PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, Why Do You Hate Console?

Chobbsy99
09-17-2018, 04:39 PM
I donít know what weíve done wrong, but the direction that For Honour is taking is just to make the game worse on console.

Characters are now designed around beating players with only speed. Orochi, Shaman, Berserker and Peacekeeper are different versions of the same Ė lightning fast attacks that are simple to block on pc but a nightmare on console.

There are the zone attacks, like Kenseiís and Wardenís, which are incredibly quick.

Then there are the bash attacks. Conquerorís shield bash is near impossible to react to, and has no consistent way of punishing even if youíre some sort of caffeined-up speed demon. Wardenís shoulder bash is a little easier, but itís still damn quick, especially since it can be feinted into a guard break, charged up or just cancelled.

Itís just not fun.

I shouldnít need to plug my Xbox into a gaming monitor and sit 10cm from the screen just to be able to consistently block attacks. Half the time the opponents have latency issues, which makes it even worse. 400ms attacks become 200ms, which is literally impossible to react to.

Rainbow Six Siege has a casual mode that you can mess about in. With the design of For Honourís characters, relaxing is not possible. To even see attacks you need your concentrating pants on.

The game is balanced only by what the top 1% of pc players want. This is despite the vast majority of players actually using console instead.

So Ubisoft, fix console. Please donít give passive aggressive messages about how we should Ďlearn to playí like you did with the lawbringer feedback (who still needs a rework by the way). The community love the concept of For Honour. Itís not that hard to listen to them now and then.

Vrbas1
09-17-2018, 04:55 PM
I don't think they hate console players, but I do think we are neglected sometimes. To this day, I'm still flabbergasted they chose to make a reaction-based fighting game 30fps. I dunno if they didn't think it would matter, were lazy, or just outright disregarded it. Either way, it's proven to be beyond frustrating for much of the player base. Drop my graphics down a little bit, I'll gladly trade that for a smoother experience. On the surface, it does not seem a physically demanding game. I've played it on PC and even with everything cranked up and only a moderately spec'd PC I can push out 60+fps easy. So, with that said I dunno what the deal is or ever was.

Oh, and I guess I should ready my butt cavity for the obligatory buttnutter that will likely show up in this thread saying 30fps and 60fps makes no difference on human reaction time or visual processing power.

DefiledDragon
09-17-2018, 05:42 PM
I don't think they hate console players, but I do think we are neglected sometimes. To this day, I'm still flabbergasted they chose to make a reaction-based fighting game 30fps. I dunno if they didn't think it would matter, were lazy, or just outright disregarded it. Either way, it's proven to be beyond frustrating for much of the player base. Drop my graphics down a little bit, I'll gladly trade that for a smoother experience. On the surface, it does not seem a physically demanding game. I've played it on PC and even with everything cranked up and only a moderately spec'd PC I can push out 60+fps easy. So, with that said I dunno what the deal is or ever was.

Oh, and I guess I should ready my butt cavity for the obligatory buttnutter that will likely show up in this thread saying 30fps and 60fps makes no difference on human reaction time or visual processing power.

You can't blame Ubisoft for the inadequacies of the platform. The reason XBone and PS4 don't have 60fps is because they couldn't run this game @ 60fps looking the way it does. If you want to rant about your games running like a slideshow, go to the Sony/Microsoft forums and rant there.

DoctorMcBatman
09-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Someone did the math on this months ago. The difference between 30fps and 60fps is almost negligible in what human eyes view - the much bigger issue is TV input latency. I'll try to find the link.

Chobbsy99
09-17-2018, 06:44 PM
It doesnít actually matter why console appears worse though. 30fps/60fps may on paper allow similar reaction times, but as someone who has played both I can say that the difference between platforms is comical. Light spam isnít really a thing on pc.

Iíve got like 50 hours play time and I still struggle with lights on console. The issue is real, regardless of whether it should or shouldnít be.

(Side note: Rainbow Six runs 60fps comfortably. The graphics on For Honour really arenít that different.)

I canít understand for the life of me why there isnít separate balancing yet. All attacks that are designed to hit through sheer speed (conq shield bash, Orochi lights etc) are too fast on console.

I tried to get my brother into the game but he quit because of this. Trying to fight light spam as a noob is near impossible. This is even with an HD TV on gaming mode and a wired controller.

Vrbas1
09-17-2018, 06:47 PM
You can't blame Ubisoft for the inadequacies of the platform. The reason XBone and PS4 don't have 60fps is because they couldn't run this game @ 60fps looking the way it does. If you want to rant about your games running like a slideshow, go to the Sony/Microsoft forums and rant there.

I understand your point. However, when we have games that are much more resource heavy and larger in absolute scope like Battlefield and they're able to squeeze out 60fps then why can't FH? And Battlefield isn't an ugly game either.

I know the engines are completely different, my point being that I am unconvinced the hardware is at fault here. Just what I think though.

Tundra 793
09-17-2018, 07:15 PM

Both basic consoles (not just the X and Pro) could run the game at 60fps. Vrbas also isn't saying he just wants the extra frames out of nothing, he states he's perfectly willing, as is I'm sure most other players, to accept graphical downgrades to get there.
Pope stated on a Warrior's Den last year that it wasn't impossible, just difficult to do, and not at all something the team was interested in doing then, and I'm guessing, now.

DefiledDragon
09-17-2018, 07:29 PM
I understand your point. However, when we have games that are much more resource heavy and larger in absolute scope like Battlefield and they're able to squeeze out 60fps then why can't FH? And Battlefield isn't an ugly game either.

I know the engines are completely different, my point being that I am unconvinced the hardware is at fault here. Just what I think though.

Both basic consoles (not just the X and Pro) could run the game at 60fps. Vrbas also isn't saying he just wants the extra frames out of nothing, he states he's perfectly willing, as is I'm sure most other players, to accept graphical downgrades to get there.
Pope stated on a Warrior's Den last year that it wasn't impossible, just difficult to do, and not at all something the team was interested in doing then, and I'm guessing, now.

I'm not disputing that both machines are capable of rendering a game at 60 fps. The XBox 360 was capable of rendering games at 60 fps. While the graphics in other games might be comparable in visual quality, that doesn't speak to engine efficiency, code quality or engine architecture. I can see no reason for a 30 fps cap on console other than they can't reliably guarantee 60 fps and believe it's preferable to provide a consistent experience rather than one that is plagued with frame drops and/or stuttering.

To alleviate the issue of frame rates on console probably requires considerable development effort and a revamp of the engine. I very much doubt they're going to put that kind of effort in to appease the relatively small number of players who complain about the framerate on their forums or reddit.

It sucks, but it is what it is and I doubt very much it will ever change. Maybe they can squeeze 60 fps out of the Bone X or Pro at some point.

Vrbas1
09-17-2018, 07:45 PM
I very much doubt they're going to put that kind of effort in to appease the relatively small number of players who complain about the framerate on their forums or reddit.

I wouldn't say the numbers are relatively small, unless you just mean the people willing to speak up about it.

In fact, a good portion of player complaints have framerate at the root of the issue, even if it's not explicitly stated; so pretty much any complaint related to the speed at which an attack comes out and/or the opponents amount of time to react to it. I'd argue that the majority of the users that voice these types of frustrations are console players, not PC players. I however pull that directly out of my butt and couldn't provide any demonstrable data, just what I suspect.

DefiledDragon
09-17-2018, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't say the numbers are relatively small, unless you just mean the people willing to speak up about it.

In fact, a good portion of player complaints have framerate at the root of the issue, even if it's not explicitly stated; so pretty much any complaint related to the speed at which an attack comes out and/or the opponents amount of time to react to it. I'd argue that the majority of the users that voice these types of frustrations are console players, not PC players. I however pull that directly out of my butt and couldn't provide any demonstrable data, just what I suspect.

The number of people actually complaining about the framerate are small, relative to the number of people playing the game, hence why I said "relatively small". The FH team don't strike me as being particularly responsive to feedback. I know they see it and I know they talk about how aware of it they are, but when it comes to acting on it, well, not so much. That's not necessarily a criticism, more a statement of observable truth.

To anybody struggling on console and hoping that Ubisoft are going to "fix" the issues you're having I would say this. Don't hold your breath.

UbiInsulin
09-18-2018, 12:59 AM
We don't hate console players, by any means. We'll continue to let the team know that light spam is a real topic of concern for PS4 and X1 players.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-18-2018, 01:27 AM
Easy answer.. Give all light spammer characters shinobi health and increase health of heavies. Slow down all zone attacks to the appropriate character level. All medium vanguard characters should have medium heavy and medium light
Take off reflex guard on assasins and replace with regular guard.

You have to make a game where the player can't compensate with the short comings of a character with their skill so reflex guard is pointless. U can't compensate for low health.

Vrbas1
09-18-2018, 04:56 AM
We don't hate console players, by any means. We'll continue to let the team know that light spam is a real topic of concern for PS4 and X1 players.

Thank you for acknowledging. I'd prefer though you pass on the significant handicap console players handle everyday at 30fps. I imagine it'd be a lot of work, but it'd go leaps and bounds to show y'all care for console players.

Tyrjo
09-18-2018, 06:19 AM
Just move to PC.

Wired controller
Better monitors
Better ping
More frames

It all stacks up to 100-150ms depending on your setup.

Vordred
09-18-2018, 06:25 AM
there are two fixes for this, both of which the devs can't be bothered with as its extra work.

1. lower the graphics and up the frame rate.

2. have sperate balances for console and pc. so say on pc its 400ms lights, but 500ms lights on consoles.

still, the thing that still bothers me to this day, is who thought releasing a reaction based fighting game, that runs at 30fps. and then to top it off have it run at 60fps on another platform and balance around that.
anyone with even a tiny amount of common sense would have known beforehand that this would be a bad idea.

both versions either need to run the same (and they aren't going to lock the PC to 30fps) or they need to be balanced separately.

i love this game, its the kind of game i had been waiting forever for, but i will admit i have at the same time given up on it, i usually pop back at the start of a new season for a bit, and then give up again.
i appreciate the devs commitment to the game, but it just feels the core problems never really get fixed, it's more add little things to reduce issues, which in turn just causes more new problems. feels like the game is getting worse and further and further away from the original concept.

David_gorda
09-18-2018, 08:18 AM
^this, it doesnt make any sense to make a reaction based fighting Game with different fps on different platforms, then balanced the Game around the platform with less players (PC). 60 fps for console, No more lame excuses ubisoft!

DSD27
09-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Smart people don't own consoles.

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Intelligence isn't measured by purchased items genius. Everyone in the world has the ability to buy anything. What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

DefiledDragon
09-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Intelligence isn't measured by purchased items genius. Everyone in the world has the ability to buy anything. What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

So you could go out tomorrow and buy a 747 airliner? Or maybe saying that everyone in the world has the ability to buy anything wasn't such a smart thing to say ;)

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 05:16 PM
No. I'm saying the act of purchasing an item does not denote intelligence.I have two computers. One is in constant use by my daughter for uni. The other is strictly for my company. I use a console because purchasing a third computer for games seems idiotic to me. You don't get rich spending money needlessly on a product that can't make you money. I also don't think if I gave money for someone to buy a computer to play games on, it would increase their intellegence. I'm saying the ACT of purchasing is something that is learnt at a very young age and does not require much brain power. The amount of money is beside the point. You may have the ABILITY to play football,but yes,it's useless without a ball.And does having 2 computers mean I'm twice as smart as someone with one? So yes, DefiledDragon. It is an incredibly stupid thing to say. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

DSD27
09-18-2018, 05:31 PM
Of course everyone has the ability to buy "anything", but only a few have the ability to distinguish what's best, what's worth it and what makes sense, consoles are none of the above. 30 fps, 900p, lag, paid online multiplayer, more expensive games, no upgradability... And if you want a PC for web browsing, school, work, downloads, etc, you still have to buy a PC anyway. With consoles you spend more money, you get less and a much inferior experience.

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 05:46 PM
It's true. There are smart purchases and stupid ones. If games are your passion and you're willing to pay for upgrades every two or so years so you can play the latest game,then that's your decision. Doesn't make you intelligent. And unless you're a pro it won't make you money. A car fanatic will think your purchase is stupid and your stupid for wasting your money in such a way. Doesn't mean you or your purchase is stupid. Does it? Many people have consoles because games aren't the number one thing in their life,but still enjoy playing . In fact, it is well known that this the only game on console that doesn't work ' as intended' as well as having the slowest fixes. I don't think it's smart to convert to pc because of one game that has such a small player base and no future.

DSD27
09-18-2018, 05:51 PM
It's true. There are smart purchases and stupid ones. If games are your passion and you're willing to pay for upgrades every two or so years so you can play the latest game,then that's your decision. Doesn't make you intelligent. And unless you're a pro it won't make you money. A car fanatic will think your purchase is stupid and your stupid for wasting your money in such a way. Doesn't mean you or your purchase is stupid. Does it? Many people have consoles because games aren't the number one thing in their life,but still enjoy playing . In fact, it is well known that this the only game on console that doesn't work ' as intended' as well as having the slowest fixes. I don't think it's smart to convert to pc because of one game that has such a small player base and no future.
Thanks for proving that you don't know what you're talking about, you know nothing about PC gaming. An only good PC, if you make the right component choices, will be fine for like 4-5 years (for the most demanding games), then you can just upgrade the graphic card. It's better than with consoles that you have to buy a whole new one if something breaks. You have to pay for online multiplayer and you have more expensive games. Like I said, consoles are the waste of money, not PC. All games have better graphics and performance on PC, not just For Honor.

Console clueless people buy expensive games and pay € for the Online experience to play with less resolution, framerate and more lag. Many of them have at least 2 of each consoles because many of them break. Then they spend a ton of money an a crappy laptop because hey, gaming isn't their number one thing and they need a PC for other things sother than gaming. They say PC gamers waste money :D:D:D

Haplo_Bane
09-18-2018, 06:17 PM
I've had my xbox for 5 years now and only buy games on special. You proved you can't read. I said two years or so years,simply meaning two years is the minimum. I already stated I don't play games on computer so how would I know the exact details. I haven't payed for xbox gold because you can redeem achievment points in exchange and even microsoft points to purchase games. Computer parts also break. In my country both pc and console games are the same price.And what about my other points you fail to respond to. I am no longer going to respond though, as all this is off topic, and it's becoming inane and boring.

DSD27
09-18-2018, 06:26 PM
I've had my xbox for 5 years now and only buy games on special. You proved you can't read. I said two years or so years,simply meaning two years is the minimum. I already stated I don't play games on computer so how would I know the exact details. I haven't payed for xbox gold because you can redeem achievment points in exchange and even microsoft points to purchase games. Computer parts also break. In my country both pc and console games are the same price.And what about my other points you fail to respond to. I am no longer going to respond though, as all this is off topic, and it's becoming inane and boring.
Of course but like I previously said, most of the times when a computer part breaks you only need to replace that specific part, and you can even take advantage of that sad situation to make an upgrade ;) With a console you have to buy a whole new one. And trust me, consoles break more than computer parts.

The math is very simple, 1 console + 1 pc is more expensive, or will end up being more expensive than 1 "gaming pc". Even if it wasn't, it would be worth it for the superior gaming experience, upgradability and costumization.

Haha offtopic! You make the "genious" insult and then accuse pc gamers of wasting money, but you "no longer going to respond though" when confronted with the reality.

HazelrahFirefly
09-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Of course but like I previously said, most of the times when a computer part breaks you only need to replace that specific part, and you can even take advantage of that sad situation to make an upgrade ;) With a console you have to buy a whole new one. And trust me, consoles break more than computer parts.

The math is very simple, 1 console + 1 pc is more expensive, or will end up being more expensive than 1 "gaming pc". Even if it wasn't, it would be worth it for the superior gaming experience, upgradability and costumization.

Haha offtopic! You make the "genious" insult and then accuse pc gamers of wasting money, but you "no longer going to respond though" when confronted with the reality.

Trust you? Based on what, your being a pisshead in this thread?

How about some evidence to back up that claim.

Also, one single game makes the PS4 better than owning any PC, and that's Bloodborne. Can you play that on your PC? No? Then shut up.

Devils-_-legacy
09-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Trust you? Based on what, your being a pisshead in this thread?

How about some evidence to back up that claim.

Also, one single game makes the PS4 better than owning any PC, and that's Bloodborne. Can you play that on your PC? No? Then shut up.

Ps now on pc makes bloodborne playable

Tundra 793
09-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Smart people don't own consoles.

Opening a discussion like this, is a terrible idea. You come off aggressive and needlessly condescending, and you're objectively wrong.

Of course everyone has the ability to buy "anything", but only a few have the ability to distinguish what's best, what's worth it and what makes sense, consoles are none of the above. 30 fps, 900p, lag, paid online multiplayer, more expensive games, no upgradability... And if you want a PC for web browsing, school, work, downloads, etc, you still have to buy a PC anyway. With consoles you spend more money, you get less and a much inferior experience.

You're wrong. The crux of your argument assumes that all gamers want the exact same thing from their hardware choice. This isn't true. Not all gamers want 60fps and 1080p across all their titles, and not all gamers are at all interested in building, customizing, optimizing and maintaining a gaming PC to retain the highest levels of performance.
Console gamers often specifically choose consoles to avoid the things that characterize PC gaming. They want simplicity.
You're also wrong in saying that consoles only offer 30 fps, 900p, lag and paid online multiplayer.

Many titles, mostly first party games, offer up to 60fps at 1080p, to 30fps at 4K, all for less money than an equivalent PC due to consoles by nature being more optimized for their job; Playing games. Lag is not something exclusive to consoles.
Paid online multiplayer might suck, but it helps support the platform as I understand. You're also leaving out the free games programs several consoles offer with their subscriptions, often giving away anywhere from Ä30 to Ä100 worth of games to their players each month. For Honor was being given away up until a few days ago on Xbox Live Gold.

It's better than with consoles that you have to buy a whole new one if something breaks. You have to pay for online multiplayer and you have more expensive games. Like I said, consoles are the waste of money, not PC. All games have better graphics and performance on PC, not just For Honor.

Or you could just send your console in for repair, something that's often covered under the consoles warranty. Even if its out of warranty, you can get it repaired by independent shops, much like you would a PC.
I addressed the subscription based online service above. Games might be more expensive on average, but keep in mind that sales are also a thing that exists on consoles, along with the aforementioned giveaways, and frequent discounts given on games.

All games have better graphics and performance on PC, not just For Honor.

Games have better graphics and performance on PC if you pay for it. Gaming on PC ≠ Automatically better experience than console.

Console clueless people buy expensive games and pay Ä for the Online experience to play with less resolution, framerate and more lag. Many of them have at least 2 of each consoles because many of them break. Then they spend a ton of money an a crappy laptop because hey, gaming isn't their number one thing and they need a PC for other things sother than gaming. They say PC gamers waste money

Again, you're condescending to other people simply because they have a different preference than you. Not a good look. And to reiterate; Consoles offer up to 60 fps at 1080p and 30 fps at 4K. How you came to believe that consoles can't match PCs is beyond me.
If console players own more than 1 console, there's countless reasons for it, not nessecarily due to one breaking. Can you back up that claim with any statistic?

Of course but like I previously said, most of the times when a computer part breaks you only need to replace that specific part, and you can even take advantage of that sad situation to make an upgrade With a console you have to buy a whole new one. And trust me, consoles break more than computer parts.

Again, consoles can be repaired. Consoles are machines just like computers, and they can be repaired like them.
I do not trust you, please provide sources for that claim.

Even if it wasn't, it would be worth it for the superior gaming experience, upgradability and costumization.

And here we come full circle; You assume, falsely, that what you consider the virtues of PC gaming are traits that all gamers desire. This is simply not true. I don't want to spend time and money upgrading and customizing hardware, I want to press a button and game with no fuss. Consoles provide that, at perfectly acceptable, sometimes great performance levels.

Scrubnubloard
09-18-2018, 07:08 PM
Can we not turn this a war between the two platforms. The real issue is that consoles is getting left behind because they are trying to balance this game for PC. If it was the other way around and they mad all attacks slower to compensate for consoles PC player would be complaining about everyone being a turtle. How about we find a way around it and make everyone happy instead of arguing about who made a better purchase. (Personaly I think separate balance is the way to go.) Some people like console some like PC, no purchase is bad as long as you use and enjoyed using it.

UbiInsulin
09-18-2018, 07:15 PM
The console war stuff needs to stop, now. It's an ancient argument that never goes anywhere.

If you're a PC player, please think carefully about whether your opinion is needed in this particular thread. I say this as a longtime PC gamer.

Brutal_DaDo
09-18-2018, 07:30 PM
I got a 1gb wired connection and a decent tv, wired controller, usually when playin my ping is between 9 and 17 ms, the only time i steuggle is when people have jumping pings from 50 to 550 ms, thatís the highest iíve seen until now.
My only issues with console is that because of the certification that snoy and mycrosoft requires we console players are always cut out when ubisoft test new stuff,
If a moderator can answer me this maybe iíll stop being mad about this, if you plan on testing new stuff canít you ask for the certifications way before doing it so that you can get the certification from sony and microsoft ? Just asking not ranting because i donít understand

Scrubnubloard
09-18-2018, 08:10 PM
The console war stuff needs to stop, now. It's an ancient argument that never goes anywhere.

If you're a PC player, please think carefully about whether your opinion is needed in this particular thread. I say this as a longtime PC gamer.

That's what I'm trying to say, thank you. Cant we all just be friends?

mrmistark
09-18-2018, 09:08 PM

I agree arguing between platforms is really old. But you have to admit, seeing as it IS and ancient argument, if they had listened to players when this argument first came up, we wouldnít even have this thread here. They would have hopefully started trying to balance separately.

The problem with balancing in general is that you canít make the experience better for both platforms. If you make a change for the better on one platform you severely hurt the experience of the other.

Not to delve into the argument further but it IS kind of mind blowing they didnít go for balancing for the vast majority: console. Iím not hating on this fact. Itís frustrating yes, but Iím not the developers. It does go to show you though that PC is the preferred platform for the Devs unless there is a separate reason they choose not to handle the problems these fixes create on console? I canít think of any reason. Even IF there was, perception is reality. You canít not tell people the reason and be upset when they come to a conclusion that for all intents and purposes is rather sound.

For Honor was probably meant to only be for PC and then they pushed it to every platform for more funding. Thatís my conspiracy theory of the day.

At the end of it all, it doesnít really matter. Nothing is going to change. I remember why I took a season break coming back into it: the devs canít make both sides happy until they balance separately, they wonít balance for console (my platform), and jusdging by how long it took them to make the game simply operate as intended, there is no hope for a better experience for console players.

Damn you For Honor for making me fall in love with your unique concept and play. I would have been done with this nonsense a year ago.

The_B0G_
09-18-2018, 10:24 PM
They should really look into separate balance for consoles, I find myself slowly playing For Honor less and less after each rework.

Constant guessing games isn't fun in a PvP fighting game, it gets worse with every rework, with Red Dead 2 coming out a couple weeks after Marching fire... not sure I'll be still playing this game come the new year, which sucks because I love this game, I just can't keep up with all the 400 ms attacks.

The Devs knew damn well that light spam was an issue for console, and look at all the light spam in the reworks. For the platform with the vast majority of the player base, this seems like a unwise move, keep your 10-15% of the playerbase happy on PC and let the rest on consoles adjust? It should obviously be the other way around.

They should balance separately before they lose players to other games. No one is going to keep playing a game when they feel like no matter how much practice they get, they're just not fast enough to react to the attacks people are using.

UbiInsulin
09-18-2018, 10:54 PM
Not to delve into the argument further but it IS kind of mind blowing they didn’t go for balancing for the vast majority: console. I’m not hating on this fact. It’s frustrating yes, but I’m not the developers. It does go to show you though that PC is the preferred platform for the Devs unless there is a separate reason they choose not to handle the problems these fixes create on console? I can’t think of any reason. Even IF there was, perception is reality. You can’t not tell people the reason and be upset when they come to a conclusion that for all intents and purposes is rather sound.

For Honor was probably meant to only be for PC and then they pushed it to every platform for more funding. That’s my conspiracy theory of the day.

I don't know if it's realistic, but we have brought the "separate balancing" idea to the team's attention, as well as the particular problems that console players frequently mention.

I have no idea about whether it was initially developed for PC only, but I'd be pretty surprised. All of our major releases since the beginning of this generation of consoles have come out on PC, PS4, and X1 (at the very least).

Vrbas1
09-19-2018, 03:42 AM

With all due respect, this argument is ancient because it's apples and oranges. Until Ubisoft takes seriously the practical differences between the two as it relates to balancing, the concerns will continue. In all genuineness, you can't disregard the real differences that exists between a highly optimized 60+fps experience to that of a cut rate one that console players live daily. Hate me and my statements all you want, the proof is in the pudding and you can't honestly expect less with the current state of affairs.

CandleInTheDark
09-19-2018, 05:04 AM
With all due respect, this argument is ancient because it's apples and oranges. Until Ubisoft takes seriously the practical differences between the two as it relates to balancing, the concerns will continue. In all genuineness, you can't disregard the real differences that exists between a highly optimized 60+fps experience to that of a cut rate one that console players live daily. Hate me and my statements all you want, the proof is in the pudding and you can't honestly expect less with the current state of affairs.

Ok so I have played the game on console with a tv not made for gaming, I have played it with a tv that was made for gaming, I have also played it on pc. The difference between the two tv's was far greater than that between the gaming tv and pc, yes it means some people can afford a better experience, that has always been known on pc, people don't think it applies on console, but it does.

I would also ask how, if it is so different, a pc player won a console tournament when the only difference, it being lan, applied to everyone.

mrmistark
09-19-2018, 09:32 AM
I bought my buddy For Honor two days ago as he is a PC player and he wouldnít buy it on his own. Myself being a master of sorts with Kensei said Iíd teach him the ins and outs of Kensei as I went with the cheap option (obvious choice it was $15 instead of nearly $60) which only has vanguards unlocked.

After learning the controls and teaching/showing him how to do the soft fients and mind games in training he asked me to hop into a duel so he could see everything come together and have me explain why I did certiain mix ups over others. He doesnít have a super nice set up, just a gaming lap top. Playing with mouse and keyboard against a light spamming Valk I was able to parry every single light on reaction being completely brand new to gaming on keyboard.

You can argue there is no difference, but today I experienced the difference and itís monumental. If I had the money and didnít invest so much time in the game on console with 4 maxed out heroes Iíd switch over honest to god JUST for the better experience for this game alone.

Siegfried-Z
09-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Of course the difference is huge between both.

When i saw Vids of youtubers playing on PC.. sometimes i am like WTH this parry was a light one ? because of the animation. It is looking so smooth sometimes that some lights looks like heavy i swear...

I've seen a friend playing on pc too.. that's just.. wow. I was thinking i would parry any single lights if i was playing on PC..

On Console, things like Roch, PK and Shinobi lights are a nightmare, specially Roch and specially if you play yourself an assassin. Try to block without problem Roch lights with Glad on console .. GOOD LUCK.

And i have the chance to play with a PS4 PRo and a big 4K Screen which make my gaming experience a bit better for for honor.