PDA

View Full Version : Takes so long to fix issues with characters?

IlluminatiIzzy
09-16-2018, 12:16 AM
I'm not having a go at ubisoft as I'm sure there's a good reason or something, but I'm just wondering why it takes so long to nerf (or buff) characters. Is there anyway that we even know they've acknowledged these issues, such as the ones I've previously posted about?

DefiledDragon
09-16-2018, 02:34 AM
Because shut up and buy more steel packs. That's why.

IlluminatiIzzy
09-16-2018, 02:50 AM
lol

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-16-2018, 03:25 AM
Lol... Honest answer. I agree they talk of balance yet never is.

What they could do to balance easily.

Give heavies unblockable GBs since berserker has HA lights it's only fair

Get rid of revenge

Take out Kia scream and kens unblockable out of game.

Bombs only take off half damage

Arrows are homing but do less damage

Everyone's first feat is a 1v1 feat to reduce ganking. The feat does not work while on a zone

Only side unblockables and zones can sideswipe other opponents...no free lunch

Dominion gameplay is switched to inferno dominion with feats and gear.

No health feats... At all.

All health restore attack Are taken out of the game.

If you are executed you spawn in 10 second if you die by light attacks you respond instantly.

If you get a zone or two light attacks in a row you can perform an execution.

All characters run at the same rate of speed.

Feats are gained by # of kills you get in a life not by overall kills or points.

All characters heal at the same as a whole speed.

Restore shugoki, pk
Block buff gladiators and shinobi
Give more health to all characters equally
Increase damage to heavies

Feinting used more stamina

Parry only gives you a free light unless you parry a light or an unblockable. No stamina reduction for parry of a heavy

Heavies have a reflex guard stance now...debuff

ChampionRuby50g
09-16-2018, 03:50 AM
Lol... Honest answer. I agree they talk of balance yet never is.

What they could do to balance easily.

Give heavies unblockable GBs since berserker has HA lights it's only fair

Get rid of revenge

Take out Kia scream and kens unblockable out of game.

Bombs only take off half damage

Arrows are homing but do less damage

Everyone's first feat is a 1v1 feat to reduce ganking. The feat does not work while on a zone

Only side unblockables and zones can sideswipe other opponents...no free lunch

Dominion gameplay is switched to inferno dominion with feats and gear.

No health feats... At all.

All health restore attack Are taken out of the game.

If you are executed you spawn in 10 second if you die by light attacks you respond instantly.

If you get a zone or two light attacks in a row you can perform an execution.

All characters run at the same rate of speed.

Feats are gained by # of kills you get in a life not by overall kills or points.

All characters heal at the same as a whole speed.

Restore shugoki, pk
Block buff gladiators and shinobi
Give more health to all characters equally
Increase damage to heavies

Feinting used more stamina

Parry only gives you a free light unless you parry a light or an unblockable. No stamina reduction for parry of a heavy

1. No. Remove Zerks HA on lights after heavy feint instead. Personally I donít mind, but Iíd rather that than UB GBs.

2. No. Keep revenge. Revenge would only be a problem in 1v1 situations, and if youíre dying to an enemy in revenge often you are doing something wrong.

3. Agree on Kia feat, Kensei UB Feat, Bombs and arrows.

4. What do you mean reduce ganking? Like you take less damage if outnumbered? I donít see the point in removing revenge then giving a feat that everyone has that does the same thing basically, but doesnít work everywhere.

5. Also donít know what you mean by sideswipe opponents.

6. Agreed on Infernal Dom, besides zones been locked off when someoneís fighting on it. It was nice as part of the event, but not a fan off it been around permanently.

7. On the fence about no health feats.

8. Make the health regain attacks more evenly balanced. Example: Shugo no longer loses health on miss and one shots people, but also drops the opponent if he gets hit by an external attack while in the animation, like Shaman.

9. No. Make respawn timer 5 seconds if not executed, and 7 seconds if executed as you already have to sit and wait through the animation.

10. No. Keep execution as it is. Itís fine right now and doesnít need fixing. Think about LB. One of the worst zones in the game, doesnít have dual light combo and his top light (500ms) is easily defended agaisnt and his side lights (600ms) are free parries half the time.

11. No. Character speed should be unique. Why bother playing Shinobi then, as much as I hate to say it. There should be heroes who run faster/slower than others. You mean to tell me a 200kg fat man can run just as fast as a Peacekeeper, while holding a club her weight?

12. Feats earned by a number of kills you get in a life encourages ganking. Players would just stick in a group getting bulk kills while the opposing team would get none in a life. The snowball effect would be insane. You should also still get rewarded for playing the objective/clearing minions. Why else would you bother capturing zones.

13. PK can get looked at once the whole OG cast have been touched up. Not before.

14. Not agaisnt giving everyone a universal health buff, thought about it before myself. Heavies should get more damage too, but within reason. Donít go the HL treatment and over do it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-16-2018, 04:35 AM
1. No. Remove Zerks HA on lights after heavy feint instead. Personally I donít mind, but Iíd rather that than UB GBs.

Agreed that Berzerker should not have it...he is a vanguard. Heavies need reflex guard and HA on GB to counter light spam.

2. No. Keep revenge. Revenge would only be a problem in 1v1 situations, and if youíre dying to an enemy in revenge often you are doing something wrong.

Revenge needs to go...the 1v1 feat would balance this if it was given to everyone at the begining

3. Agree on Kia feat, Kensei UB Feat, Bombs and arrows.

4. What do you mean reduce ganking? Like you take less damage if outnumbered? I donít see the point in removing revenge then giving a feat that everyone has that does the same thing basically, but doesnít work everywhere.

A If you get outnumbered you use it. Until that fight is over or a person runs away to a good distance the two players are out of phase with the rest of their teams...none can interfere. And I take it back it can be used on zone but you don't have any say on the zone until it is over. So if you go out of phase in a 1v2 on a zone the other evemy can capture the zone while you are fighting in it.

5. Also donít know what you mean by sideswipe opponents.

Hitting opponent with heavies that you aren't attacking. If your fighting two people you can't use a heavy to hit the guy your fighting and do collateral sideswipe damage on the opponent to your left and right.

6. Agreed on Infernal Dom, besides zones been locked off when someoneís fighting on it. It was nice as part of the event, but not a fan off it been around permanently.

7. On the fence about no health feats.
Since health bleeds into revenge it's op. If you take revenge out it becomes unsportsmanlike....either way I think it needs to go

8. Make the health regain attacks more evenly balanced. Example: Shugo no longer loses health on miss and one shots people, but also drops the opponent if he gets hit by an external attack while in the animation, like Shaman.

If they speed up shugokis DE I would agree

9. No. Make respawn timer 5 seconds if not executed, and 7 seconds if executed as you already have to sit and wait through the animation.

Either works

10. No. Keep execution as it is. Itís fine right now and doesnít need fixing. Think about LB. One of the worst zones in the game, doesnít have dual light combo and his top light (500ms) is easily defended agaisnt and his side lights (600ms) are free parries half the time.

Fair point.

11. No. Character speed should be unique. Why bother playing Shinobi then, as much as I hate to say it. There should be heroes who run faster/slower than others. You mean to tell me a 200kg fat man can run just as fast as a Peacekeeper, while holding a club her weight?

OK all assasins have Shinobis fast run at the cost of stamina. Shinobi gets more health. As he has two ways to gb I think that is more than fair compensation. Yes I know he sucks

12. Feats earned by a number of kills you get in a life encourages ganking. Players would just stick in a group getting bulk kills while the opposing team would get none in a life. The snowball effect would be insane. You should also still get rewarded for playing the objective/clearing minions. Why else would you bother capturing zones.

Assists could be adjusted as none kills in the system.

13. PK can get looked at once the whole OG cast have been touched up. Not before.

Compared to Berzerker she is horribly underpowered. Wardens bleed feat makes him immune and builds his revenge. No she needs to looked at sooner than later.

14. Not agaisnt giving everyone a universal health buff, thought about it before myself. Heavies should get more damage too, but within reason. Donít go the HL treatment and over do it.

It should go like this. Assasins get light spam and reflex guard. Vanguards get full guard. Heavies get reflex guard with gb active ha.

Also for all characters: something needs to be done about gb. When you GB someonr in a gank some characters get punished way to badly for it by the opponent to the side. After the attack there shouldnt be any recovery time. If you GB someone and get hit by someone else while you're attacking the gb opponent it should snap you out after the first hit with no recovery time. When you finish your gb attack such like Pk, shinobi, and shugoki there should be no recovery time.

Also NO free hits. This land one light and get the second one free is bogus and confusing to me players who will think the game is broke... Which it is.

If you don't like by idea about executions because of Lawbringer than we should make executions uninteruptable.

Also they need to make a way to back out of dead lobbies without restarting...is very frustrating to restart multiple times and is a beta problem not a legit game problem.

Read above

IlluminatiIzzy
09-19-2018, 07:26 PM
I've made a thread on warden and berzerker if you guys wanna look at that

THE_MAD_KlNG
09-19-2018, 08:43 PM

Why? For the most part heavys are the worst heroes in the game. That's one good heavy and thats the conc. Lb and highlander are hybrids. So you just want to nerf shugoki and warlord even more? But even before that what does this accomplish?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Why? For the most part heavys are the worst heroes in the game. That's one good heavy and thats the conc. Lb and highlander are hybrids. So you just want to nerf shugoki and warlord even more? But even before that what does this accomplish?

Having active HA on GB is a big advantage and it needs to be tapered. Reflex guard is the perfect way because it can gradually be adjusted so that the character is balanced. No more reworks just fine tuning.

Armosias
09-20-2018, 03:01 AM
Having active HA on GB is a big advantage and it needs to be tapered. Reflex guard is the perfect way because it can gradually be adjusted so that the character is balanced. No more reworks just fine tuning.
Can't you stop with HA on GB? I mean do you want heavies and hybrids to have 70% winrate and 90% combined pickrates? Like you're rewarded with a guardbreak for eating a heavy or a light? Is that really balanced? Shugoki getting guaranteed 60 damages or hug from any attack if there is a wall nearby?
Do you realize how OP it would be!?

Klingentaenz3r
09-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Can't you stop with HA on GB? I mean do you want heavies and hybrids to have 70% winrate and 90% combined pickrates? Like you're rewarded with a guardbreak for eating a heavy or a light? Is that really balanced? Shugoki getting guaranteed 60 damages or hug from any attack if there is a wall nearby?
Do you realize how OP it would be!?

aehem! *coughs* 40-45 dmg. These are the base numbers for his heavies. GB golf swing is only 25 dmg (off the top of my head). 60 dmg would be his unblockable. He only gets that if you are on the ground. Any attack is also not correct. Multi hit attacks (double lights, zerk's zone) remove the HA and stagger him. Other than that you are hitting it on the spot. HA on GB for all heavy characters is crazy, as you would have one broken move that works against ANY attack attempt. That is even more superior than Shugoki's version which is quite balanced for his specific build so far.

SangLong524
09-20-2018, 11:20 AM
The ranked mode and tournament last the whole season, right? So there you go. they can't tinker with buff or debuff anyone unless its some sort game breaking issues or something minor, or it will screw up the leaderboard.
I think they do acknowledge what you say. but see, the devs have a lot more data than you can ever have, i'm 99,99% sure. They should have some reasons to schedule the issues after some other priorities. I doubt they are out piss you off. they have better things to do. you know, doing their job that their company assign them, not your b*tches

Tyrfing_.
09-20-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm not having a go at ubisoft as I'm sure there's a good reason or something, but I'm just wondering why it takes so long to nerf (or buff) characters. Is there anyway that we even know they've acknowledged these issues, such as the ones I've previously posted about?

Well, I think it gets quite obviuose in this forum, that, though everybody claims to have the correct opinon and is speaking for all the comunity, the discussion on the characters are quite controverse.
There is objektivly no clear answer on what is the right thing to do.
Best sample: Cent.
A majority of beginners and not-so-good-players struggle a lot vs. him and claim that he is taking their fun from the game. Experienced players however claim that he is too weak... Not an easy task to manage, and there should not be any quick untested shots that lead to even more chaos.

HazelrahFirefly
09-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Because shut up and buy more steel packs. That's why.

+1

MoonBloodRaven
09-20-2018, 06:42 PM
But how are you supposed to fight 1v4 without revenge? Take it out from 1v1 sure, but keep them in other gamemodes.

MoonBloodRaven
09-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Thay sounds like a terrible idea. Everything from No health feats sounds terrible.

MoonBloodRaven
09-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Hmm nah. They're there to make a passable game so people would still spend money on it. Why have a season last entire year if you don't make 3 months of only changes and tinkering. Look at league of legends, it also has year wide seasons, but also a preseason where they dump their reworks to see if they stick and on top of that they tinker numbers and make minor reworks for abilities every month sometimes every week.

Compared to Riots balance team in terms of change frequency Ubisofts team are sitting in a bar across the street and doing shots whenever someone posts about how OP Orochi or Gladiator are.

MoonBloodRaven
09-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Well it would be easy if you went with nuclear option and divided low tier and high tier players into diffrent servers.

Also they could do livestreams like DE(creators of Warframe) where they discuss balance and new content with community. Asking pros what specificly makes char weak and asking low tier players what in his kit make him cancer to deal with.

Steelsoldier555
09-20-2018, 10:16 PM
Because Ubisoft clearly likes to watch Meta Trash players abuse and bully the legit players, it seems like a sick game to them. But honestly I wouldnít ever get your hopes up on getting something that needs to be nerfed well nerfed. They havenít even fixed the issues with matchmaking, like regenerating the teams after each game, say you got stuck with some new players that suck while the enemy team is filled with either veterans or meta trash. Guess what next game youíre gonna be stuck with the same worthless teammates until you leave and find a different game! So with that being said I highly doubt theyíre going to be fixing any of the real issues anytime soon

Steelsoldier555
09-20-2018, 10:17 PM
Shut up, get off the forums if you donít got anything to contribute to the issues at hand.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-21-2018, 02:13 AM
Sorry but light spam beats everything in the game. Active HA gb would not be overpowered as it would still have to be timed correctly and could still be counter guard broken if the spammer sees what your trying to do. What it does is even the playing field considering heavies would have reflex guard. It isn't anymore broken than some characters light spam, zones, openers, bashes, kick/grabs, or feats.