PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Recruit upgrading seems a slow process.

Six_Gun
03-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Is it me or is the game seriously flawed in the Assassin Recruit upgrading for Story Mode? There appears to be not nearly enough level 3 Contract Missions of the 200+ XP range. It feels like I'm wasting a lot of time nickel and diming these recruits with measly missions because there's not high point many mid range ones to facilitate expedient upgrading.

Granted I've been only sending them out in scenarios of 90% or better Odds of Success, but even if I were to take a chance on lower percentages there'd still be a shortage of mid level missions with decent XP to send them out on. What's the lowest OoS percentage you guys accept when sending out recruits? I'd hate like hell to lose any after spending so much time building their skills.

As of now I only have one full fledged assassin and all the other 11 are level 8 recruits. Only two of the 8s are anywhere close to a level 9 status. I'd like to start accepting missions in at least the 80-90% range to speed things up, but out of curiosity has anyone had consistent success with 70-80% missions?

One last thing, correct me if I'm wrong but I've only seen solo missions for recruits being possible. Can they be sent out in groups, or do you HAVE to send them solo? Being able to at least send them in small groups of 4 or so would really speed things up I think. I don't see any way of doing that though.

Six_Gun
03-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Is it me or is the game seriously flawed in the Assassin Recruit upgrading for Story Mode? There appears to be not nearly enough level 3 Contract Missions of the 200+ XP range. It feels like I'm wasting a lot of time nickel and diming these recruits with measly missions because there's not high point many mid range ones to facilitate expedient upgrading.

Granted I've been only sending them out in scenarios of 90% or better Odds of Success, but even if I were to take a chance on lower percentages there'd still be a shortage of mid level missions with decent XP to send them out on. What's the lowest OoS percentage you guys accept when sending out recruits? I'd hate like hell to lose any after spending so much time building their skills.

As of now I only have one full fledged assassin and all the other 11 are level 8 recruits. Only two of the 8s are anywhere close to a level 9 status. I'd like to start accepting missions in at least the 80-90% range to speed things up, but out of curiosity has anyone had consistent success with 70-80% missions?

One last thing, correct me if I'm wrong but I've only seen solo missions for recruits being possible. Can they be sent out in groups, or do you HAVE to send them solo? Being able to at least send them in small groups of 4 or so would really speed things up I think. I don't see any way of doing that though.

Six_Gun
03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Well I did some Googling and found via what was said and looking in the contract mission screen again that it's pretty easy and obvious how to send out more than one recruit at a time on contract missions. Don't know how I didn't notice that. Makes a huge difference and I now have all my recruits at Assassin status.

AntiChrist7
03-26-2011, 07:49 AM
send your assassins together makes them levelling up much faster. also if you play PL on facebook, you get experience points there you can use in the game

Maurice_Wijma
03-26-2011, 07:54 AM
When I saw the title, I thought; "Slow? I get 3 assassin's to top rank in 1 sequence!"

Also, when you free districts from Borgia towers, and you recruit a new one, take it to a mission with a top-rank assassin. Take a mission that gets them both in about 90% of succes.
The new one will get from 0 to 5 in 1 run.

Six_Gun
03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
If I'd noticed how to send out more than one recruit right away I'd probably not have put off upgrading them. I pretty much waited until I had all locations and shops bought and renovated and all Borgia towers torched, as well as all war machines destroyed. Then I got to a point where there's a mission after the trojan horse one where they say you have to use the assassins and I didn't want them dying, so I then only focused on upgrading them.

At that point I had about 200,000 florins. Well over 500,000 florins later I was still poking along with one at assassin level and the rest at level 8 because I was sending them out solo. My bad for not noticing the easy five pane mission builder to assemble an assassin team.