PDA

View Full Version : Warden V Kensei

KillaVaniIIa
09-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Trouble finding out who to master and wondering which one is more well rounded.

David_gorda
09-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Both are great but Warden is better IMO.

Charmzzz
09-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Depends on what you play mostly: Kensei for Dominion, Warden for Duel.

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 11:46 PM
In my opinion it's Kensei, simply because he's way more flexible than Warden and allows for different approaches to combat. He's got a strong feint game, excellent mobility, decent speed with his dashing top light, good damage, a superb side dodge attack, a ridiculous zone, top heavy unblockable finisher that can be hard and soft feinted. The only things he doesn't have are passive HA, a bash (arguably his pommel strike could be counted as one), bleed and an attack that regens his health. Overall he's the best in the roster without being a full on cheese machine.

Baturai
09-17-2018, 04:21 AM
Kenseiís range rekts Warden.

SnizzyWizzy
09-17-2018, 04:29 AM
Warden is much better to be real

Siegfried-Z
09-17-2018, 09:27 AM
To perform in Dominion i would say Kensei. I would also say Kensei brings more fun in the fight than Warden.

But, for Duel, Warden is better. He's got simply everything an has no weak point at all.
In a duel Kensei/Warden warden has a clear advantage as well.

And with Warden you can enjoy Bombs and catapult.. lol

Opinion from a rep 12 Warden and a rep 26 Kensei ;)

DrinkinMyStella
09-17-2018, 09:43 AM
kensei, is more well rounded, more moves and mixups at his disposal, his feint game is more dominant, better range, his unblockable finisher has more feint options, more damage output, and he has a dodge counter attack which is handy agaist rushing players. I find kensei easier to master and more satisfying to use.

Siegfried-Z
09-17-2018, 10:25 AM
kensei, is more well rounded, more moves and mixups at his disposal, his feint game is more dominant, better range, his unblockable finisher has more feint options, more damage output, and he has a dodge counter attack which is handy agaist rushing players. I find kensei easier to master and more satisfying to use.

I would highlights 4 things about your comment :

1/ More well rounded : well only for Group fights, in 1v1 Warden is far more efficient
2/ More mooves maybe, but you need to works far harder to access to your mix up game than with Warden which has a really easy access to all his tools
3/ Dont agree about the better DMG. Warden Light parry is stronger, Wallsplat and Takedown at least on par with. And Warden has an easy way to land a guaranteed top Heavy with the new SB
4/ I agree Kensei is more satisfying to use, but he is because he is harder to master than Warden. Warden has a pretty simple Kit which allow even average player to look decent with, while this kind of player get punished for playing Kensei stupidly (Always dashing most of the time).

DrinkinMyStella
09-17-2018, 12:03 PM
I would highlights 4 things about your comment :

1/ More well rounded : well only for Group fights, in 1v1 Warden is far more efficient
2/ More mooves maybe, but you need to works far harder to access to your mix up game than with Warden which has a really easy access to all his tools
3/ Dont agree about the better DMG. Warden Light parry is stronger, Wallsplat and Takedown at least on par with. And Warden has an easy way to land a guaranteed top Heavy with the new SB
4/ I agree Kensei is more satisfying to use, but he is because he is harder to master than Warden. Warden has a pretty simple Kit which allow even average player to look decent with, while this kind of player get punished for playing Kensei stupidly (Always dashing most of the time).

I appreciate your comment, I main kensei admittedly and have mastered his mixups and find him more efficient and easier to use and beat others in 1v1 and 4v4 but thats just me. warden does have much better OOS pressure and max damage form OOS and yes I agree that his new SB makes him get more guaranteed hits where as kensei hilt bash unless your quick with your next input can lead to you getting parried or miss an attack. I just find that kensei with all of his mixups and in the right hands he can out play most other heroes and that includes warden, I don't find I have to work too hard to start any mixup because its all about timing between their attacks, if I want to access my unblockable then ill just dash top light even if blocked I can then start my unblockalbe and from there can soft feint in to GB, soft feint into side dash heavy and soft feint into side lights/heavy which has armour on it and I can feint those soft feints into another attack and my aim is to get an attack going with armour so I can trade damage and potentially get the upper hand by confusing the hell out of my opponent which does work for me. this is my experience and opinion of him but I respect your views.

Siegfried-Z
09-17-2018, 12:30 PM
I appreciate your comment, I main kensei admittedly and have mastered his mixups and find him more efficient and easier to use and beat others in 1v1 and 4v4 but thats just me. warden does have much better OOS pressure and max damage form OOS and yes I agree that his new SB makes him get more guaranteed hits where as kensei hilt bash unless your quick with your next input can lead to you getting parried or miss an attack. I just find that kensei with all of his mixups and in the right hands he can out play most other heroes and that includes warden, I don't find I have to work too hard to start any mixup because its all about timing between their attacks, if I want to access my unblockable then ill just dash top light even if blocked I can then start my unblockalbe and from there can soft feint in to GB, soft feint into side dash heavy and soft feint into side lights/heavy which has armour on it and I can feint those soft feints into another attack and my aim is to get an attack going with armour so I can trade damage and potentially get the upper hand by confusing the hell out of my opponent which does work for me. this is my experience and opinion of him but I respect your views.

Well we are both Kensei Main ;)

On my side i have no troubles outplaying most others Char with as well and i fully agree his mix up has the potential to caught even good players if used correctly.

This is only difficult to start it in my opinion against for exemple a very good Warden or Conq because if they just negate your top heavy mix up by a fast light or zone and is baiting for your dash (even delayed) then it is not easy.

But of course he is very efficient in duel too, just have the impression 4v4 is matching better with his kit ;)

And he is very fun to play with!

On my side i would recommend Kensei for the guy who made this thread. But because i like him a lot (even before rework).

If he doesn't care Warden or Kensei.. he should just choose by looking at his favorite mode, 1v1 or 4v4 ^^

Xx_Tormentor_xX
09-17-2018, 12:40 PM
To all people here suggesting warden. Tell me what his strength is in 1v1. Because shoulderbash is easily punished by more experienced players. And the nerfed double light combo is nerfed hard. Conq Bash is way better, Warden has ultracrap unblockable top heavy wich is so slow, it only works for a faint attempt. And thats so predictable...

Kensei plays much more fluid and has better tools to open. Also his range is superior to warden. Shoulderbash is also easily countered by a good timed attack.

I dont see the reason why people say warden is S tier. He is definitely not and people should wake up, because shoulderbash is not making him S tier (especially since players know now how to counter it) and the rest of his toolkit is mediocre.

David_gorda
09-17-2018, 12:49 PM
To all people here suggesting warden. Tell me what his strength is in 1v1. Because shoulderbash is easily punished by more experienced players. And the nerfed double light combo is nerfed hard. Conq Bash is way better, Warden has ultracrap unblockable top heavy wich is so slow, it only works for a faint attempt. And thats so predictable...

Kensei plays much more fluid and has better tools to open. Also his range is superior to warden. Shoulderbash is also easily countered by a good timed attack.

I dont see the reason why people say warden is S tier. He is definitely not and people should wake up, because shoulderbash is not making him S tier (especially since players know now how to counter it) and the rest of his toolkit is mediocre. its really no good counter to shoulderbash, you Know Warden can cancel shoudlerbash so Ig you dodge attack with kensai you Will get parried. You can force a reaction with shoulderbash and dont need to commit to it. You can also mix up the charge with different timing to make it hard to dodge. 40 damage with a fullt charged shoulderbash isnt hard to do when you mix it up with cancel and lvl 1 2 and sometimes fully charged version Of the bash.

Siegfried-Z
09-17-2018, 01:04 PM

I dont see the reason why people say warden is S tier. He is definitely not and people should wake up, because shoulderbash is not making him S tier (especially since players know now how to counter it) and the rest of his toolkit is mediocre.

If you get punished on your SB.. then it is not beacuse of your opponents but because you do something wrong.. devs said it themselves, they made it in a way you can beat any choice of defense..
His Sb worst than Conq one ? Conq can't feaint it once he start so i would not say that and if he commit Conq got less dmg from his SB even compared to the double lights.. not even talking of the top heavy..

Kensei has better tools to open ? Taht's the best Joke EVER. Which tool ? Pommel strik ? Then tell me how Pommel strike is good if Warden SB is not ? lol
Top heavy mix up ? Any light or zone can negate it.
Dash ? Any decent player bait it and punish you for that.

The only better things Kensei has over Warden are Range and HA on side finishers. His Dash and zone makes him better to anti-gank too but that's all.

Warden over Kensei has a better OOS pressure, Better lights (500ms in any direction while kensei side lights are 600...), an amazing sup block and a far better access to his mix up ! Warden can put pressure with Sb and UB after any moove of his kit.

Also, Warden new dash has a far better tracking and speed than Kensei one.

Vakris_One
09-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Kensei for Dominion. Warden for Duels. Although both are viable in both modes Kensei is the anti-gank king because of his dodge attack and zone while Warden is the king of 1v1s because his shoulder bash is the ultimate bait and punish tool.

Warden isn't as versatile in a gank as Kensei and Kenny boy can't control the entire pace of a 1v1 like Warden can. This is of course if you are looking to be competitive to the max. If you're just looking to have fun while also having a decent chance against most heroes then both Kensei or Warden are equally fine choices in any mode.