PDA

View Full Version : Adding linearity setting

TheTekator
09-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Hey,

I tried the beta today, but I cant really "enjoy" the gameplay part, because of my gamepad.
Indeed, playing with PS4 pad, my R2 trigger is getting out of order, causing it to not register the whole pressure.

I do know that playing with a 0/1 trigger isnt great for this kind of game, but when your controller isn't in good shape, aving the option to software-fix it is nice. Especially when you can't actually play the game at all if you dont have this option in settings.

Checked in Trials Fusion, did not found the option either ... A bit late now to add it (even if it's not a big deal) but you absolutly need it in Rising !
I really dont understand this option is not available ... The Crew has it (i even saw in it that I can't throttle above 45% with a "normal" use. And if I hurt my finger to press R2 like a crazy kid I can reach 60-70% throttle. Setting Linearity a bit higher -or lower, dont remember the setting- I can reach 100% without problem, while still able to find a 30-50-70%)
Even a game like FIFA, I sprint with R2, and I can activate an option where the sprint is linear or not.

So, I would llike to buy Rising, but I'm not sure if I will buy/fix controller before. If there is no linearity setting, can't play, can't buy ...
And it's not like this is a really hard setting to add. not gameplay, nothing about servers, etc ... a basic setting line.

UbiKeeba
09-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Thanks for letting us know about your concerns. I'm going to make sure the team is aware.

TheTekator
09-14-2018, 07:55 PM
Thank you ;)

Have a gread day/week-end ! :)

UbiKeeba
09-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Same to you!

mrjorts
09-14-2018, 09:52 PM
I have had 3 PS4 controllers and all of them have had the same thing happen from playing Trials. I even made a track in the editor that displayed a meter to measure throttle strength and fully pressing R2 would give me 70% of what the X button would.

BTW TheTekator, if you're looking for another solution PS4 controllers do have a 1 year warranty and I got one of mine replaced that way, and if you're DIY handy you can take the controller apart and switch the rubber pads from the L2 and R2 since it probably won't be as worn out, which is how I fixed my other two. You can also get brand new pads on ebay. Cheaper than buying a new one.

TheTekator
09-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Thanks Mrjorts for your advice.
But I got 2 controllers : one from day one console pack with dead sticks, and the other, I still use and which is still working great (apart from that R2 issue that can be fixed in 99% games) that is maybe 8-10 months older (almost day one from the DS4 v2 release)
So, no warranty available ! :D

L2 still works decently, but far from perfect, so switching rubbers wouldn't make it ;) (can reach 80-90%. Switching would really make both triggers ****ty :D And that 2nd rubber would be worn out in no time if switched)
Btw, I already planned on buying a PS4 Pro, so I will get a new controller. But I still dont know exactly when I will actually buy it (maybe next week, maybe xmas, maybe 2019 ^^)

Anyway, a setting line that can probably help a few more players isn't a big deal. It's always nice to have more user settings, so we can adapt much more to every gamer's style. Also keeping in mind that could also be a trick for some people with disabilities, that may have trouble pressing triggers fully ;) (that's more relevant on Playstation version, cause there are some adapted pads on onther platforms, but not for PS4)