PDA

View Full Version : Device Link Usage when playing on line

VinFiz_22
12-13-2004, 10:48 AM
I have found an issue when using the Device Link interface when playing on line. I am not sure if this behavior is by design or if this is an actual issue.

I have a touch screen program that is used to control an aircraft in Forgotten Battles. Works great when I play by myself. It reads data from the aircraft and also allows me to send commands in.

But when I play on line, I can not read any data from the game. I can input data just fine, but some of the controls have dependicies of my being able to read data. For example, I get an engine count so I can display all the engines data. I can not do this online. Hopefully some one can address this, or tell me where to place this issue so the developers can take a look at this.

Love this simulator!!

VinFiz_22
12-13-2004, 10:48 AM
I have found an issue when using the Device Link interface when playing on line. I am not sure if this behavior is by design or if this is an actual issue.

I have a touch screen program that is used to control an aircraft in Forgotten Battles. Works great when I play by myself. It reads data from the aircraft and also allows me to send commands in.

But when I play on line, I can not read any data from the game. I can input data just fine, but some of the controls have dependicies of my being able to read data. For example, I get an engine count so I can display all the engines data. I can not do this online. Hopefully some one can address this, or tell me where to place this issue so the developers can take a look at this.

Love this simulator!!

jeroen-79
12-13-2004, 11:52 AM
It's a feature, not a bug.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Devicelink.txt:
In current version, this section is disabled while playing the game over the
net. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know the reason behind it though.
Maybe they want to keep devicelink from interfering with the multiplayer datastream, maybe they want to prevent 'cheating'.
It could be made an option for the host.

Chris_Zakrewsky
12-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I think that jeoren-79 is correct.

However I am interested in your program. Have you developed it all by yourself?

What kind (brand) of touch screen are you using?

Cheers,
/Chris Z.

BaldieJr
12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Consider me also interested in:

Online devicelink functionality.
VinFiz_22's application

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TAGERT.
12-14-2004, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VinFiz_22:

Love this simulator!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I recal something about the server having to enable it.. so the users can make use of it.. That and even when enabled.. some things online are disabled.. But I dont use DeviceLink much for real time stuff.. I use it mostly for post processing track files.

One thing I would like to know.. WHEN THE F ARE WE GOING TO GET A DeviceLink room for these topics? Is that just too much to ask?

Mithel
12-15-2004, 07:11 AM
DeviceLink is great! I do wish all the information was available for "online" games (since I only fly online coops!). Reading some obscure temperature gauge is difficult in game, it would be great to check it with a separate program.

Having said that, I love the device link program I wrote which gives me nice visual feedback on my exact trim settings, arrestor hook status, etc - eliminates a lot of "need" for external view or slight "jiggle" to check things.