PDA

View Full Version : Ubi.. why so long on the CONQ NERF!

Hormly
09-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Last thread was locked for turning into a flame war.

Shall we try again to have a civil discussion?

David_gorda
09-17-2018, 11:21 PM
He doesnt need a nerf, he has a low risk, low reward move. Zerker and Warden are both better 1vs1 and plenty if classes are better 4vs4. shieldbash is punishable easy by dodge attack and dodge bashes, he can also be guardbreak by all all classes on a correct dodge but thats hard to do.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-18-2018, 12:06 AM
Didn't conquerers all guard get buffed?

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 12:14 AM
Think the timing on activation was reduced by 200 ms or something.

UbiInsulin
09-18-2018, 12:16 AM
I'll be eye-balling this thread. Please be good to each other.

Tyrjo
09-18-2018, 06:14 AM
Lets not forget the zone attack which is kind of ridiculous.

Vrbas1
09-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Lets not forget the zone attack which is kind of ridiculous.

His zone devours stamina and has spit for range. It's strong yes, but not without its costs and I've been parried a surprising amount using it (the opening swing too). If you want it to be ridiculous add hyper armor :)

EvoX.
09-18-2018, 04:23 PM
He doesnt need a nerf, he has a low risk, low reward move. Zerker and Warden are both better 1vs1 and plenty if classes are better 4vs4. shieldbash is punishable easy by dodge attack and dodge bashes, he can also be guardbreak by all all classes on a correct dodge but thats hard to do.

I agree with this, except for the not needing a nerf part.

I was thinking about it, and I think the best option would be to increase SB's vulnerability frames a bit, but also give him immediate options out of it, just like Valkyrie - he could do a light, heavy or nothing when he fails, sort of putting him in a reverse 50/50. That way he won't always be punished for using a 13 damage move, but constant spam of it would definitely lead to either a GB or a light parry sooner or later.

He also needs his Shield Uppercut looked into because it's completely useless as it is, and parts of his kit being useless is what forces him to just use that one move.

Baturai
09-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Just remove his ability to delay shieldbash stupid track on heavy into Sb and increase stamina cost .,there you go. What really makes him op is his raid Tank abilities... in 4v4 modes... he is heavY but can dodge as fast as light armored assasin. Pretty invincible. And that for over 1 year now. You know what upsets me the most ? That Everytime a nerf is required after they poorly design a Hero. Expecting something from ubisoft to decide the right thing, is like Rolling dices and hope( 1 year) for the Best.
I think ubi is punishing us players . For ungratefullness

😂

The_B0G_
09-20-2018, 02:20 PM

Low risk/low reward? Vs certain characters it's no risk at all, thats what these threads are all about. You miss an unblockable bash, you should get punished, end of story. Sure he gets only light damage on a SB, but with his SB feat unlocked it's a heavy attack worth of damage and nearly unpunishable.

E1seNw0Lf
09-20-2018, 10:23 PM
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.9g0XbbnAahP3lUDBAtiTpQHaD7&pid=Api

Next in-game effect inc. - only available if a conq is in the match ;)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-21-2018, 04:21 PM
The crying is real here. He is not unstoppable. Dont hate, join the Conq train.

Goat_of_Vermund
09-21-2018, 04:39 PM
What do you supposed to do if you run out of stamina against a conq? Half the time you lose 80 health just from shieldbashes, they are pretty unreactable.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-21-2018, 04:47 PM
What do you supposed to do if you run out of stamina against a conq? Half the time you lose 80 health just from shieldbashes, they are pretty unreactable.

What are you supposed to do against any opponent when you run out of stamina? You should be vulnerable, thats the point of running out.

Goat_of_Vermund
09-21-2018, 05:04 PM
Yep, you are vulnerable against some of them, you are not against others. In the conqueror's case, you just die. Any idiot can shieldbash you to death, you need at least two good reads about when a sb is coming to survive. If they keep hitting you, you lose both your hp and stop regaing stamina. I don't understand how is that fair. Or how can anyone feel themselves skilled if they win only using this move (basically 80% of conquerors).

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Yep, you are vulnerable against some of them, you are not against others. In the conqueror's case, you just die. Any idiot can shieldbash you to death, you need at least two good reads about when a sb is coming to survive. If they keep hitting you, you lose both your hp and stop regaing stamina. I don't understand how is that fair. Or how can anyone feel themselves skilled if they win only using this move (basically 80% of conquerors).

SB is easily dodged. Smh. I main Conc so perhaps that helps but I dodge it like nothing. I dont see how anyone cant, its slow as ever. You also only lose HP in 4V4 modes. Which shouldnt be the case.

Zombie.Face
09-22-2018, 04:08 AM
Conc ruining the game for me and many others! Thanks UBI! as long as the conc is broken we will be flaming each other in these threads. Of course he's op and everyone who plays him will fight to keep him broken and the other players will fight to have him balanced.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
09-22-2018, 07:08 AM
OBVIOUSLY because in the same way all heroes are being 'balanced' to match shaman's WR all heroes are now to be balanced to conq's

DUHHH

Corentin10111
09-22-2018, 11:02 AM
EIGHTYYARDS NYC, guys like you who don't want their character nerfed are the worst.. You are like those wardens who defend the broken SB but cry about every hero they don't play.
I have a rep 26 conq but i can be objective on his "too strong" moves and want it nerfed. Stop pulling the blanket and think about the balance of the game and the harmony of the community.

Goat_of_Vermund
09-22-2018, 11:45 AM
You can use the shieldbash even without dodging forward. It takes almost no stamina, you can follow up even on miss, and while not impossible to dodge on reaction, it's extremely hard. You basically have to read the shieldbash to dodge it, which means the conq has a mixup where he just stands still.
I wouldn't really complain if he would need it, but that is not the case. He has the charged heavy, an infinite with minimal restrictions, shieldcrush softfeint, and the best defense in the game. He would be very strong even if we would fully remove the forward sb, I win duels with him not using it at all.

Arekonator
09-22-2018, 02:23 PM
If it was possible to consistently get a light in with every character on correct read, i would have zero issues with shieldbash.

guest-Nez6tBu0
09-22-2018, 07:44 PM
it is EASY to dodge conq SB, what r u talking about what nerf why?

DefiledDragon
09-22-2018, 08:20 PM
it is EASY to dodge conq SB, what r u talking about what nerf why?

Obvious troll is obvious. 0/10 must try harder. Same goes for the other threads you're trolling in.

uglyface87
09-23-2018, 12:23 AM

Totally agree with you! I`m berserker 59 rep and just now new player with rep 2 playing Conc... f*ucked me up only because spaming the shield bash... and its the same with wardens !!! I make 2-3 hit with feints to get 1 hit.. but he just need to make the shield/shoulder bash!!

Kliftheone
09-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Conq could use small tweaks/nerfs, but nothing over the top. I think they should decrease the delay window slightly, reduce/remove stamina damage when people are OOS because his OOS pressure is just not healthy for the game. Lastly, I think they should ever so slightly decrease the tracking on SB.

The reason conq is so strong is that he has safe offense and very strong defence. He has SB which he can basically counter every unblockable with, the SB can only be punished on prediction, and even then not always.

His defence consist of one of the best Option Selects in the game, 400 MS full block stance, heavys with 100 MS GB vulnerability and superior block.

His punishes are also very good although not the best. The reason he is considered so good is due to his lack of weakness and very safe offense, he has very few counters and can deal with most of the roster.

Corentin10111
09-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Totally agree with you! I`m berserker 59 rep and just now new player with rep 2 playing Conc... f*ucked me up only because spaming the shield bash... and its the same with wardens !!! I make 2-3 hit with feints to get 1 hit.. but he just need to make the shield/shoulder bash!!

Funny that you complain about the only two characters stronger than zerk. You are like them dude..

Here is my comment on the previous page: EIGHTYYARDS NYC, guys like you who don't want their character nerfed are the worst.. You are like those wardens who defend the broken SB but cry about every hero they don't play.
I have a rep 26 conq but i can be objective on his "too strong" moves and want it nerfed. Stop pulling the blanket and think about the balance of the game and the harmony of the community.

Zerk is S tier and everybody exept zerks think the HA feints is broken. Don't abuse the broken mechanics and then your complaints could be credible but for now..

guest-Nez6tBu0
09-23-2018, 11:27 AM
Obvious troll is obvious. 0/10 must try harder. Same goes for the other threads you're trolling in.

I have no problem to proof this in the game if you are interested

David_gorda
09-23-2018, 11:37 AM
You only need to dodge the shieldbash 40% Of the time to be advantage against a conq. 3*13=39 2*20=40
So if you play a character with a dodge attack its a learn to play git Gud issue. If you play lawbringer , shugoki or aramusha you already play a D tier 1vs1 Class so its on you.

uglyface87
09-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Funny that you complain about the only two characters stronger than zerk. You are like them dude..

Tell me DUDE, how did you know what is my play style with the berserker? My game is based mostly on deflects, and that's the only reason I play with it. And not being a typical hero in a defensive position, like Conc. I think there must be a lot of good skills to play with Berserker. You have to think what to do to make the final hit!!!. Not like Conc and Warden, to spam just one single move throughout the game. To lose 10/10 duels against a rookie, then something is not right. How do you explain that then (The same guy take another hero with a greater reputation than Conc, play more with him and know him well, lose almost all duels against me? Does not it seem strange to you? I dont have nothing against them, but when you do only one move in the whole game is little annoying. And they do it because is the easiest way to win and they know that!!!. Tell me something esle.. Why in Duel Ranked most of the players are with Wardens and Conc?? I make maybe 20 duels and only 3-4 was with others heroes than Wardens and Conc.

Corentin10111
09-23-2018, 02:20 PM
Oh so you never soft feint? Sorry but i con't help myself to doubt it.. And even if it was true, your "game is based mostly on deflects" and you say you are "not being a typical hero in a defensive position". It is pretty confusing..

The same guy take another hero with a greater reputation than Conc, play more with him and know him well, lose almost all duels against me? Does not it seem strange to you?

It is completly logic, zerk is ultra offensive, conq is ultra defensive. His full block is very effective against zerk or orochi for exemple.. He had a better hero than yours (conq vs zerk) and when he changed to a weaker hero than zerk (80 of the roster) he lost.
In this situation the one with the best hero won independently of the skill. Actually you helped to illustrate my point..

uglyface87
09-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Oh so you never soft feint? Sorry but i con't help myself to doubt it.. And even if it was true, your "game is based mostly on deflects" and you say you are "not being a typical hero in a defensive position". It is pretty confusing.

"My game is based MOSTLY on deflects" the word "MOSTLY" do you know what it means? Where you see i`m telling you i not use soft feint? What you say to me?? That the deflect on the lights is defensive game!!! ??? WWWOOWWWWW. I`m defensive only when i play against CONC...... WHY? Only hit he make is the one after the Shield bash.. if i do something else.. he just spam me with the bash and that`s it!..I`m pretty sure you are main CONC! Try to learn to deflect every light attack on every hero in the game. Or see how your enemy will hit you and make the feint on your hit and go for the deflect... I`m 100% sure that`s not easy to do!!!! Then come and tell me which one is more difficult to play. You not tell me why everyone start to play warden after the buff of shoulder bash. Before the buff cant see many people to play with him. And i see the different on the fights on this two characters. Special for the warden. You telling me that the CONC and the Warden not spam at all ???? IS THAT RIGHT ? Don`t make me laugh please!!!

I can make parrys of most of the lights.. but go for the DEFLECT, you know why ? Because is more fun to play.

It is completly logic, zerk is ultra offensive, conq is ultra defensive. His full block is very effective against zerk or orochi for exemple..
I`m not see the logic here.... the logic is to spam!! ? RIGHT? Because they cant make.. block or parry ???? They know the shield bash!!
They can learn to make parrys or to use block, but NOOOOOO is more easy just to spam the shield bash!!!!

Tyrjo
09-23-2018, 07:25 PM
Hopefully the visual cue on Conq Shield Bash will be out soon.

Buggy.Blaster
09-23-2018, 11:53 PM
lets hope he just gets a nerf soon to be honest.

Corentin10111
09-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Wow you are an excited guy..

Ok i should have say "almost never" use soft feints but the message is the same.You cannot be ultra offensive and mainly rely on deflects.
As i said i m rep 26 conq but i don't main him. And i NEVER use the forward shield bash, only when i side dodge. I would rather lose my fight than using this broken **** move. I would be happy to see this move completly disappear cause conq don't need it to be viable.
I admit that i'm not a deflect god and i can't deflect every attack coming at me.. Like 99% of players. Happy for you if you have the skill to do it.
Of course everybody started to play warden and conq after their OP rework. And yes those cancerous spammers are a huge problem, i 'm not saying you are one but zerk spammers are in the same basket.
What i said is that, between a full block/shield bash spamer conq, zerk don't have the advantage.

I copy paste the clearest part of my explanation (the one that you completly pased over): He had a better hero than yours (conq vs zerk) and when he changed to a weaker hero than zerk (80 of the roster) he lost.
In this situation the one with the best hero won independently of the skill. Actually you helped to illustrate my point..

And this is where i leave. I explained my point of view and i'm not gonna keep arguing in such a sterile exchange..