PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 lag compensation

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 01:42 AM
Stage 1 was implemented many moons ago. Any intention of following through ? Or will the usual sweep it under rug solution prevail ?

ChampionRuby50g
09-18-2018, 02:33 AM
Was thinking this the other day. Canít wait to receive the standard reply, and hear nothing again for months. Just like team shuffle.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 02:36 AM
What's this now?

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 03:25 AM
When the psuedo-devs finally realised their specially programmed advanced p2p wasn't working like they thought it would (surprise surprise) they eventually caved and implemented dedicated servers. Unfortunately they forgot about lag compensation that is standard in every game. So instead of doing it properly they decided to do it in stages (I know,right?) Stage 1 didn't actually fix anything,but simply hid it. I was just wondering if they were going to follow through on what was promised, or is it one of the many problems the psuedo-devs have already thrown in the 'too hard' basket. I don't really expect any answers to be honest. It's mainly to point out two things. 1. I read about people complaining about lag every day. I experience the effects of others lagging every single time I play. Not sometimes. Always. ubiSOFT have been aware of this for a very long time. They have had ample time to fix it ,or at the very least produce a stage 2 lag compensation. They haven't. The trend for the past year and a half with this mob is : If the devs lack the ability to fix or implement something it gets ignored and concentrate instead on something they can do.Like emotes,executions etc... To summarise: Lag is obviously here to stay. 2. To point out just how useless and pointless this forum actually is. No questions are answered in a straight forward honest way. Bring Back Team Shuffle

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 04:19 AM
Just came back from reddit. There are absolutely no plans on any more lag compensation. There will be no stage 2. So it's official. Lag is here to stay. Thanks

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 01:15 PM
When the psuedo-devs finally realised their specially programmed advanced p2p wasn't working like they thought it would (surprise surprise) they eventually caved and implemented dedicated servers. Unfortunately they forgot about lag compensation that is standard in every game. So instead of doing it properly they decided to do it in stages (I know,right?) Stage 1 didn't actually fix anything,but simply hid it. I was just wondering if they were going to follow through on what was promised, or is it one of the many problems the psuedo-devs have already thrown in the 'too hard' basket. I don't really expect any answers to be honest. It's mainly to point out two things. 1. I read about people complaining about lag every day. I experience the effects of others lagging every single time I play. Not sometimes. Always. ubiSOFT have been aware of this for a very long time. They have had ample time to fix it ,or at the very least produce a stage 2 lag compensation. They haven't. The trend for the past year and a half with this mob is : If the devs lack the ability to fix or implement something it gets ignored and concentrate instead on something they can do.Like emotes,executions etc... To summarise: Lag is obviously here to stay. 2. To point out just how useless and pointless this forum actually is. No questions are answered in a straight forward honest way. Bring Back Team Shuffle

Ahh right ok. I don't see massive amounts of lag very often, like players warping etc... although I have seen it occasionally. I'm on PC though and there's only about 10 of us.

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 03:22 PM
That's exactly my point. You don't SEE the lag since stage 1. Doesn't mean it went away. Ever had a hit go through your block? Lag. Ever gone for a parry you know you timed right but it doesn't work? Lag. Ever swore you timed your counter grab spot on like you've done a thousand times,but simply does nothing? Lag. Ever fought the same character,you both execute the same move but you do it earlier, but for some reason you are hit first? Lag. Ever fought a character you know well,but his moves seem quicker than when you play it? You guessed it. Lag. It was very sneaky of them actually. They took the cheapest,laziest route they could and it worked. And yet a lot of problems I read is because of this. For eg. The orochi light strikes. I'm on console. If the person playing orochi has a latency of 15-40, no problem. I can block and parry. If it's 100-600 there is literally nothing you can do. And the worst thing is a lot of people know this and take advantage of it. Orochi,Arushama and bezerker are their favorites. I know for a fact 90% of the top teir fighters in my region have given up on the game because of this. About 60-70% of players in my region are lag warriors as they are the only ones having fun anymore. Maybe more now as I rarely play anymore. That is mainly because I now know many things will never be fixed. You'll notice the moderators do not get involved in certain subjects on this forum because they have orders not draw attention to major fundamental core problems this game has due to how time consuming and expensive it would be to fix it. For a starters they would have to hire or redirect devs that have the ability to address these problems. Bring Back Team Shuffle.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 03:26 PM
That's exactly my point. You don't SEE the lag since stage 1. Doesn't mean it went away. Ever had a hit go through your block? Lag. Ever gone for a parry you know you timed right but it doesn't work? Lag. Ever swore you timed your counter grab spot on like you've done a thousand times,but simply does nothing? Lag. Ever fought the same character,you both execute the same move but you do it earlier, but for some reason you are hit first? Lag. Ever fought a character you know well,but his moves seem quicker than when you play it? You guessed it. Lag. It was very sneaky of them actually. They took the cheapest,laziest route they could and it worked. And yet a lot of problems I read is because of this. For eg. The orochi light strikes. I'm on console. If the person playing orochi has a latency of 15-40, no problem. I can block and parry. If it's 100-600 there is literally nothing you can do. And the worst thing is a lot of people know this and take advantage of it. Orochi,Arushama and bezerker are their favorites. I know for a fact 90% of the top teir fighters in my region have given up on the game because of this. About 60-70% of players in my region are lag warriors as they are the only ones having fun anymore. Maybe more now as I rarely play anymore. That is mainly because I now know many things will never be fixed. You'll notice the moderators do not get involved in certain subjects on this forum because they have orders not draw attention to major fundamental core problems this game has due to how time consuming and expensive it would be to fix it. For a starters they would have to hire or redirect devs that have the ability to address these problems. Bring Back Team Shuffle.

I've noticed that counter guard breaks are hit and miss, regardless of my timing and I have had attacks that hit but are then blocked, but as I said, it's pretty rare. Most pings on PC are in the 20 - 50 range. My own usually between 10 - 20. It's likely much worse on console due to the reliance on WiFi connections. I drew attention to a bug with an animation last night. No mod has commented on it, despite me drawing to the attention of the mods. This leads me to believe it's probably not going to be addressed.

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 03:31 PM
I noticed that. Also notice how quick they respond to any marching fire queries. I wonder why that is? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

EvoX.
09-18-2018, 04:41 PM
Bet they thought everyone forgot and tried to sweep it under the rug.

Anyway, although I don't see above 50 latency opponents much nowadays, the attacks are still not what they should be. They are a good deal faster and less fluid than AI's, parry windows are smaller, CGB does not work at random intervals, and my most hated thing - I can be GB'd out of lights. I hate when that happens.

ChampionRuby50g
09-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Well thatís disappointing. I swear that they said this is only the first stage and more will defs be coming, but looks like another lie. Didnít expect anything less tbh. I have a sneaking suspicion Marching Fire will be the last major content update we will see before this game gets the Star Wars BF2 treatment.

UbiInsulin
09-18-2018, 10:05 PM
Lag compensation is still something the dev team is actively working on. I don't have a more detailed update to provide at this time, but it's not a forgotten issue.

Haplo_Bane
09-19-2018, 04:54 AM
Well, kick my dunny door down and tickle my taint, I honestly didn't expect a response. Very happy it hasn't been forgotten as I've been given the impression otherwise. Thank you Ubilsulin. I'm a little less grumpy now.