PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real: Odyssey for PC only digital?!

Scystab
09-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Hey guys.

Help me out here. i'm scouting the gaming shops in my country to find out where I can get my physical PC copy of the game - I'm from Slovenia so that's a bit of a challange... and I want my game in a box :)
Anyway, to get to my point: one of the largest distributers of eletronics in my country claims they won't be selling it, cause the PC version will only be digital (and they don't do digital). Can anyone confirm/dispute that?

I have't seen any indications, that this year AC won't come on a disc for us PC lovers... Or am I going blind?

Thanks for your input! Can't wait to get my hands on the game.
/Scy

strigoi1958
09-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Hi Scy

I believe Origins was only available in digital form. I did write to a major game selling company suggesting that they sell the game on Usb sticks (for the price of the game code and the usb) so they would get 2 sales in one. Because there are still lots of people around the world with very slow broadband speed (My brother gets 2Mb). They thought it was a good idea but I don't think it will happen. I do not know about Odyssey, I just assume it is digital only as it was with Origins.

I think certain editions get a physical box but I think they include the code for digital download not a physical disk.

To be honest, I have not bought a physical disk in many years, when I finally gave in and bought a steam game I never bought another physical game again.

Kevinus86
09-18-2018, 12:17 PM
Hey guys.

Help me out here. i'm scouting the gaming shops in my country to find out where I can get my physical PC copy of the game - I'm from Slovenia so that's a bit of a challange... and I want my game in a box :)
Anyway, to get to my point: one of the largest distributers of eletronics in my country claims they won't be selling it, cause the PC version will only be digital (and they don't do digital). Can anyone confirm/dispute that?

I have't seen any indications, that this year AC won't come on a disc for us PC lovers... Or am I going blind?

Thanks for your input! Can't wait to get my hands on the game.
/Scy

Well, I did the same.
Conclusion, no disc for PC. not even within the collector editions. Whe will receive a download link with voucher for the game on PC
But there will be a physical steelbook inside the 3 collector editions (Meduse, Spartan, Pantheon),
this maybe without a disc or with, maybe only with the voucher code attached inside or not ?
But i think there will be only a steelbook without disc or voucher inside the collector editions.

But for Xbox there is also some issue, it's also a download without any physical content for the NOT collector editions..
but within the collector editions there is noticed you will receive a physical game in a seperate box next to the steelbook

PS4 will always get physical content

(Same issue (BUT Actually Worse) I had with Star Wars Battlefront II for PC, could only got a download voucher for the Standard EU version,
but on US soil there was a physical Deluxe version for PC.. totaly weird and not happy i couldn't order from there a physical Deluxe version to the EU for PC.
But the worst thing was I couldn't even order a download voucher for the Deluxe version for PC )

ProdiGurl
09-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Hi Scy

I believe Origins was only available in digital form. I did write to a major game selling company suggesting that they sell the game on Usb sticks (for the price of the game code and the usb) so they would get 2 sales in one. Because there are still lots of people around the world with very slow broadband speed (My brother gets 2Mb). .
I was getting less than 1Mb last year in Rural wine country in Calif. Insanely annoying and horrible. Satellite broadband is usually a bad joke too with horrible service and the companies mess with your service by lowering your available speed/overages, etc.
I've rented a new game, put it in my xb1 & it forced me to do a large Update (becuz you don't stay connected to internet to play games) - literally took all day & evening ruining my rental period.
SO irritating.

I LOVE the USB idea. They need to do this because way too many people suffer with horrible connection speeds. Luckily my speed was bumped up to 11/12 Mb, but it's still an issue too many times with losing connection constantly.

Scystab
09-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Hi Scy

I believe Origins was only available in digital form. I did write to a major game selling company suggesting that they sell the game on Usb sticks (for the price of the game code and the usb) so they would get 2 sales in one. Because there are still lots of people around the world with very slow broadband speed (My brother gets 2Mb). They thought it was a good idea but I don't think it will happen. I do not know about Odyssey, I just assume it is digital only as it was with Origins.

I think certain editions get a physical box but I think they include the code for digital download not a physical disk.

To be honest, I have not bought a physical disk in many years, when I finally gave in and bought a steam game I never bought another physical game again.

Thanks for your feedback. In regards to strigoi1958's first statement about Origins only being available digital for PC: I'm happy to report that is NOT true, as I myself own a physical PC copy. But It was a tremendeusly hard find - the page I ended up ordering was half english half romanian I think.. The cover of the box is not in english either but the atleast the game is. It sounds suspicious but it's legit.

If this is a simillar case for Odyssey, I can keep my hopes up!

PS: is there a chance a forum official could verify with "the higher-ups" if they have any knowladge on this topic?

Kevinus86
09-18-2018, 06:56 PM
To Scystab

Ubisoft still didn't anwher my message on FB about this issue, will there be or not a physical PC version inside the Collector Editions.
If you look online on the French ubisoft website, Dutch language (for me).
I can read there will be a game has physical content inside the Medusa and Spartan Edition.. but not in the Pantheon ?
In the text under the Pantheon you can read the PC game will only be available has download.
In my order information for the Pantheon I can read I can download the game a few days before 2th october through Uplay,
when the date switch to 2th October I can play the game, the DLC will be add automaticly then.
There will be a steelbook in every Collector Edition and a physical game for PS4 / Xbox in case with what you order.
Just hope there will be also a physical game for the PC inside,
but if they give me download links through Uplay it doesn't give me any good hope.

About your physical issue from Origins, it's well possible and prob legal.
I have also found one for Xbox/PS4 (I don't need)
Here in Belgium/Netherlands whe have a exclusive Omega Edition of the game,
only for PS4 and Xbox. It's a cheaper box than the Gold Edition (100) for 65
It gives a worldmap/ 32 page artbook, kronospackage, XP boost, drachme boost and the physical game.
(You can only buy it through Game Mania)

I guess the PC game you found of Origins will be also some kind of a local special edition,
like whe have this one for Odyssey PS4/Xbox overhere.

Such a Odyssey game would be at least also a cool add to the AC collection.
Give me a update if you find something.

My gameFB: Roger Van Raemdonck
(The Red Penguin)

Grtz

Kevinus86
09-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Did you check this, look at the end to see the versions:
EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=228&v=GmVF2tNStTY

After, look at this end to the versions:
US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-sCQnFX-uU