PDA

View Full Version : UQMG for PF

UberDemon
11-17-2004, 02:34 PM
UQMG for PF Announcement

Before anything else, Oleg, Ilya, etc... great stuff. Congrats on a great product. Please consider adding the new cargo load of the C-47 and variants by parachute to the Ju-52's, Fw-200, He-111s, and Me-323s as well for some interesting Stalingrad missions. If you need some screenshots of what the German cargo containers looked like, I can probably get some... it was something like a black hexagon cross-section that was about a person and a half's length with a white parachute.

To UQMG users:

First the bad news... I only got PF yesterday... so I could not have started UQMG work until now... plus I have been busy with real work, playing my guitar on a regular basis again, and finishing Star Wars BatleFront, and Call of Duty and its expansion.

Second bad news. It appears PF, at least the English/French/German version does not interpret Japanese characters from Unicode... hopefully the Japanese version does... it is a shame, because UQMB handles Japanese characters real well, and IL-2 handles all other characters (non-Asian), like Cyrillic, etc...

Here is the Huge amount of work that lies ahead... I am a one man team, so I have no idea when I'll accomplish everything.
- Verify new weapons in existing planes (there are some I noticed)
- Add new weapons to existing planes
- Verify new planes and note characteristics for builder and DB
- Identify all weapons and weapons codes for all new planes
- Add new tug/glider combo LD2+G-11 and LD2+Me321
- Add all new countries (for UQMG, UQMM and UQMB)
- Find out new plane's Skin sintax for dogfights and skins
- Add new regiment codes (this will be enourmous)
- Make all DB updates and possibly add new tables
- Create a few new Rule Sets for PF (potential)
- Add new Maps (this will be enormously huge work)
- Add new features to UQMG engine to handle:
- Parachute/No-Parachute
- Nose Art
- New waypoint sintax changes
- Kamikaze attack
- Carriers as bases
- Most likely I'll add
- DF feature tool... there are some things I did not include.
- Tutorials
- New Install package

Anyway, that is the update. Hope to be able to have some screenshots at some point. As always, best regards.

Best Regards
Demon/UberDemon

UberDemon
11-17-2004, 02:34 PM
UQMG for PF Announcement

Before anything else, Oleg, Ilya, etc... great stuff. Congrats on a great product. Please consider adding the new cargo load of the C-47 and variants by parachute to the Ju-52's, Fw-200, He-111s, and Me-323s as well for some interesting Stalingrad missions. If you need some screenshots of what the German cargo containers looked like, I can probably get some... it was something like a black hexagon cross-section that was about a person and a half's length with a white parachute.

To UQMG users:

First the bad news... I only got PF yesterday... so I could not have started UQMG work until now... plus I have been busy with real work, playing my guitar on a regular basis again, and finishing Star Wars BatleFront, and Call of Duty and its expansion.

Second bad news. It appears PF, at least the English/French/German version does not interpret Japanese characters from Unicode... hopefully the Japanese version does... it is a shame, because UQMB handles Japanese characters real well, and IL-2 handles all other characters (non-Asian), like Cyrillic, etc...

Here is the Huge amount of work that lies ahead... I am a one man team, so I have no idea when I'll accomplish everything.
- Verify new weapons in existing planes (there are some I noticed)
- Add new weapons to existing planes
- Verify new planes and note characteristics for builder and DB
- Identify all weapons and weapons codes for all new planes
- Add new tug/glider combo LD2+G-11 and LD2+Me321
- Add all new countries (for UQMG, UQMM and UQMB)
- Find out new plane's Skin sintax for dogfights and skins
- Add new regiment codes (this will be enourmous)
- Make all DB updates and possibly add new tables
- Create a few new Rule Sets for PF (potential)
- Add new Maps (this will be enormously huge work)
- Add new features to UQMG engine to handle:
- Parachute/No-Parachute
- Nose Art
- New waypoint sintax changes
- Kamikaze attack
- Carriers as bases
- Most likely I'll add
- DF feature tool... there are some things I did not include.
- Tutorials
- New Install package

Anyway, that is the update. Hope to be able to have some screenshots at some point. As always, best regards.

Best Regards
Demon/UberDemon

Gato__Loco
11-17-2004, 07:00 PM
You got lots of work to do! Good luck. I'm looking forward for your new UQMG.

Bearcat99
11-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Uber D no matter how long it takes it is always worth the wait. You consistently put out a great product and what the UQMG does for this series is immeasureable. The fact that you do it on your own time is priceless.

clint-ruin
11-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi demon,

PM me if you want the new planes/loadouts from .mis files listed or anything. Great news you are working on the new version.

tsisqua
11-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Great news, UD http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

thanks

Tsisqua

PriK
11-18-2004, 09:14 AM
UberDemon, let me just say that I especially have appreciated all of the work you've done since the beginning with UQMB. An incredible piece of work that brings the game to another level for guys like me (a gigging musician also) who don't have the time to build much in the way of missions and sometimes just want to jump in.

I hope you can find the time to work on the next version but understand if you can't either.

DarthBane_
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
You rock man. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mc_Wolf
11-18-2004, 06:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifFB should have QMG as UQMG

IDF_Raam
11-21-2004, 02:33 PM
thank you, much needed!