PDA

View Full Version : How does digital combined with physical ships and add-ons work?

neilvbell
09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
So in the Nintendo starter pack you get a digital version of Zenith and the gatling weapon (forgotten the name) but physical of Arwing, the flamethrower weapon and the ice missile launcher. So how well will it cope if I have the physical arwing mounted on the controller then change to the digital Zenith? What about if I then swap to a different physical weapon? Will it try reverting back to the physical Arwing ship? or can digital versions of the kit only be used during digital-only play?

Ubi-Rich
09-17-2018, 07:55 PM
Hey! Great questions!

So how well will it cope if I have the physical arwing mounted on the controller then change to the digital Zenith?
If you have the physical Arwing mounted that means you will be playing with that ship, pilot, weapon combo. To play with the digital Zenith, you would have to remove the Arwing from it's mount.

Note: I edited this answer to correctly reflect the information shared below.

What about if I then swap to a different physical weapon?Will it try reverting back to the physical Arwing ship? or can digital versions of the kit only be used during digital-only play?

When you tag in your physical ships and weapons you also unlock a digital version of those items for a limited time (to refresh this time all you do is tag your items in again). When you switch to your digital zenith, you will have access to digital versions of all of the physical items that you have tagged into the game world. So, when you switch to the digital Zenith, you will have access to your complete collection (as long as you have tagged everything in).

neilvbell
09-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Thanks Ubi-Rich. What I was really trying to get at was how smart is the system at not getting confused between your physical and digital mixed selections. So If I have the physical arwing mounted with some weapons, then select the digital zenith (Arwing still mounted) but next I swap one of the physical weapons (mounted on the physical Arwing, even though I am playing with the digital Zenith) to a different physical weapon. Will the game only update the thing that just got changed (the weapon, so it still leaves me in-game playing the digital Zenith but with the new weapon attached) or will it refresh the whole setup and change me back to the Arwing? Hope that made more sense. I can imagine that it would get even more complicated as you start combining digital wings (like the Zenith wings) on to a physical ship and then want a physical weapon mounted on it. Hopefully the system only updates the things that change and so won;t keep trying to revert to the physical mounted ship and accessories when you have selected some digital options in the mix.

Ubi-Rich
09-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks Ubi-Rich. What I was really trying to get at was how smart is the system at not getting confused between your physical and digital mixed selections. So If I have the physical arwing mounted with some weapons, then select the digital zenith (Arwing still mounted) but next I swap one of the physical weapons (mounted on the physical Arwing, even though I am playing with the digital Zenith) to a different physical weapon. Will the game only update the thing that just got changed (the weapon, so it still leaves me in-game playing the digital Zenith but with the new weapon attached) or will it refresh the whole setup and change me back to the Arwing? Hope that made more sense. I can imagine that it would get even more complicated as you start combining digital wings (like the Zenith wings) on to a physical ship and then want a physical weapon mounted on it. Hopefully the system only updates the things that change and so won;t keep trying to revert to the physical mounted ship and accessories when you have selected some digital options in the mix.

Ahh okay. I reached out to the team to gather some more intel on this. If you have the physical Arwing mounted that means you're playing with that ship. If you wanted to play with the digital Zenith, you would have to remove the Arwing from the mount. So you can't have both going at the same time.

neilvbell
09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the info. i thought there might be some issues with that kind of thing. This is going to be frustrating for the people (like me) that are playing in a Switch but didn't really care about the Arwing and really wanted the Zenith. I really hope they do a cheap physical Zenith ship pack for Switch owners at some point. Feels like easy money for them as long as the ships aren;t very expensive to produce (since I wouldn't want to pay the full money for this since I already have the digital version). Still, for my persepective this won;t be a huge issue as the toys are more for my son to play with and i will play mostly digitally on the portable switch.