot of effort and it's not really needed as this issues could be resolved by changing places of checkpoints.

UbiKeeba
09-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! :)