PDA

View Full Version : Challenger times way off

Rus18
09-15-2018, 05:04 PM
When ever I get a challenger event to complete, the times are way slower than my own personal best in all 3 attempts. I dont see the challenge/incentive to complete these, surely the challenger times should be better than my own? I would add a screenshot of the times but I can't see a way to do this on my phone.

lu3mm3l
09-15-2018, 05:16 PM
It's not always like that. I played a track to beat the contract first but restarted it from the win screen since I only got silver. Did a great run the second time. Ten minutes later the challenger event pops up with a time 2 seconds slower than mine. Haven't tried it yet but it'll be tough.

Rus18
09-15-2018, 05:44 PM
I don't know what's going on with mine then as mine seem grossly out, the one I've just finished the challengers time was 01.06.947 and my pb was 00.37.179

Rworqx
09-15-2018, 05:52 PM
the more challenger missions you do the more close they get towards your personal best. at least in my experience. how many challangers did you beat? I am at 60 now and get pretty close calls now.

Rus18
09-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Defeated 13 challengers now, nowhere near 60 haha. The challenger that's just popped up now is still 47 seconds slower than my own.

Euler13
09-16-2018, 07:10 PM
That has not been my experience in general. I've defeated 12 challengers now, but apart from Car Park Club where their times were something silly like 28, 24, and 20 minutes, the times have been very similar to my PBs. I'm not a great rider, with my PBs being usually about a second or so off platinum. Even on my best runs I'm generally not good enough to get platinum and I make lots of mistakes. But as an example, my current challenger is for On The Edge. My PB is 49.104 (platinum is 49) and the first challenger is 50.450. My previous one was Trial Yorkers. My PB is 47.534 (platinum is 47) and the challengers went from about 48.9 down to 48.1. They are far too close for comfort and I'm not even going to risk the current one. Out of my league. I hope they get better optimisation when the full game is released.

I_GETHSEMANE_I
09-17-2018, 12:36 AM
I hope they get better optimisation when the full game is released.

I'm at around 60 challengers beaten, and it's running up against my skill ceiling now, within two seconds like someone stated above, on the hard tracks. I've not had the chance to test the theory, but, I'd assume after a few defeats the numbers would start dropping back to give more of an opportunity to complete them, while still remaining challenging. I did start to lose a few, and it basically just gave me a different challenger on another track, so I'd like to hope it would work this way, but only time will tell.

Euler13
09-17-2018, 07:01 AM
I wonder if it's related to our level. I got to level 26 and I've noticed that the ghosts have become impossible for me to beat. I finished the extreme track in 3.30 and was in last place!