PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

NegroFury
09-15-2018, 09:43 PM
We should have the option to completely disable ghosts. I don't play Trials to race against people, I play it for the challenge. I play for the satisfaction of completing a difficult track. I don't think I should be forced to feel as though I am participating in a race. Please fix this.

Euler13
09-16-2018, 08:30 PM
I echo this request. I'm not the greatest of players and I'm not likely to get platinums, but I rarely fault and on my best runs I'm only going to be a second or two away from platinum medals. To be proud of finishing a flawless run on a "medium" track like UK UP in 41 seconds and find yourself in 4th place is completely disheartening. I know there are ninjas out there, but I'm not competing against them. I want to feel some satisfaction as I continue to beat my own PB, not be constantly reminded every time I play the track that my very best run makes me a loser.

thekingheeb
09-17-2018, 04:10 AM
I agree 100%. This was one of the harder things for me to get over. The fact that there were like 4 ghosts going at the same time affected my vision and ability early in the track (before any real separation can occur between the ghosts and live player). There were several times that I lost focus on my character and ended up faulting. Its even more pronounced when there is, letís say, a jump and the background sunlight overpowers what you are able to see. When you finally are able to see characters again, you have to quickly identify which one is you and hopefully be able to make any necessary adjustments before its too late. It left me frustrated several times.

Euler13
09-17-2018, 07:05 AM
Absolutely! If you're keeping up with the ghosts, then it's like trying to make a land in a garbled mess. You can't tell your own bike from the mash-up of the others.

Just to add to my previous post (and I posted this in another thread), but I wonder if the ghosts are tied to our current level? As an example, I advanced to level 26. On the extreme track I got a time of 3.30 and finished in last place!

attila-999
09-17-2018, 12:41 PM
you can totally disable ghost players.
you have to go in the options.
you will however have "the presentation of the players during the loading of the track" but you will be the only runner visible on the track
https://youtu.be/z_oeDXunHmY?t=3746

you will also have your position at the end of the track among the 4 players ..... but like that you will not be embarrassed by the ghost during your progress on the line of race.

KraftsCheese
09-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Seeing 3 ghosts on the screen made for a very jumbled confusing view. It's nice that the feature can be disabled. It does seem like something you should have to opt into though. It feels like a step backwards from just seeing the small icon indicating your friends' progression on the track. It gave you an idea of your progress but didn't distract you from your own game.

Mumbles_3110
09-19-2018, 10:13 AM
Agree entirely with the comments made already about ghosts. I would say however that disabling them still doesn't work for me, don't get me wrong, turning the opacity to zero is a step in the right direction but I know there's still a "competition" there; the winner slapping their back side in my face at the end is a stark reminder of that... Also it seemed a bit confusing when the contracts are forcing me to do X amount of stoppies/flips but technically I still "lose"

If there was an option to drop in your own ghosts from the leaderboards then I'd be happy with that. Anything up to the 3 as they are just now, but I choose them. I use them as a marker for my target time.

For me, trials is about the harder levels and trying to go for the zero run. Granted in the first few play through a I try to breeze through the easier ones but ultimately in a year's time, I'll be going back for the zero fault runs I haven't got. Ghosts don't help with that at all.

At its heart (for me), trials is a puzzle platformer. I feel it's best to leave MP aspects of the campaign in the MP section.

UbiKeeba
09-21-2018, 06:10 PM
This is feedback I've passed on to the team. :) Thank you so much for taking time to post!