PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION][TRACK EDITOR][STICKERS] Change stickers dynamically through events

giantmoosefan
09-18-2018, 08:15 AM
Stickers should be placeable through the editor on objects, including the rider and should be
able to be modified/have visibility toggled, through triggers/events/data sources.

Example 1 (scars on rider/stickers on clothing):

Place stickers that look like scars or torn clothing, onto the rider and turn their visibility off.
Then, use a data source to track faults, and when certain numbers are reached,
turn the visibility of individual stickers on.

Example 2 (shark taking a bite out of an object):
(go to original post for more info about the invisibility sticker)

Shark example: An object, for example a surfboard, can have an invisibility sticker on
it that is currently disabled, so the surfboard looks normal.
a shark can then swim up and bite the surfboard, at which point you would enable the invisibility sticker(s)
with triggers and events, making it look like the shark took a bite out of the surfboard.

Example 3 (zombie infection):

Place a sticker that looks like a rash/infection on the rider's skin.
As the infection grows (maybe related to a game variable data source set to 'time'), have events and (other) data sources
scale the sticker up in size/opacity, and turn more stickers visible.

Although some of the previous examples were about placing stickers on the rider,
where clothing/customization cannot be predicted, and sticker placement must be generalized
for example on the rider's neck for the zombie infection;
dynamic sticker modification should also be applied to objects placed in the editor.

UbiKeeba
09-18-2018, 03:21 PM
1) Thank you for this feedback. 2) Thank you for organizing your feedback in a way that's going to make it really easy to forward on to the team. You clearly read the "Read before posting" and it's paid off. Thank you SO MUCH!

giantmoosefan
09-19-2018, 02:35 PM
1) Thank you for this feedback. 2) Thank you for organizing your feedback in a way that's going to make it really easy to forward on to the team. You clearly read the "Read before posting" and it's paid off. Thank you SO MUCH!

No problem, I did read the "Read before posting" guidelines and I want to make the process as easy as possible for the team, to (hopefully) have my ideas read and considered.:D

Also I appreciate the replys from you so I know that these ideas are acknowledged, so thank you. :)

If I have an update to an existing idea, is it better to edit the original post, or post it as a reply to the thread (or both)?

Ironic edit: Will edits to old posts (days or weeks old) in the suggestions section (here or TTS forum) be noticed by Ubisoft/Redlynx? (Asking because edits don't seem to bump threads)

UbiKeeba
09-21-2018, 06:11 PM
You've done an amazing job with all of your posts, thank you!