PDA

View Full Version : Please don't remove rank Q on tourney weekends

Playing_Mantis
09-14-2018, 11:47 PM
I really love the idea of the tournament mode coming on weekends only but please please don't remove the normal rank play when this is here. I really don't want to play only tournaments all weekend just to play rank. Why does it have to go away? I think plenty of people will play the tourneys still. I will, but I'm not going to play them all weekend even if you remove the normal rank 1v1. So by doing this Im not playing as much because I don't want to wait on the tournaments so much and I don't like playing non rank. Is there a reason why you can't leave them both up? My personal opinion and lots of my friends who play feel the same way. :/

UbiJurassic
09-15-2018, 12:30 AM
I really love the idea of the tournament mode coming on weekends only but please please don't remove the normal rank play when this is here. I really don't want to play only tournaments all weekend just to play rank. Why does it have to go away? I think plenty of people will play the tourneys still. I will, but I'm not going to play them all weekend even if you remove the normal rank 1v1. So by doing this Im not playing as much because I don't want to wait on the tournaments so much and I don't like playing non rank. Is there a reason why you can't leave them both up? My personal opinion and lots of my friends who play feel the same way. :/

The reason we don't want to leave both up is that we don't want to split the ranked playerbases. This is still something we are testing though, as we have had both playlists available at the same time in the past. We certainly welcome the feedback on it and welcome others to share which one they prefer as well, separated ranked playlists during the weekends tournaments return or one single playlist?

Playing_Mantis
09-15-2018, 01:03 AM
Well, I understand that logic but honestly its just making lots of players not play when the rank Q is gone. I will play the tournaments even if the rank Q is still available but Ill only play 2-3 tourneys and thats all I can handle. Then after that Im stuck with playing non rank 1v1 or more tourneys and both options don't appeal to me so I actually go play different games. With dominion even when the other events come people still play the standard dominion also. I don't think It will hurt the player base by splitting it and by doing the tourneys on some weekends only will make enough people play it. I really really think you should try a weekend with both modes to see if people will still play both modes. I love the tourney mode and I honestly will play this mode, but Its not a mode I can spend 5-8 hours on with the time it takes to get games. Please just try to have both modes in a weekend to see how it goes, all Im asking. I would love to be able to play both modes back and forth without being stuck with just tourney. The weekends being the best time for me to sink hours into the game makes me really sad that I only have the option to play tourney if i want to play rank..and I don't like to play non rank anymore. Thanks UBI! Please pass this info along! If anyone else reading this feels like I do please speak out also!

Playing_Mantis
09-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Also..I forgot to add. I think tourney mode should only come maybe every other weekend to keep it special and the standard rank 1v1 just always active, even on tournament weekends. Im sure people will still play the tournament mode, and players like me will still have the option to play some tourneys and go back to 1v1 rank too. Its just sad to have a whole weekend where I can't play 1v1 standard rank. :/ Basically there are hours of gameplay that I would sink into for honor rather than other games I play if the option was there. :)

SnizzyWizzy
09-15-2018, 01:19 AM
I agree fully. I would Like to see the 1v1 Rank stay as well. I love the tournament mode but when I just have a few minutes to play I don't have time for a tournament and then I can't play rank at all. Im sure people will play both modes and it won't split the player base. Some people just prefer one mode over the other and so some people won't even play the mode they don't like.