PDA

View Full Version : Parrying when 1v2

MoonBloodRaven
09-14-2018, 01:11 PM
It should prevent any attacks apart from guard break, because tell me how am i supposed to dodge a kick/shoulderbash/shugokis grab/reiders grab/nobushis kick/etc. when i'm in a middle of a parry animation fighting more then 1 opponent? I'm locked in that animation so i can't dodge out of the way, giving enemy even bigger advantage then they already had.

P.S. if there are any ways to counter it and i just don't see it, please comment down below.

Charmzzz
09-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Oh no, that should not be changed. If you got outnumbered you should definitely be in a worse situation than your 2 opponents. You already have the current, very strong Revenge to handle 2 opponents. A full immunity when parrying would be too strong.

TLDR: if you got outnumbered and your enemies time their attacks perfectly -> you should have a disadvantage

Klingentaenz3r
09-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Just as Charmzzz said it.

Additionally. The other option that might prevent that is not to parry but to dodge that attack. Of course if you do that often you run the risk getting guardbroken. This is why characters with dodge attacks have a solid advantage in those kinds of fights as with that they assume a new position which moves them out of a current third party threat and protect themselves against GB attempts (not 100% of course). In general you also have to throw something here and there to keep everyone on their tows. It is up to you however to develop fighting skills for multi-opponent fights. Positioning and what to use when are one of the key elements.

If you want to get better at all that, play real 2v2 brawls

Vrbas1
09-14-2018, 03:17 PM
Disagree with OP. While Revenge should boost your survival and give you a better chance of staying alive until help arrives, it should not flip the table if you are outnumbered. Like others have said, he who is outnumbered is still outnumbered.