PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion][tandem]

Elipsys
09-17-2018, 06:00 AM
A friend and I got together tonight to really test out the Tandem feature. We are approximately the same skill level and generally both (barely) capable of platinums in Trials Evolution. First of all, some general feedback:

You guys were right about the experience being hilarious. When we weren't on the same page, the thrashing and counterproductive movement was greatly amusing every time.

The power and 120% throttle thing is a beast on "big air" (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1932928-Trials-Yorkers-Tandem-Bike-Platinum) type tracks (the earlier ones, generally). You could really tell that this bike is a powerhouse once it gets moving.

There were a few places on harder tracks (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1932933-Ever-Everer-Everest-Tandem-Bike-Clear?p=13685006#post13685006) where the heaviness of the bike made it seem barely possible to clear obstacles. But we were eventually able to do it.

We couldn't tell for sure, but we think the front and back seat of the bike have different influences on the bike. Ie: If you swap player 1 and player 2 inputs, do you get the exact same result? I would appreciate a dev response on this one.

With that said, I have various suggestions to improve the experience.

Show both player 1 and player 2 inputs! It's pretty important for obvious reasons.

Add ghosts. We couldn't get any ghosts on the screen when we were using the Tandem Bike. Choosing a ghost to race against disabled the Tandem bike. :(

Either create a separate leaderboard for Tandem or allow Tandem to go on the main leaderboard. Clearing a stage Tandem is a ton of effort, and there is basically no record of it anywhere.

So that's what I have so far. It was a really cool experience and I'm really looking forward to playing with it more, but I think the experience needs to be enhanced a bit to not feel like an afterthought.

LittleEngineer
09-17-2018, 06:26 AM
Totally agree on the separate leaderboard for tandem, to see how your runs improve as previous records from solo will always have the higher position on the leaderboard.

Tandem is a total joy with two coordinated players but to compete against our previous times on same class would be an added bonus.

Edit: Just completed a track on tandem and beat our previous track record, The record didn't even update on the leaderboard.