PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is Ubisoft's definition of 'On Parr'

HerrNein
09-18-2018, 02:00 AM
Ok, it might just be me here, but what, in the actual hell, is Ubisoft's definition of 'On Parr'?

So, I am confident it is not just me here, but there are times I just upload the game to unwind and play some dominion. The reoccurring issue, however, lately has been that my team might as well be made of paper. I literally get to que into maybe 1 out of 4 matches in Dominion where the team I get is actually able to be useful. Every other time, however, they literally evaporate on first contact with the enemy.

This also is not a scenario where we run into a fight and it's 2v3 or 4. It's often a 2v2 or 3v3 scenario. The issue i have been finding lately though is that while I might when my duel, or even be winning, my team is killed and executed within 10 seconds and I am either in a 1v2 or 1v3 scenario that I don't exactly have great odds of winning. From there, the rest of the team pretty much has similar performances which more or less make it impossible to for them to cap a defended point and the only kills they get are from ganking, usually from a player I am lining up to execute. The end result tends to be I find any dominion match in this scenario is just so lopsided, I don't see why -I- should be forced to suffer having to be with the other 3 on the team and see my K/D ratio washed down the drain so I can feed a pack of toxic deathstackers who still rely on spouting the words 'git gud' as their only comeback when I call them out for playing like a unskilled panzee (which they are since most of them -rely- on ganking and deathstacking)

So I am just going to say this, if I ended up having these matches but never had to see that 'On Parr' message in loading screen, I would not have as many issues. At least them when my team literally evaporates, it wasn't because they were actually a paper tiger. But no, I see that 'On Parr' skill thing, my team then proceeds to get roflstomped in their own 1 v 1 scenarios and I am lead getting deathstacked because Ubisoft decided to insult my intelligence and lie to me with letting me assume my team might not.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 02:31 AM
You "unwind" by playing Dominion? Do you cool yourself down on a hot day by leaping into an active volcano? Dominion is the epitome of everything that's "wrong" with this game. Not that I'm saying the game isn't enjoyable, but it's a salt mine and Dominion produces the purest salt of all.

When I want to unwind in the game, I browse executions for my favourite characters, or tinker with customisation or whatever. When I want to work myself up into a raging fury the like of which my neighbours have never heard, I play Dominion.

chukblok
09-18-2018, 03:11 AM
You "unwind" by playing Dominion? Do you cool yourself down on a hot day by leaping into an active volcano? Dominion is the epitome of everything that's "wrong" with this game. Not that I'm saying the game isn't enjoyable, but it's a salt mine and Dominion produces the purest salt of all.

When I want to unwind in the game, I browse executions for my favourite characters, or tinker with customisation or whatever. When I want to work myself up into a raging fury the like of which my neighbours have never heard, I play Dominion.

Love tinkering and browsing. I do that daily and it never gets old
So true about dominion. If I have a good dominion match I actually quit after to leave on a high note...because the next could make me stew for the day. Yet I keep doing it.